54 people ejected, 16 arrested during Badgers game, UW police say

GopherLady

Reaction score
https://madison.com/news/local/crim...db42d927.html#tracking-source=home-the-latest

Police said 16 tickets were given to people ejected: 11 for underage alcohol, four for possession of alcohol in the stadium, one for disposing of human waste.

I know this is very well known every Badgers game, but honest question - do the Gophers report this stuff? If so, I can't imagine we have these many issues as I've rarely seen many. I do think it's partially because they don't have alcohol in their stadium. People go SO hard to drink before (plus sneaking stuff in) that it hits you and you're wasted. Vs. just keeping a normal buzz. Just my theory.

https://madison.com/news/local/crim...db42d927.html#tracking-source=home-the-latest

Police said 16 tickets were given to people ejected: 11 for underage alcohol, four for possession of alcohol in the stadium, one for disposing of human waste.

I know this is very well known every Badgers game, but honest question - do the Gophers report this stuff? If so, I can't imagine we have these many issues as I've rarely seen many. I do think it's partially because they don't have alcohol in their stadium. People go SO hard to drink before (plus sneaking stuff in) that it hits you and you're wasted. Vs. just keeping a normal buzz. Just my theory.
Big drinking culture difference too. I know plenty of people drink at and before our games but it's just not at the level they do in Madison. Just tons of people stumbling drunk. It's just what they do there.

Big drinking culture difference too. I know plenty of people drink at and before our games but it's just not at the level they do in Madison. Just tons of people stumping drunk. It's just what they do there.
There’s a “rural bad drinking / drinking to not feel feels” thing that’s on another level in rural areas that I noticed when I moved to the city.

Not to say people not drunk in the city but the really bad drinking isn’t as noticeable.

Once at a Gopher game some Wisconsin kids sat next to me. One guy had too much and was crying to his buddies about how his dad just never likes anything he does.

I felt bad for all of them….

There’s a “rural bad drinking / drinking to not feel feels” thing that’s on another level in rural areas that I noticed when I moved to the city.

Not to say people not drunk in the city but the really bad drinking isn’t as noticeable.

Once at a Gopher game some Wisconsin kids sat next to me. One guy had too much and was crying to his buddies about how his dad just never likes anything he does.

Dang, I’m a little bummed out reading this

The most drunk/yet still somehow conscious person I've ever witnessed was a young Wisconsin fan at the Metrodome.........before an 11 a.m. kick. I felt really badly for him. He looked like wrestler Kerry Von Erich when he wrestled Rick Martell completely gorked. If not familiar, look it up on YouTube.

File it under the "weird sense of pride" category. Only 11 under age drinking there tells me the UW police must have been understaffed at the game.

Joked before that selling beer at Memorial Stadium for Huskers will actually lessen the number of drunks at the game.

We were in Lincoln and the stands around us were littered with the one-ounce liquor bottles with an occassional vomit spot too.

Really not an issue at TCF-Huntington I'm pleased to say.

Have you been to Madison on game day? I've never seen anything like it in regards to drinking.
Walk through the student section after a Gophs game. How they get some of those bottles in amazes me.

Joked before that selling beer at Memorial Stadium for Huskers will actually lessen the number of drunks at the game.

We were in Lincoln and the stands around us were littered with the one-ounce liquor bottles with an occassional vomit spot too.

Huskers in recent years.

Need that stuff.

I've seen empty plastic liter bottles of booze in the student section after games. Crazy they get those in...

Having witnesses drunk skunk fans it’s the level of intoxication and the increased numbers of hammered fans that give them a well deserved drunkest fans award. I absolutely believe the school could reduce the problem if they ejected and took this problem seriously.

Have you been to Madison on game day? I've never seen anything like it in regards to drinking.
Multiple times but not in over 20 years. It’s crazy. Never seen anything like it way worse than Vikings games

You sat next to Brian Ferentz?

Honestly surprised there wasn't more. Was at the game and saw soft Wisconsin fans get security multiple times called on gopher fans in our section. Major buzz kill that there's no alcohol in the stadium.

Top Bottom