Michigan state - loss
Ohio state - loss
@ Maryland - win
@ Michigan - loss
Rutgers - win
Minnesota - loss
@ purdue - loss

I don’t see how they lose to MSU.
MSU is the team I feel I know the least about in the conference.

I just have a hard time ever picking them to not win at least 4-6 games.

They very well could turn into big ten east door may someday though

In my haste I thought this was the counter post to the 10-2 post. I had a melt down. I am drinking a beer now to clear my head.

@ Iowa - loss
Idaho - win
Cincinnati - loss
@ western Kentucky - win
@ penn state - loss
Michigan state - loss
Ohio state - lossAle
@ Maryland - win
@ Michigan - loss
Rutgers - win
Minnesota - loss
@ purdue - loss
Alternatively:
@ Iowa - loss
Idaho - win
Cincinnati -win
@ W Kentucky - win
@ Penn State - loss
Michigan State - win
OSU - loss
@ Maryland - win
@ Michigan - win
Rutgers - win
Minnesota - win
@ Purdue - win

9-3 is equally, if not a little more reasonable in my opinion. Personally, I see 7-5 as most likely (two losses out of Cinncy/Michigan/Minnesota).

Alternatively:
@ Iowa - loss
Idaho - win
Cincinnati -win
@ W Kentucky - win
@ Penn State - loss
Michigan State - win
OSU - loss
@ Maryland - win
@ Michigan - win
Rutgers - win
Minnesota - win
@ Purdue - win

9-3 is equally, if not a little more reasonable in my opinion. Personally, I see 7-5 as most likely (two losses out of Cinncy/Michigan/Minnesota).
If you think indiana is winning 9 games you know more about their roster than I do. They don’t have the guns

MSU is the team I feel I know the least about in the conference.

I just have a hard time ever picking them to not win at least 4-6 games.

They very well could turn into big ten east door may someday though
Might be the worst offense in the conference.

You can come up with all sorts of predictions with at least 7-8 teams of the conference if not more. You never know what the breaks are, who will shine, and all the other variables.

They could lose to Rutgers and Maryland too
funny-smile.gif

The AAC.
You don’t get free wins like Rutgers in the AAC.

they definitely could beat cinci. I don’t think they will.
Cinci is a very good G5 program. Lost Peach Bowl to Georgia on a long field goal as the game ended. Fickell is a great HC.

Indiana has lost some great receivers, but has a great one returning: Ty Fryvogle. Michael Penix, one of the most talented QBs around, should be 100% to open the season, so Indiana, with some big plays, could beat Iowa and/or Cincinnati in early games. Both would be close or toss-ups, I believe. If his three-year history holds, Penix will be injured and out by the Penn State game. I don't see Indiana losing to Michigan State (unless all the transfers have gelled) or Purdue, even if Penix is out. Indiana's no. 2, Tuttle (like Annexstad) is very capable. I'm at 7-5 ... or 8-4.

Indiana also brought in 3-4 big time talented transfers. I think they will be a tough out.

While I think Indiana is better than 4-8, the Gophers need to crush them and keep them in the rearview into perpetuity. We can never let this puny basketball school rise up in football to edge ahead of us!
Never!!!

Cinci is a very good G5 program. Lost Peach Bowl to Georgia on a long field goal as the game ended. Fickell is a great HC.
Yep, he's the guy I'd go all in on if I were a blue blood program, even more than Campbell (who I also like).

Yep, he's the guy I'd go all in on if I were a blue blood program, even more than Campbell (who I also like).
He's an Ohio native through and through. Just feel he stays with Bearcats if/until OSU job opens up. His oldest son also committed to Cinci.

He's an Ohio native through and through. Just feel he stays with Bearcats if/until OSU job opens up. His oldest son also committed to Cinci.

I think it'll be a long time until OSU opens up unless Day has NFL aspirations, plus they already gave Fickell a shot and decided he wasn't the long term solution at that time. I wonder if Michigan will make a hard run at him when they inevitably fire Harbaugh?

I think it'll be a long time until OSU opens up unless Day has NFL aspirations, plus they already gave Fickell a shot and decided he wasn't the long term solution at that time. I wonder if Michigan will make a hard run at him when they inevitably fire Harbaugh?
2011 was a unique situation with the sanctions/suspensions. They still managed to beat beat two ranked teams. I can't see him going to Mich...way too many ties to state of Ohio and OSU. Just takes another scandal for Day's seat to get hot or worse. I would bet they would go after Fickell hard.

@ Iowa - loss
Idaho - win
Cincinnati - loss
@ western Kentucky - win
@ penn state - loss
Michigan state - loss
Ohio state - loss
@ Maryland - win
@ Michigan - loss
Rutgers - win
Minnesota - loss
@ purdue - loss
3/3 so far.
Upset special this week.

Western Kentucky beats Indiana

2011 was a unique situation with the sanctions/suspensions. They still managed to beat beat two ranked teams. I can't see him going to Mich...way too many ties to state of Ohio and OSU. Just takes another scandal for Day's seat to get hot or worse. I would bet they would go after Fickell hard.
Very old thread acknowledged -- Fickell has never lived outside of the state of Ohio -- I could easily see him being a lifer at Cincy or taking OSU -- not many other options to keep that streak alive.

Last edited:

Very old thread acknowledged -- Fickell has never lived outside of the state of Michigan -- I could easily see him being a lifer at Cincy or taking OSU -- not many other options to keep that streak alive.
I mean the best Michigan coach post world war 2 was an Ohio guy

Well I was clearly wrong about Michigan State, they’ve been a surprise.

Top Bottom