8,000+.... add Favre to the weekend... realistic?

anticallihan

Reaction score
October 3rd - Wisconsin - Big Ten Opener at TCF
October 5th - Favre lead Vikings vs Packers

How many Wisconsin fans can you fit in this state over the weekend?

Wisconsin

None of them will be staying at my house, that's for damn sure!!
Go Gophers!!

Its only as realistic as there are Gopher fans willing to part with their seats. Corp/broker seats will only get them so far. Actual season ticket holders will have to part ways with their seats for there to be much more then 7-8K red clad fans.

If we are undefeated and ranking in the top 20 (which we would be) then we will keep the red number under 10k. If we are 2-2 or something like that 15,000 isn't out of the question given the way Minnesota sports fans behave.

October 4th - Last game in the dome for the Twins .

This will be the best sports weekend of the year for sure.

Not as many as you might think. There will be less Badger fans here than in previous years. With the Vikings/Packers game, it's hard to say. The game will be of even more interest than a normal Vikings/Packers game, but I think the increase in interest will be even greater among Vikings fans. It might be a bit tougher for Packers fans to come up with a ticket.

I just hope the Farve buzz dies down a bit to that we don't have to share the spotlight for the opener at TCF.

I'm not worried about the Favre buzz, especially after he throws 4-5 picks in his first two games. If that happens, and we (the Gophs) have success at the opening of the season, things will be pretty much the same as usual. Whether that is good or bad, I don't care. All I know is that I'm going to be wearing gold and yelling loud as hell in TCF on October 3rd.

I think the big Wisconsin/Iowa crowds grew at least in part because there is a significant population of Minnesota fans that would rather sell their tickets than deal with all the cheese and bib-overalls. Of course, the more of these tickets that were sold in the secondary market, the more the cycle continued. There will still be plenty of Wisconsin/Iowa fans at TCF but I am hoping that ugly cycle has been broken.

Is this a trick question?

Both Becky and the Fudgepackers are going to get destroyed!!!

Go Gophers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Skol Vikings!!!!!!!!!!!!!

realistically I think that we can expect somewhere around 20K clad in red at TCF Bank Stadium. I hope not...but that is what I am expecting to see. It will be not much different than the bucky fans at the damn dome. Sorry man....let's be real.

There were barely over 20k Badger fans in the Metrodome. We would get 60k for that game, and have an average attendance of 45k. So 15k Badger fans in the Dome bought tickets that were for sale, and 5k would have to go secondary market. There is no way 15k people put their tickets on the open market at TCF.

Right now there are 475 tickets on StubHub for the wisky game... where are the other tickets coming from?

realistically I think that we can expect somewhere around 20K clad in red at TCF Bank Stadium. I hope not...but that is what I am expecting to see. It will be not much different than the bucky fans at the damn dome. Sorry man....let's be real.

Honestly, if there are that many badgers in TCF, I will have lost hope in all of Minnesota outside of this board and GI.com. Tix to our brand new stadium against arguably our biggest rival are probably being sold for sky high prices if people are dumb enough to be selling them off, and we all know 'sconsinites are poor. Also, I find it hard to believe that a many students at the U are badger fans, and student ID's are being checked at entrance, as I understand it.

That would be more or less half of the non-student tickets.

My worry or concern is that the corporate seats will go red. I honestly hope that we can squeeze the cheeseheads out...I will keep my fingers crossed. How much red was there in the student section two years ago in the damned dome?

My worry or concern is that the corporate seats will go red. I honestly hope that we can squeeze the cheeseheads out...I will keep my fingers crossed. How much red was there in the student section two years ago in the damned dome?
Surprisingly very little compared to 2005, especially considering our record that year going into the game (1-10). Over the past 5 years, I've seen less and less Red on campus on a daily basis. Some of that I attribute to the cross-over affect of Tubby generating increased support and putting out good teams.

A rising tide lifts all boats. Pack success revitalized WI football and had a lot of kids from the midwest, here and WI getting all excited about the football scene in WI. That state owes a heck of a lot to Favre. No favre, no national exposure for johnsonsville brats is just one example. It was a weird 15 yrs of football heaven in WI and a lot of the credit goes to #4. Thewhole state got awesome national attention,so much so folks started naming their daughters Madison.

Even if there are 8,000 'sconi's at TCF, they will still be such a smaller percentage of the overall attendance than we're used to dealing with at the dome. I think the demand for the tickets will be extremely high because the wisky's will try to make a long weekend out of having both the badgers and packers on the nice side of the river so close together.

I don't plan on getting anything accomplished around the house that weekend between the Gopher game, Vike's on MNF, the dome finale for the Twin's, and duck opener.

October 4th - Last game in the dome for the Twins .

This will be the best sports weekend of the year for sure.

i also think this is the weekend of the wild's home opener at xcel.

-wild opener

-gophers big ten football opener

-vikings/favre vs. cheese-dicks from the east

-last game at metrodump for the twins.

talk about a crazy ass sports weekend in october!

20K?! please dude! seriously, did you get kicked in the head today?! why don't you go drown yourself in a lake if you have such a negative-ass world view.

whew.....that was a good laugh.....

I don't see this happening

I thought there was an ordinance against any trash coming into the stadium. I will not allow some disease ridden filthy becky fan to sit next to me.
Are there oxygen masks attached to the seats?

Go Gophers!!!!!!!!!!!!!

20K?! please dude! seriously, did you get kicked in the head today?! why don't you go drown yourself in a lake if you have such a negative-ass world view.

whew.....that was a good laugh.....

Hey there wheezer...You should take a look at some of your own posts. Seems to me that if you don't like what someone else has to say on here - you jump all over them and want to chase them off. Real pleasant of ya. Please tell me how it is that stating there will be 20K Badger fans at TCF Stadium is a negative-ass world view. You are f'd up man. GFY.

There aren't enough corpy seats to get the # of Wisky fans up to 20K. They'll have 3K guaranteed with their allotment. I'm betting another 1-2K seats are broker owned. So call that 5K (assuming Gophs fans don't snap any of them up). How many of those 15K remaining can really be corpy seats? Even if its 5K, you're suggesting that 10,000 Gopher season ticket holders will be selling their seats for this game.

And yes, I know some Wisky/Iowa fans are season ticket holders but I would be surprised if that # was higher than maybe 1K.

half of those expected 8k will be spaced out in the last rows of the stadium, so that will also be good. i'm guessing for TV shots (seats closer to the field) you will not be seeing much red at all.

Surprisingly very little compared to 2005, especially considering our record that year going into the game (1-10). Over the past 5 years, I've seen less and less Red on campus on a daily basis. Some of that I attribute to the cross-over affect of Tubby generating increased support and putting out good teams.

That's encouraging. It amazes me the people grew up as a Badger fan, yet choose to come to Minnesota, and think that it is reasonable to remain a Badger fan. It's like they don't even recognize that there is a relationship between the team they cheer for and the college that team represents!

harley-Gopher

Hey there wheezer...You should take a look at some of your own posts. Seems to me that if you don't like what someone else has to say on here - you jump all over them and want to chase them off. Real pleasant of ya. Please tell me how it is that stating there will be 20K Badger fans at TCF Stadium is a negative-ass world view. You are f'd up man. GFY.

What did you do,take a header on your bike? Maybe it was to much juice at the Hell's Angel gig in Duluth a couple of week ago. Someone needs to let the air out of your tires son.

Idea: Let's allow 8,000 Baadger fans into TCF. Every Baadger fan over that 8,000 mark should be shot on site.
Question: Do we put it in their leg or between the eyes?
Problem: People bleed red. Shooting Baadger fans will create even more red in TCF.

It's going to be the same amount of Wisconsin fans in TCF as there were Gopher fans in Camp Randall last year.
I would say 95% of fans go through the ticket office directly to get their traveling seats. Most do not want to pay over ticket cost and most don't want to do the leg work to find any available tickets. That's the fact.
Madison is a very nice road trip that a lot of gopher fans are interested in making, same is said with badger fans coming to the TC.

In the past all a badger fan had to do was call ticketmaster or actually stand in line at the ticket booth 5 minutes before the game to snatch up tickets......no more.

That's encouraging. It amazes me the people grew up as a Badger fan, yet choose to come to Minnesota, and think that it is reasonable to remain a Badger fan. It's like they don't even recognize that there is a relationship between the team they cheer for and the college that team represents!

Wrong.

This all might be a great step for the ESPN/ABC crew coming to MPLS for College Gameday.

Top Bottom