6 years later, are we still pleased with the uniform redesign?

The color of the numbers not matching the color of the color still bugs me otherwise I don’t mind them

There's been an atrocious lack of the maroon helmet, gold jersey, maroon pants combo for my liking, but other than that it's seemed fine by me.

There's been an atrocious lack of the maroon helmet, gold jersey, maroon pants combo for my liking, but other than that it's seemed fine by me.

according to my stats, the M-G-M combo has been worn 3 times in the Fleck era - which covers 84 games.

the team is named the Golden Gophers, but whoever makes the uniform decisions does not seem to like gold for some reason.

since I have the stats - here they are (out of 84 games)

Helmet:
Maroon - 41
Chrome - 19
Gold - 12
White - 10
Black - 2

Jersey:
White - 37
Maroon - 34
Black - 5
Gold - 4
Anthracite - 4

Pants:
Maroon - 46
Gold - 16
White - 12
Black - 5
Anthracite - 5

the Gophers have won 25 different combinations in 84 games. the most common:
All Maroon - 16
Chrome-White-Maroon - 9
Maroon-White-Maroon - 8
Chrome-Maroon-Maroon - 6
Maroon-Maroon-Gold - 5
Gold-White-Gold - 5
All White - 5

Take this uniform with PJ's chrome helmets and we have the best ever.
460958784.jpg

according to my stats, the M-G-M combo has been worn 3 times in the Fleck era - which covers 84 games.

the team is named the Golden Gophers, but whoever makes the uniform decisions does not seem to like gold for some reason.

Helmet:
Maroon - 41
Chrome - 19
Gold - 12
White - 10
Black - 2

Jersey:
White - 37
Maroon - 34
Black - 5
Gold - 4
Anthracite - 4

Pants:
Maroon - 46
Gold - 16
White - 12
Black - 5
Anthracite - 5

All Maroon - 16
Chrome-White-Maroon - 9
Maroon-White-Maroon - 8
Chrome-Maroon-Maroon - 6
Maroon-Maroon-Gold - 5
Gold-White-Gold - 5
All White - 5
Thanks SON. As I've said many times, information like this, is why I love GopherHole! We have members with a wealth of knowledge and history. I'm just along for the ride. Go Gophers!

get rid of the Black helmet and pause the chrome one, I would like to see the Gold helmets back and more gold pants,

Chrome Goldy / white / maroon (the big away game combo) is the best combo in the history of the program
Chrome Goldy / maroon / maroon is also very good

I would like to see less black and anthracite and more chrome gold. I would like to see a uniform with numbers that match the chrome gold helmets, to be worn with that lid.

I also haven't been a fan of the gigantic Ms the last couple years.

Please just get rid of the X-Large M's on the helmets. It always looks like the equipment crew screwed up and ordered the decals 3 sizes too big!!

Dang.....I really like the jumbo block M. But then again.....I think the Gophers have had the best selection of helmets in college football over the past three or four years.

Still not a fan, the white numbers and collars just don't do it for me. Plus, the maroon many times looks almost purple. Mason's era uniforms were pretty good but I think the Kill era looked the best from recent teams -

I'm a huge fan of the chrome helmets but those matte helmets back during the Kill era were chef's kiss
I like everything about those uni's, but I love the chrome domes more than the matte. Plus.....no oars, black or white.

Maroon and Gold. Don't mind the White. Just please dont go full banana....

Please just get rid of the X-Large M's on the helmets. It always looks like the equipment crew screwed up and ordered the decals 3 sizes too big!!
I like the bigger M. They used helmets in practice with an even larger, skewed M that I love but I don't remember seeing in a game. Give me the Fleck helmets (use the gold-not-chrime more) with Kill or Mason unis.

The uniforms are OK. Could definitely be worse. But the reliance on all maroon gets dreary. The infatuation with mono color in college and pros is killing uniforms. Jerseys and pants the same color is almost never the best look.

We need to incorporate more gold. The gold pants at NW this year looked great. I definitely prefer both the Mason and Kill uniforms to these overall. Although those white pants from the Kill era pictured above, especially with gold jerseys, was about the worst idea of them all.

Still not a fan, the white numbers and collars just don't do it for me. Plus, the maroon many times looks almost purple. Mason's era uniforms were pretty good but I think the Kill era looked the best from recent teams -
This has been the case for ages, during the Kill years too. In the sun, there's a red tint. At night, almost eggplant

1000039794.jpg

The white collars on the maroon jerseys is a ridiculous look. The maroon also looks more eggplant, at least on TV. The color could be warmed up a bit. I like that unis aren't otherwise busy, like the Brewster era jerseys and pants.

Helmet:
Maroon - 41
Chrome - 19
Gold - 12
White - 10
Black - 2

Jersey:
White - 37
Maroon - 34
Black - 5
Gold - 4
Anthracite - 4

Pants:
Maroon - 46
Gold - 16
White - 12
Black - 5
Anthracite - 5

All Maroon - 16
Chrome-White-Maroon - 9
Maroon-White-Maroon - 8
Chrome-Maroon-Maroon - 6
Maroon-Maroon-Gold - 5
Gold-White-Gold - 5
All White - 5
We lost every game we’ve worn black or anthracite; I don’t care what the scores read!

Top Bottom