5⭐️Qb transfer

GopherFanatic19

Reaction score
With Ohio state having a surplus of 5⭐️ QBs, along with them sitting CJ now. how long until a couple of them transfer and would PJ take one

After Day called out Boyd's teammate this week in that he has a lot to learn, I could see him on the move soon. There are going to be guys available every year. I don't see Fleck taking one as he seems to have a good system that kids are buying into at the QB position.

2 years and no.
Not to pick nits but the only 5* quarterbacks they have are the two true freshman. I would assume that Kyle McCord would transfer next year because I think Quinn Ewers takes the job this year a la Tua, or is the starter next year. Would be hard for a 5* to be the same class as the starter and decide to stay.

Lastly, if Kyle McCord wanted to transfer here next year I would imagine Fleck would take him. His job is to out recruit the players here.

After Day called out Boyd's teammate this week in that he has a lot to learn, I could see him on the move soon. There are going to be guys available every year. I don't see Fleck taking one as he seems to have a good system that kids are buying into at the QB position.
He should be a senior in HS this year and didn't get a full fall camp with tOSU. The only reason he is there now is to make money. I feel quite confident that he doesn't transfer soon.

If there was a 12 team playoff, all the 5stars wouldn't pile up on 4 or 5 teams, they'd be spread out. Why anyone in the B1G other than OSU favors staying with a 4 team or even an 8 team playoff is beyond me. Why would Gopher fans not want 12? The whole PAC should want 12. The B12 should want 12. Youre not screwing the G5, you are screwing yourself.

The only conference that should vote for staying with 4 would be the SEC. But the B1G/ACC/PAC alliance is supposedly pushing against the 12 . . . very stupid of them, locking the Gophers out for all practicality.

If there was a 12 team playoff, all the 5stars wouldn't pile up on 4 or 5 teams, they'd be spread out. Why anyone in the B1G other than OSU favors staying with a 4 team or even an 8 team playoff is beyond me. Why would Gopher fans not want 12? The whole PAC should want 12. The B12 should want 12. Youre not screwing the G5, you are screwing yourself.

The only conference that should vote for staying with 4 would be the SEC. But the B1G/ACC/PAC alliance is supposedly pushing against the 12 . . . very stupid of them, locking the Gophers out for all practicality.
The only conference that currently wants a 12 is the SEC -- why do you think that is?

Last edited:

Who’s Boyd? What is this all about, I missed it?

Who’s Boyd? What is this all about, I missed it?
Boyd is the WR for the Gophers that played with the freshmen QB from Texas, that is at tOSU. Nothing to report as I was simply making the connection from our WR to tOSU freshmen QB in reference to 5* QB's potentially transferring after the season.

Gonna go ahead and disagree
10-2 still wouldn’t have made a playoff because of name recognition in 2019

the big ten should vote against any expansion that doesn’t have objective criteria. Otherwise it’s a glorified beauty contest

What you say is true if there are objective criteria for qualifying

Just ask Wally Pipp. But that doesn’t mean they sat Stroud for this game. Like saying the Gophers benched Mo
Difference there is that Stroud only has 3 games under his belt, 1 loss and 2 less than dominant victories. Not his fault but nothing that is going to endear him to the fanbase who has out of this world expectations.

So if the starter this week throws a bunch of TDs and leads the team to a blowout win, there will be tons of fans pushing for him to remain the starter moving forward. Tough to say how Day will handle it but I am sure he is hearing lots of griping about Ohio State's start to the season.

Difference there is that Stroud only has 3 games under his belt, 1 loss and 2 less than dominant victories. Not his fault but nothing that is going to endear him to the fanbase who has out of this world expectations.

So if the starter this week throws a bunch of TDs and leads the team to a blowout win, there will be tons of fans pushing for him to remain the starter moving forward. Tough to say how Day will handle it but I am sure he is hearing lots of griping about Ohio State's start to the season.
Sure. But if day let’s message board posters and radio hosts determine his starter he will fail at tOSU

12 teams is a ridiculous number for the simple reason that it gives the perceived best four teams a bye, which is huge in football because it gives those teams an extra week to heal, rest, study and practice. If you want 12 games, then go to 16. I think the only reason 16 isn’t being discussed is it would wreak havoc on the bowl games.

I still think at this point in time it should be 8 from the P5 conferences, unless a G5 team really is a top 8 team, but no guarantees for the G5. They can have their own playoff if they want, or stay in the bowl games.

If the playoffs go to 16, then there is enough room for the G5, not that they would ever make it to even the semi-final games.

Sure. But if day let’s message board posters and radio hosts determine his starter he will fail at tOSU
Pressure isn't just going to be from fans it will be from administration as well. There is an extremely high standard for success there and anything short of that isn't going to be tolerated for long. The Gophers gave them a battle in game 1, they lost game 2 albeit to a very good Oregon team, and they struggled to put away a MAC opponent in week 3. That is not the kind of start that Ohio State has become accustomed to over the last 10-15 years or so.

Day is going to be feeling the pressure to right the ship and if another QB steps in and looks like he can do it better than Stroud there won't be any loyalty there to the guy who started the season at QB the way there probably would be at a lot of other places that aren't in the small group of true National Championship contenders.

Again, Stroud hasn't been their problem but it isn't a slam dunk he gets the job back if someone else does well in his absence.

Why would Gopher fans not want 12?
Without some very specific guardrails in-place controlling the selection process, it would likely devolve into a system that just rewards teams with watered-down schedules (or that play in weak conferences).

That list is very large. But it includes:
- 3 or 4 team/ conference cap
- minimum of 3 or 4 wins over P5 opponents to be considered at all
- minimum of 10 or 11 P5 wins to get a bye or host a first round game.

Pressure isn't just going to be from fans it will be from administration as well. There is an extremely high standard for success there and anything short of that isn't going to be tolerated for long. The Gophers gave them a battle in game 1, they lost game 2 albeit to a very good Oregon team, and they struggled to put away a MAC opponent in week 3. That is not the kind of start that Ohio State has become accustomed to over the last 10-15 years or so.

Day is going to be feeling the pressure to right the ship and if another QB steps in and looks like he can do it better than Stroud there won't be any loyalty there to the guy who started the season at QB the way there probably would be at a lot of other places that aren't in the small group of true National Championship contenders.

Again, Stroud hasn't been their problem but it isn't a slam dunk he gets the job back if someone else does well in his absence.
You’re overthinking it. They aren’t pressuring a coach who has performed as well or better than any coach in their history. If he was a middling coach, sure. But he isn’t. I think the wheels could come off over there but he still has Ewers who runs like Vick, throws like Marino, has longevity like Brady, thinks like Manning and is as strong as most lineman (I have no idea, I’m making this stuff up about him)

Another team that thinks the QB is their problem.

My guess is Day will be fired before PJF takes a transfer QB.

Another team that thinks the QB is their problem.

My guess is Day will be fired before PJF takes a transfer QB.
For the sake of argument you're saying that Fleck wouldn't take Justin Fields or someone of his ilk?

Edit: If yes Id hope Fleck would be fired if he wouldn't have taken Fields

For the sake of argument you're saying that Fleck wouldn't take Justin Fields or someone of his ilk?

Edit: If yes Id hope Fleck would be fired if he wouldn't have taken Fields
I believe that Scott Frost wouldn’t take Joe Burrows when Burrows transferred from tOSU.

Boyd is the WR for the Gophers that played with the freshmen QB from Texas, that is at tOSU. Nothing to report as I was simply making the connection from our WR to tOSU freshmen QB in reference to 5* QB's potentially transferring after the season.
Thanks

Top Bottom