4 more wins

KyGopherfan

Reaction score
We're limping toward the end of the season, but I think 4 more wins and that should put us in....barely. Keep in mind the committee does take injuries into consideration, especially with the "possibility" that Nolen could suit up in the tournament. That's gotta count for something. But I think we need to cobble together 4 more wins to reach the 20 win mark. We have some strong non-conference wins. It would be hard for the committee to keep us out.

So where to the 4 wins come from? We got Iowa. We play PSU twice....Northwestern and Michigan we beat before. Michigan State still is a tough one. I think we can do.

We're limping toward the end of the season, but I think 4 more wins and that should put us in....barely. Keep in mind the committee does take injuries into consideration, especially with the "possibility" that Nolen could suit up in the tournament. That's gotta count for something. But I think we need to cobble together 4 more wins to reach the 20 win mark. We have some strong non-conference wins. It would be hard for the committee to keep us out.

So where to the 4 wins come from? We got Iowa. We play PSU twice....Northwestern and Michigan we beat before. Michigan State still is a tough one. I think we can do.

We need to win the 3 home games, and take one either from at PSU at NU, or at Iowa. We have a low chance at getting any more than 1 of them, especially considering the away reffing.

Need 22 W minimum on March 13th to get NCAA invite. 20 W is not enough.

9+1

in the BTT gets use in because of our early success ( N. Carolina, WVU). Would be more comfortable about the tourney win if Nolan was back. That seems a big " if " at this juncture.

You're wrong. You're just wrong. 22 wins minimum? 20 wins get us in. 21 wins gets us in comfortably.

sorry to break it to you but this squad isn't even getting to 19 wins.

sorry to break it to you but this squad isn't even getting to 19 wins.

I like the OP's positivity, but I tend to agree that this team doesn't look like making it to 20 wins. On the other hand, that doesn't change what I was arguing. If we do get to 20 wins, we're probably in. If we get to 21, we're a lock. Saying that we need 22 wins minimum is crazy.

You're wrong. You're just wrong. 22 wins minimum? 20 wins get us in. 21 wins gets us in comfortably.

9-9 (20 wins) is almost certainly enough. But I think it's 50/50 at best if they can get there. And frankly, even if they do, I don't see them winning a game unless Al is back by then.

9-9 (20 wins) is almost certainly enough. But I think it's 50/50 at best if they can get there. And frankly, even if they do, I don't see them winning a game unless Al is back by then.

9-9, IMO, needs one win at least in the BTT. 9-9 means a first round game (no bye) against a bottom team in the conference. Adding a loss to one of those is not what the resume would need after finishing 9-9. I'd think 21 Wins on March 13th is enough to get in. 22 would make them an absolute lock. Hopefully it happens.

9-9, IMO, needs one win at least in the BTT. 9-9 means a first round game (no bye) against a bottom team in the conference. Adding a loss to one of those is not what the resume would need after finishing 9-9. I'd think 21 Wins on March 13th is enough to get in. 22 would make them an absolute lock. Hopefully it happens.

Possibly. The bubble is very weak and there's little difference between teams 8-11 in the Big 10 right now, so I don't think losing a 6/11 or 7/10 game would be the disaster it might be otherwise.

4 more wins and this team is pretty much a lock barring some major surprises in the conference tourneys. This is a weak bubble even if it was still a field of 65.

Gophers were Bubble Team last year. Things broke OK so the Gophers got into NCAA.

Won't happen this year.

Things broke about as badly as the could have last year.

If this team finishes 5-1 and then loses in the first round of the BTT tourney you think they are out?
They'd be ranked in the top 20.

The day Nolen went down I gave up hope of winning the Big-10 or beating Purdue/OSO/Illinois, so I'm not flipping out about our losing streak. The season goal now should be to beat the weak teams, back into the tourney with a healthy Nolen & make a run. With Nolen back at 100% we're a Sweet 16 team imo.

But who really are the "weak teams" in the B10 right now? While Indiana and Iowa have the worst records, they are both playing decent right now. Except for Ohio State, the rest of the B10 is relatively well-balanced, which should make the B10 tourney exciting.

We need to win the 3 home games, and take one either from at PSU at NU, or at Iowa. We have a low chance at getting any more than 1 of them, especially considering the away reffing.

Agreed. Need to sweep at home and win one road game. Would be nice to win 5 of 6 remaining games, but let's just win the next one first.

Top Bottom