90s music

I forgot this song existed but rediscovered when it got pushed into my YouTube queue. The Jesus and Mary Chain with Hope Sandoval (Mazzy Star).

Sometimes Always

I forgot this song existed but rediscovered when it got pushed into my YouTube queue. The Jesus and Mary Chain with Hope Sandoval (Mazzy Star).

Sometimes Always

Her awkwardness was so hot.

Deep track on their self-titled album, but the guy that wrote this is a friend of mine.

When I saw them at the Fine Line many moons ago, they closed with this. They asked random people in the front row whether they were going to make it, and most played along with the bit and said no, but one guy was like, "You've ALREADY made it!"

In addition to Soundgarden appearing, Chris Cornell has a solo song on the Singles Soundtrack, one of the best he's ever written IMO. This is a real gem of a performance. Looks like Stone Gossard is in the corner, but I am not positive.

Seasons

Listening to The Current's Top 893 Songs from the 90s, the listeners voted this as #251 about an hour ago. From their debut, WILCO, Box Full of Letters.

Generally if I don't take a shine to a tune I'm almost always ambivalent. This though somehow placed #5 by the Current listeners in their essential 90s songs. I am repulsed.

The Cranberries / Zombie

I still loathe it.

Uber talent X 3.

Lucinda Williams with Emmylou & Neil.

Greenville

Lyle Lovett has a unique distinction in releasing what I consider a Top 10 Favorite album of the 90s (The Road to Ensenada) as well as a small role in my #1 movie of the decade (The Player).

Private Conversation

In addition to Soundgarden appearing, Chris Cornell has a solo song on the Singles Soundtrack, one of the best he's ever written IMO. This is a real gem of a performance. Looks like Stone Gossard is in the corner, but I am not positive.

Seasons

IMO, if one doesn't own the Singles soundtrack, they have no business posting on this thread. Ha!

One of my two or three favorite albums of all time. Definitely going to look into this.

The only way that this statement becomes more blasphemous is if you say that one and two are 'Cyr' and 'Zeitgeist'.
#1. Mellon Collie
#2. Gish
#3. Siamese Dream

But like I said #3 is still a classic. Epic. I like 1979 and Siva more than anything else on SD which highly sways my opinion.

IMO, if one doesn't own the Singles soundtrack, they have no business posting on this thread. Ha!

Much like Godzilla 1997.....the soundtrack is far far better than the movie.

A bunch of art rock music geeks fronted by a goddess vocalist with an incredible stage presence yields Garbage. Only Happy When It Rains.

For any Garbage/Shirley Manson fans, this month on SiriusXM Lithium, she has a weekly DJ co-hosting show with current tour mate Noel Gallagher.

3 episodes so far, each lasts an hour still available On Demand. Good stuff, some conversation and they play a few of their own songs but mostly their contemporaries and influences.

From Garbarge 2.0, When I Grow Up

RIP to Blackie Onassis of Urge Overkill. He could really pound 'em. Play this one LOUD!

Finally got a copy of 'This Perfect World' by Freedy Johnston. Need to listen to the rest of his albums....as I really enjoyed this. Particularly the closing track.

Cantaloop came on the radio. My kids didn't think it was the funkiest thing they'd ever heard like I did the first time I heard it (and still do).

I was not a fan of Sinead O'Connor, the music in general just does not connect with me. I was not a hater though, nor did I really care one way or another her various stances and actions that had significant backlash.

Regardless, with her passing announced yesterday, it is sad to refer to her in the past tense.

There is no denying the vocal talent she had. This one is really poignant and especially powerful now. It was one of many that the Current played yesterday.

The Last Day of Our Acquaintance

Last edited:

I was not a fan of Sinead O'Connor, the music in general just does not connect with me. I was not a hater though, nor did I really care one way or another her various stances and actions that had significant backlash.

Regardless, with her passing announced yesterday, it is sad to refer to her in the past tense.

There no denying the vocal talent she had. This one is really poignant and especially powerful now. It was one of many that the Current played yesterday.

The Last Day of Our Acquaintance

Very sad to see. Given the difficulties of her life it's not terribly surprising she's gone at such a young age.
Not a raging fan myself but always enjoyed hearing her. A lot of folks I know who's taste I trust absolutely maintain that she was one of the greatest live performers they've ever seen.
And yes she said some odd things. But frankly she was right more often than she was wrong and she took back most of the really off things.

Whilst catching up on James Corden episodes on my DVR today, I came across the Smashing Pumpkins promoting their upcoming tour and album. I'm intrigued.

Also, I knew James Iha had reunited with Corgan/Chamberlin for some shows a while back, but had no idea he's been fully in the band since 2018.

Here's the current lineup for the classic song they played on Corden.

Today

Still great ear candy.
The Corden clip has been pulled from YouTube, so now in celebration of the 30th Anniversary today (as called out on The Current a few hours ago) of The Smashing Pumpkins Siamese Dream here's yet another version from Howard Stern's studio.

Today

Last edited:

The Corden clip has been pulled from YouTube, so now in celebration of the 30th Anniversary today (as called out on The Current a few hours ago) of Siamese Dream here's yet another version from Howard Stern's studio.

Today

One of my two or three favorite albums ever.

Happy Birthday to someone who influenced music as much as anyone in the 90s, in multiple roles. Butch Vig was born on Aug 2, 1955.

The handful of times I have seen Garbage live, what amazed me was how they recreated live versions of their songs.

Supervixon

I've always been curious how the Breeders pull this one off live, with a few little intricacies. Wonder no more. Here's Deal X2 from a relatively recent TV performance (2018).

Cannonball

Time warp. I remember stumbling home from the bar (walking distance) to flip Conan on for this song and subsequent playful interview of the Breeders.

Divine Hammer

A bunch of art rock music geeks fronted by a goddess vocalist with an incredible stage presence yields Garbage. Only Happy When It Rains.

Bump and happy anniversary to at least a Top 10 album of the 90s for me. Garbage's self-titled debut was released on this date in 1995. It's as enduring and as endearing for me just as when it was released. I listened to the remastered version twice in the past week.

This article was pushed to me via whatever google algorithm. Preaching to the choir.

Top Bottom