76 Classic: Minnesota vs Portland Game thread

did anyone else stay up last night to watch their UCLA game? Yikes, Portland looks for real......or is UCLA just horrendous? It'll be another tough game IMO. Hopefully, our depth can help us out with some fresh legs.

Exactly. This should be a pretty good game. I stayed up to watch until UCLA was down by 30. I was surprised. With the usual tough MN "D" I think we will pull it out. UCLA really looked bad.

Was Westbrook sick last night? He played one of the worst games I've seen him play.

(Note: I said this about Iverson after the Stephen F Austin game and he rebounded last night. Go LW!)

Hard to get a rythem.

I am interested to see how the officials call the game tonight. The Gophers depth is huge in games with a ton of fouls but so is their lack of free throw shooting. Westbrook played better in the second half of last nights game but tough to get going when the whistle blows every time down the floor. I only watched a few minutes of the start of the UCLA Portland game but I like the Gophers chances if they can play the defense they usually do. Iverson and Sampson could have a big advantage tonight as could the guards if they use the right matchups.

I'm scared of this game. The Gopher defense gives up a lot of open three-point shots and Portland is hitting them at a .535 rate this season.

Exactly, Mikie.

The reason why they give up so many threes is that Tubby loves to double-team the post. Last night it ended up working out since Butler was cold from 3 pt range, but I have a feeling Portland will shoot them better.

I really hope this is the game where Tubby doesn't double team the post. Sikma is nowhere near the post player that Howard is - and with the Defense that Colt and RSIII play there really isn't a need for the double team. They can play him (or whoever else is down there) more than adequately.

Tubby does what he does, though - so I fear that we will see the double teams. Hopefully they can stop the kickout pass to the outside, but this game really scares me with the 3 pt shooting.

It's Son-of-NBA-Center vs Son-of-NBA-Center tonight.

Jack Sikma actually edges Ralph Sampson in career averages (and played a lot longer too).

Jack 15.6 points / 9.8 rebounds in 1107 NBA games.
Ralph 15.4 points / 8.8 rebounds in 456 NBA games.

(Ralph's post-knee-injury stats brought down his averages.)

Count me as another that is a little uneasy about this game tonight; if Portland shoots like they did last night, it could get very interesting...

Let's GO GOPHERS!

Minnesota, hats off to thee,
To thy colors true we shall ever be...
Firm and strong, united are we.
Rah, rah, rah, for Ski-U-Mah,
Rah, rah, rah, rah, rah, rah, rah,
Rah for the U of M.

M--I--N--N--E--S--O--T--A

Minnesota, Minnesota!

Gooooooooooo Gophers

Yea..................

Let's GO GOPHERS!

Minnesota, hats off to thee,
To thy colors true we shall ever be...
Firm and strong, united are we.
Rah, rah, rah, for Ski-U-Mah,
Rah, rah, rah, rah, rah, rah, rah,
Rah for the U of M.

M--I--N--N--E--S--O--T--A

Minnesota, Minnesota!

Gooooooooooo Gophers

Yea..................

Is this some alternate form of the Rouser? :confused::confused:

I'm scared of this game. The Gopher defense gives up a lot of open three-point shots and Portland is hitting them at a .535 rate this season.

I feel good about this game. You could see in the game last night our perimeter guys guarded the three very well (there was a lot of 1:1 down low). I would guess Tubby knew they could beat us with the three - cold shooting was the result of some very solid defense from my perspective. Their front line did OK, but not enough against our bigs. I would expect to see more of the same this evening... Only expect our front line to have even more success.

Go Gophers!

Minnesota Rouser taken from Google. Check it out, boys.

Ok, sorry I had it wrong by a syllable or two. Whatever!

Go Gophers?

Baylor is seriously on my $hit list...they cost us seeing the start of the game last night and are more than likely going to do the same tonight by going into OT

good lord figure it out....this will cost us another 4-5 minutes of the gophers game...pending double OT

Fing baylor, you are dead to me

4 TO's left!

apparently it is a higher percentage shot to take a layup than a 38 footer...thank you for the insight sir.

Top Bottom