A look ahead at Ruesse's columns after each game this season

diefirma

Reaction score
What Ruesse and his toe sucker fellow travelers will print/say this season after each Gopher game.

Win - UNLV - UNLV is a terrible team. Gophers only won by 30. They should have won by 110.
Win - New Hampshire - Same as above
Win - Western Michigan - A MAC team. They can't be taken seriously. Only won by 21
Win - Syracuse - A win but should have won by 110

4 Non-conference wins means nothing. These were all cream puffs (Ruesse's favorite phrase) and the fact that the Gophers didn't win all of them by more proves the Gopher football program and their fans still suck.

Win - Iowa - A Win but it proves nothing. Ferentz has new D coordinator. For some strange reason Kill has his number. Gophers still suck.

Homecoming

Win - Northwestern - This is a team on the way down. Gophers had an extra week to prepare.
Loss - Wisconsin - This shows Gophers suck. Can't compete against REAL teams. Can only beat cream puffs.
Win - Purdue - Trouble handling all their QB's. Gophers suck.
Loss - Michigan - See, just like the Wisconsin game this shows Gophers can't compete
Win - Illinois - Only won because of new coaches.
Win - Nebraska - For the first time all year the Gophers played an OK game but they got lucky. Nebraska is overrated.
Loss - Michigan State - Loss shows Gophers have reverted to their losing ways. Gophers suck.

Gophers finish 9-3 and go to a New Years bowl game. Ruesse writes Gophers suck. The KFAN afternoon drive time guy, "Dumb Burrito", rips Gophers for not going to Super Bowl. Gopher fans are "rubes", "bandwagon jumpers", and are playing in the "toy" department.

Souhan's columns after each game:

UNLV: Gophers won, but should be embarrassed to have only beaten a team like UNLV by such a small margin.
New Hampshire - MSU: N/A, Souhan is fired for indecent assault upon a non-consenting farm animal the day after the UNLV game.

What Ruesse and his toe sucker fellow travelers will print/say this season after each Gopher game.

Win - UNLV - UNLV is a terrible team. Gophers only won by 30. They should have won by 110.
Win - Western Michigan - A MAC team. They can't be taken seriously. Only won by 21

4 Non-conference wins means nothing. These were all cream puffs (Ruesse's favorite phrase) and the fact that the Gophers didn't win all of them by more proves the Gopher football program and their fans still suck.

Win - Iowa - A Win but it proves nothing. Ferentz has new D coordinator. For some strange reason Kill has his number. Gophers still suck.

Homecoming

Win - Northwestern - This is a team on the way down. Gophers had an extra week to prepare.
Loss - Wisconsin - This shows Gophers suck. Can't compete against REAL teams. Can only beat cream puffs.
Loss - Michigan - See, just like the Wisconsin game this shows Gophers can't compete
Win - Nebraska - For the first time all year the Gophers played an OK game but they got lucky. Nebraska is overrated.
Loss - Michigan State - Loss shows Gophers have reverted to their losing ways. Gophers suck.

Gophers finish 9-3 and go to a New Years bowl game. Ruesse writes Gophers suck. The KFAN afternoon drive time guy, "Dumb Burrito", rips Gophers for not going to Super Bowl. Gopher fans are "rubes", "bandwagon jumpers", and are playing in the "toy" department.

Totally agree. Stories are already written.

Fat Pat ...

Souhan's columns after each game:

UNLV: Gophers won, but should be embarrassed to have only beaten a team like UNLV by such a small margin.
New Hampshire - MSU: N/A, Souhan is fired for indecent assault upon a non-consenting farm animal the day after the UNLV game.

Fat Pat wanted to join in the fun but he couldn't waddle to the farm fast enough!

Anyone ever notice this board seems just a little, tiny bit thin-skinned?

Reusse said he reads Gopherhole - he loves it when he's brought up on here.

I like Reusse. Easily the best sports columnist and radio personalty around here. Just wish he wasn't paired with Phil Mackey, who is a complete hack.

I like Reusse. Easily the best sports columnist and radio personalty around here. Just wish he wasn't paired with Phil Mackey, who is a complete hack.
Best what??? LOL - that's just foolish talk!

I prefer Zulgad, 10 times out of 10.

If Zulgad got rid of Mr. Phun, agreed. He had Chip co-host a week or two a go and it was solid sports talk. They could naturally be funny during interesting conversations while Mr. Phun is stuck in KFAN-snark mode whenever he's there.

Anyone ever notice this board seems just a little, tiny bit thin-skinned?

Yup. At least he offers some coverage however. Poor coverage, but better than the ten minutes a day that KFAN offers.

Yup. At least he offers some coverage however. Poor coverage, but better than the ten minutes a day that KFAN offers.

I have to give 1500 credit for their superior sports knowledge on all the major teams in town. KFAN has idiots like Sludge that is negative, loves the NBA, but doesn't get college basketball and can't break anything basketball related down.

I like Reusse because he is a journalist and works at his craft, not like most of today's sports media slackers who simply morph slightly from various opinions they've read on the internet.
Yes, he criticizes our team, but I'm a diehard and must admit we deserve most of it.

Ruesse criticizes all the teams, yes sometimes more than he needs to. It's not just the Gophers.

He predicts the Gophers to beat UNLV 34-14.

He also said his favorite poster on Gopher Hole was Parski.:rolleyes:

Tweets about this thread:

GopherHole: "A @GopherHole poster alleges @1500ESPN_Reusse #Gophers fball columns are already written for each game, good stuff ow.ly/dkhnM:

Reusse: "Giving me far too much credit for attending Gophers games _ although Strib does want me at home opener, so count on it: @GopherHole"

Reusse: "Zero credit will be given for a Big Ten team beating New Hampshire. @1500ESPN_Reusse @GopherHole"

Go Gophers!!

Homecoming

If you actually have listened to Barreiro this week, he thinks the Gophers will be 4-0 with a fair chance to go to Iowa City and beat the Hawkeyes.

Ruesse criticizes all the teams, yes sometimes more than he needs to. It's not just the Gophers.

He predicts the Gophers to beat UNLV 34-14.

He also said his favorite poster on Gopher Hole was Parski.:rolleyes:

19, coffee out my nostrils all over the floor, damn you!!! :cool02:

The KFAN afternoon drive time guy, "Dumb Burrito", rips Gophers for not going to Super Bowl. Gopher fans are "rubes", "bandwagon jumpers", and are playing in the "toy" department.

Barreiro has been remarkably positive about this year's team. He obviously likes Coach Kill.

In fairness, our out of conference schedule is weak. When we schedule out of conference opponents this bad, we put ourselves in a position where 4-0 is unimpressive and one loss is really embarassing. That said, I think when the B1G season gets going, I think we surprise either Wisco or Michigan this year. I like the 9-3 predictin at the start of the thread. Go Gophs.

9-3?
Young team will make mistakes and miss opportunities. Newer Coach to BT will make mistakes and miss opportunities.

Better be some Bailey's in said coffee or I am going to think someone hacked your account.

coolew01...Straight coffee until 10 a.m. Now is time for pre-game Bloody Mary's until it is time for pre-game nap.

As a big homer, but also a fan of Ruesse, I think it's safe to say:

Ruesse 1

Gopherhole 0

Top Bottom