76 Classic: Minnesota vs Portland Game thread

Why Sampson tried to force a virtual no-look pass through three people I'll never know. Next thing you know, we're down by seven again.

OK -- in this game we can't adjust to different defenses...why?

Sampson looks clueless. Williams seems too sheepish. Joseph should start over Nolen. Johnson and Williams need to start slashing more. I have a love/hate relationship with Westbrook. ... a few random thoughts

Must say I've seen more dumb passes by our guys tonight than can be counted.

Negative Nancy here but we don't deserve to win this game and probably won't. Sure hope they prove me wrong, though....

Negative Nancy here but we don't deserve to win this game and probably won't. Sure hope they prove me wrong, though....

Even if by some miracle we do find a way to win this game, I'd still feel like a loss in every way shape and form.

someone tell me why WCCO can not time delay their broadcasts to fit the TV games!!! Can we hit an open 3??????

Please for the love of god and all that is holy, never shoot a jump shot again Al.

Teams who are playing as stupidly as we are on both ends don't deserve to win games like this. And what is most bothersome is that outside of Campbell, I haven't been impressed with Portland at all.

I can honestly say I haven't seen one play by our guys where I said "wow, good job." Rather, every possession both ways has been an exhibition in every mistake a basketball player can make in one way or another.

Why does the announcer keep calling Nolen one of the best defenders in the nation. He is hideous.

Agree with this 100% tonight. Last two possessions he goes for a ball fake and then runs on the guards hip all the way down court instead of hustling and getting in front of him.

I am not a basketball guy, but how can a D1 hoops team be this pathetic from the free throw line - particularly the guards!

The fact that we are still in this game is unbelievable. I don't think we could have played any worse if we tried and we're only down by 6 with under four minutes left? Jeebus!

Hope Tubby is running the old make your free throws or were runnin next week in practice.

Free Throws and Rebounding. One of the simplest skills in the game and something that is all about effort is the reason we're losing.

Two terrible posessions in a row.

Nolen has been killing them on the drive the last three minutes - a 17 footer from DJ, and a 21 footer from Williams? What in the world?

That's it. I'm throwing in the towel, which is probably more accurate than our guys tonight, who couldn't throw it in an ocean. :mad:

Top Bottom