A tinfoil hat conspiracy theory: Competing vs. both OSU and the refs on Saturday?

supadupafly

Reaction score
Don't get me wrong, OSU is a great team. Not trying to take anything away from them with my tin foil hat conspiracy theory. But Lord knows the B1G also doesn't want their main CFP opportunity to be impacted negatively in any way at this point or going forward. So on top of playing a great team in OSU, at their place in Columbus, will we also in some way be playing against the refs on Saturday evening?

Don't get me wrong, OSU is a great team. Not trying to take anything away from them with my tin foil conspiracy theory. But Lord knows the B1G also doesn't want their main CFP opportunity to be impacted negatively in any way at this point or going forward. So on top of playing a great team in OSU, at their place in Columbus, will we also in some way be playing against the refs on Saturday evening?

I was thinking the same exact thing today. Hopefully not though.

All conspiracy theories are part of a bigger more widespread conspiracy!

Conspiracy isn't needed until 1 undefeated is standing. The B1G has 3 right now.

It's an attempt to take over the world by the proctologists.

All conspiracy theories are part of a bigger more widespread conspiracy!

Lord! It's a miracle! Man up and vanished like a fart in the wind. Nothin' left but some damn rocks on the window sill and that cupcake on the wall. [He gestures toward the poster of Raquel Welch hanging on the cell wall.] Let's ask her. Maybe she knows. What say there, fussy-britches. Feel like talkin'? Oh, guess not. Why should she be any different? This is a conspiracy. That's what this is. It's one big damn conspiracy. And everyone's in on it. Including her!

well of course. and fans of osu will be saying osu would have won by a larger margin had the refs not been favoring minnesota. motivated reasoning.

Don't get me wrong, OSU is a great team. Not trying to take anything away from them with my tin foil hat conspiracy theory. But Lord knows the B1G also doesn't want their main CFP opportunity to be impacted negatively in any way at this point or going forward. So on top of playing a great team in OSU, at their place in Columbus, will we also in some way be playing against the refs on Saturday evening?

This is awesome. Why wait till after the loss to blame it on the refs lets just go ahead and do it now since clearly the fix is in and there is no way the refs will let us beat OSU.

The league is not fixing games, someone would talk, and the people doing it would end up losing their jobs, getting tossed in jail or severely punished in some other way.

This isn't the WWE, the outcome is not scripted out (sorry to those that still think professional wrestling is real). I honestly think there are some posters that think the refs plan out before the game starts how they are going to cheat us out of a victory. They can't accept that just because a mistake is made it doesn't mean there was a malicious/illegal intent behind it.

It's happening!

TinfoilHat.jpg

I'm just wondering....when was the last time the Gophers actually WON a game as a result of a ref crapping on the field?

I can name countless games where we lost because of it, but won?????

I'm just wondering....when was the last time the Gophers actually WON a game as a result of a ref crapping on the field?

A few Iowa fans still think Gray didn't cross the goal line on 4th down in our win over them a few years. But that has more to do with their fan base not understanding the rules.

I am loath to admit but I am full tinfoil hat when it comes to reffing. No matter the league*, I can guess which way the reffing will go by who the league wants to win. Seriously, watch a New York Islanders home game this year. The NHL needs the new Brooklyn arena to take off and the refs know it. No one tells the refs to do this but they get graded after every game and they know what the league wants.

Big ten is no different. I have no doubt the refs would have heard from the league office if Minnesota won and they blew the Leidner flag or the Wolitarsky touchdown. Right or wrong, the league needs a strong Michigan. Unfortunately this means the Gophers will usually get shafted by the referees.

*Not that anyone here cares but the one exception is the Canadian Football League. Absolutely no one anywhere has any idea how the referees will call a game, including the referees.

don't know of many. 1978 homecoming vs Indiana the Gophers got an interception late to seal the win - and had 12 players on the field for the play. Refs missed it

Really hoping we don't follow Penn State fans down the rabbit hole here.

Don't believe in any grand conspiracy, the refs call what they see. But having watched the Gophers since 1970 I can say with without reservation that when playing Ohio State or Michigan when there is a borderline call to be made, very rarely do we get the benefit of the doubt, especially if it is at a key point in the game.

Don't believe in any grand conspiracy, the refs call what they see. But having watched the Gophers since 1970 I can say with without reservation that when playing Ohio State or Michigan when there is a borderline call to be made, very rarely do we get the benefit of the doubt, especially if it is at a key point in the game.
Hate to quote them, but have heard wi and ia fans state the same regarding their michigan and osu games and feeling more often than not close calls will go the way of michigan and osu. We're not the only ones.

Tinfoil hats unite!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Referees may impact a game through simple human error or incompetence, but outside of the NBA ref who admitted being part of a point-shaving racket, I tend to believe that most officials are honestly trying to do a good job.

It just happens that some people do a better job than others. There are good writers and bad writers, good plumbers and bad plumbers, good dentists and bad dentists - and there are good officials and bad officials.

everybody sees the game through their own perspective. I have covered thousands of HS and small college games, and every game features fans who thought the refs were out to "get" their team. If I had a buck for every time I've heard "call it both ways," I would be typing this from my resort home.

Well, OSU is already at an "official" disadvantage considering the cops took the starting QB out of the game. Being forced to start a hot mess (Jones) at QB, it's only fair for the refs to give them a make-up call. :)

How about we actually let the game play out first? I feel like the Gophers are going to see a lot more of Braxton Miller at QB than we'd like to see...

How about we actually let the game play out first? I feel like the Gophers are going to see a lot more of Braxton Miller at QB than we'd like to see...

apparently the sarcasm that is dripping through most of this thread went right over your head......kind of like a weather balloon......gopherweatherguy. ;)

apparently the sarcasm that is dripping through most of this thread went right over your head......kind of like a weather balloon......gopherweatherguy. ;)

Lol, yeah I know it's mostly sarcasm. I also shouldn't post on GH past 11pm.

Need to clear the way for a Michigan appearance in the big championship. I would bet we win this one making the osu Michigan game even more important.

The 2007? Halloween game vs Mich st at tcf we got a few borderline calls to go our way.

Top Bottom