4-8 tell me I’m wrong (Indiana)

3/3 so far.
Upset special this week.

Western Kentucky beats Indiana
Indiana is WAY better than you think. Indiana crushes them by 4 TD's even without a healthy Penix. They should have beaten #8 Cincinnati last week and they will be pretty pissed off!!

Indiana is WAY better than you think. Indiana crushes them by 4 TD's even without a healthy Penix. They should have beaten #8 Cincinnati last week and they will be pretty pissed off!!
We will see. You can easily make money this week as it’s only a 9 point spread

western Kentucky is one of the games I thought they’d win at the beginning of the year. I do think they might pull the upset this week.

We will see. You can easily make money this week as it’s only a 9 point spread

western Kentucky is one of the games I thought they’d win at the beginning of the year. I do think they might pull the upset this week.
I will be watching this one with you in mind -- if they pull it off - you get major props!!

They'll of course beat WKU.

@Penn St and home vs Mich St, will be the test to see if this season is in the crapper or if they have life left.

Well I was clearly wrong about Michigan State, they’ve been a surprise.
looks like everyone was, no one expect maybe MI state coaches and homer fans thought they'd be

Same

Miami might be bad though. So I’m still wait and see another week or two on them.
well, I'm not sure they're a top 25 team, but I don't think many thought Mi state would even be average

There is a ton of parity in the B1G this year. I think any of 6 teams could win the B1G and I don't think Indiana is one of them. I would take the field over Ohio State this year.

Penn State
Iowa
Ohio State
Michigan
Wisconsin
Minnesota

Even knowing what we do now, I think they beat Michigan State at home, and also beat Purdue. Still think they make .500 or better even with a murder schedule.

There is a ton of parity in the B1G this year. I think any of 6 teams could win the B1G and I don't think Indiana is one of them. I would take the field over Ohio State this year.

Penn State
Iowa
Ohio State
Michigan
Wisconsin
Minnesota
Is your list in order?
If so I would myself change it to:
Iowa
Ohio State
Penn State
Michigan | Minnesota | Wisconsin

And I know OSU hasn't looked great, but if they figure things out they will be back to their old ways.

Is your list in order?
If so I would myself change it to:
Iowa
Ohio State
Penn State
Michigan | Minnesota | Wisconsin

And I know OSU hasn't looked great, but if they figure things out they will be back to their old ways.
agreed

well, I'm not sure they're a top 25 team, but I don't think many thought Mi state would even be average
Michigan State may still be average.

They have beaten what appears to be a weak Northwestern team, a FCS team, and what looks like an overrated Miami squad.

Clearly better than last year, but the losses could start piling up for them in a deep Big Ten East. They do have an easy crossover draw - NW, Nebraska, Purdue

Miami FL is nothing. MSU has a lot of Big Ten losses still waiting for them on the table.

Might still get the cover but Indiana will reach 2 wins tonight

I predict either Purdue or Indiana will go 4-8. It will all come down to the Spit Bucket game.

As the game approaches I think I might be wrong and Indiana could win this game: they really need it: Michigan state riding high but im not sure they’re actually a top 15 kind of team. I think this is Indiana’s week to turn it around (if they’re going to). I stick by my 4-8 but if I’m wrong I’ll start to be wrong this week

As the game approaches I think I might be wrong and Indiana could win this game: they really need it: Michigan state riding high but im not sure they’re actually a top 15 kind of team. I think this is Indiana’s week to turn it around (if they’re going to). I stick by my 4-8 but if I’m wrong I’ll start to be wrong this week
I was right originally and wrong this week RIP Indiana 2-4

Ohio state
Maryland
Michigan
Rutgers
Minnesota
Purdue

Alternatively:
@ Iowa - loss
Idaho - win
Cincinnati -win
@ W Kentucky - win
@ Penn State - loss
Michigan State - win
OSU - loss
@ Maryland - win
@ Michigan - win
Rutgers - win
Minnesota - win
@ Purdue - win

9-3 is equally, if not a little more reasonable in my opinion. Personally, I see 7-5 as most likely (two losses out of Cinncy/Michigan/Minnesota).
Here we are in mid October and your more reasonable prediction is already impossible

The Cincy and Mich St games were both close. Shoulda, woulda, coulda.

For them to get to 4 this week is a must win

For them to get to 4 this week is a must win
Their schedule to this point in the season has been brutal. They have yet to lose to a bad team but there is a very good chance this is a tired and beaten down team by the time we face them late in the season.

Their schedule to this point in the season has been brutal. They have yet to lose to a bad team but there is a very good chance this is a tired and beaten down team by the time we face them late in the season.
That’s what I’m hoping. Historically Minnesota 2-8 in last 10 trips to Bloomington. Granted none of the players were born for some of those games.

I hope it isn’t a game that is a must win for MN
I hope Indiana has 7+ losses already going in.

without penix playing well Indiana is a bad team. So I’m hoping it doesn’t matter

If we want to be champions, we simply have to beat teams like Northwestern, Illinois and Indiana.

The Purdue, Nebraska and Maryland games were all steps in the right direction.

If we want to be champions, we simply have to beat teams like Northwestern, Illinois and Indiana.

The Purdue, Nebraska and Maryland games were all steps in the right direction.
Yeah. The big deal in 2019 people think was 2-2 against top 20 teams.

but the actual reason 2019 was a great season was 9-0 against non top 20 teams.

right now we are 0-1 against top 20 teams.
We are 5-1 against non top 20 teams.

If we can go 8-1 against non top 20 teams this year we are 9-3 at worst. 2nd in the west at worst. Top 5 season in the last 50 years of gopher history.

the thing that separates Iowa and wisconsin isn’t that they always beat Ohio state. It’s that they rarely lose to bad teams.

If IU follows exactly SG's prediction ... except they rally at the end of the year and beat rival Purdue

= SG was wrong.

So let's go for that.

Last edited:

Top Bottom