9/24 Commit Updates

RoyalGopher

Reaction score
A look at how all our commits did this past Friday:

- Jordan Hinojosa had his best game of the year. He recorded 3 tackles, including 1.5 for loss, in Coffeyville CC's 38-19 victory over Independence. They're now 3-2.
- Alex Mayes and Van Alstyne HS lost to Lone Star 56-21. The Panthers are now 0-4.
- Jalen Myrick had scores of 65 and 54 yards, and Savannah Christian beat Montgomery County 47-7. A couple quotes from SavannahNow.com, "Jalen Myrick scored two touchdowns and piled up 135 total yards on only three touches...Myrick produced nearly every time he had the ball in his hands against Montgomery County. On the game’s second play, he outran the Eagles for a 65-yard touchdown, and later in the first half he caught a short swing pass from Marini and cut across the field for a 54-yard touchdown."
- Owen Salzwedel had one catch for 24 yards in Beaver Dam's 34-37 loss to Hartford.
- Streveler and Marian Central Catholic are now 5-0 after beating Immaculate Conception 37-7. For the first time, I couldn't find an article summarizing Streveler's game. Marian Central Catholic is ranked #10 in 5A and #20 across the entire state.
- Wayzata didn't play this week. Through 3 games, Wipson has 11 tackles and 0.5 sacks.

thanks for the update. Great to see Myrick playing well as he seems to be our top commit so far. Does anyone know if Streveler plays defense? With Nelson hopefully keeping his redshirt, that would limit the impact he could have during his career. A kid with the type of size and athleticism that Streveler has could make a dynamite safety. What is the mascot for Immaculate Conception? I have an idea of what it could be, but don't want to risk offending people.

Not a banner class so far but I don't recall where things were last year at this time. There are clearly less top-tier in-state players this year. That said other B1G teams are filling out their dance cards. Hopefully the Syracuse game will persuade a bunch to commit to Kill and the Gophers.

I'm curious where they play Salzwedel, I didn't realize that he also plays TE. Given his measurables, and the apparent need at TE, he may just be a better fit for them at TE than DE.

I'm curious where they play Salzwedel, I didn't realize that he also plays TE. Given his measurables, and the apparent need at TE, he may just be a better fit for them at TE than DE.

Salzwedel will end up at DE or DT. We currently have 3 freshmen (Williams, Plsek, Anyanwu) that can play TE.

thanks for the update. Great to see Myrick playing well as he seems to be our top commit so far. Does anyone know if Streveler plays defense? With Nelson hopefully keeping his redshirt, that would limit the impact he could have during his career. A kid with the type of size and athleticism that Streveler has could make a dynamite safety. What is the mascot for Immaculate Conception? I have an idea of what it could be, but don't want to risk offending people.

There was some talk about him potentially playing safety or receiver.

It is from an article when he committed, where he talks about being open to switching positions if he is stuck at the bottom of a depth chart.

Here is the key part of the article:
Coach Ed Brucker said Streveler "could be the best quarterback I have coached with his physical ability. He has the ability to run and pass. His leadership ability is unbelievable. He refuses to lose. He makes everybody else around him better. He is a born leader. He also can play safety, the best we have had."

In fact, Streveler is so big and fast (4.47 speed) and so athletic that Minnesota is toying with the idea of converting him into a safety.

"They are bringing me in as a quarterback. That's what I do best," Streveler said. "But if I'm stuck at the bottom of the depth chart, I would let them move me to safety or receiver. I'll do anything to get on the field.

http://www.csnchicago.com/preps/news/Streveler-leads-Marian-Central?blockID=760451

There was some talk about him potentially playing safety or receiver.

It is from an article when he committed, where he talks about being open to switching positions if he is stuck at the bottom of a depth chart.

Here is the key part of the article:
Coach Ed Brucker said Streveler "could be the best quarterback I have coached with his physical ability. He has the ability to run and pass. His leadership ability is unbelievable. He refuses to lose. He makes everybody else around him better. He is a born leader. He also can play safety, the best we have had."

In fact, Streveler is so big and fast (4.47 speed) and so athletic that Minnesota is toying with the idea of converting him into a safety.

"They are bringing me in as a quarterback. That's what I do best," Streveler said. "But if I'm stuck at the bottom of the depth chart, I would let them move me to safety or receiver. I'll do anything to get on the field.

http://www.csnchicago.com/preps/news/Streveler-leads-Marian-Central?blockID=760451

Agree 100%. He's so fluid & fast as a runner, but his throwing motion is way out of whack. This kid's got stud FS written all over him imo.

Agree 100%. He's so fluid & fast as a runner, but his throwing motion is way out of whack. This kid's got stud FS written all over him imo.

He redid his throwing motion in the off-season and its way better. THis has been said many a time. He's a much better passer this year and is a great fit for our offense. Also this staff isn't afraid to play two QB's. THey did it at NIU when they had Harnish so I don't know why its out of the question they won't do it again.

from watching his video, streveler looks like he pushes the ball rather than throws it. His ball are always way high in the air. He is friggin quick though. Wouldn't be surprised to see him make the switch to a defensive position with that kind of speed.

A look at how all our commits did this past Friday:

- Streveler and Marian Central Catholic are now 5-0 after beating Immaculate Conception 37-7. Marian Central Catholic is ranked #10 in 5A and #20 across the entire state.
/QUOTE] Streveler completed 12 of 21 passes for 153 yards and two touchdowns. The senior QB also ran for a pair of touchdowns. http://www.mchenrycountysports.com/articles/2012/09/22/r_h85xey15tyqdxj3o0gnwnw/index.xml

CurveballJesus, they're called the Knights.

Top Bottom