2nd in the JV division

It's not a random thread at all to bump. I am completely breaking my arm patting myself on the back and totally admit it.

I think you're right about the money not being substantially different. I would be lying if I said I understood the financials. It seems more about territory accumulation then actually working the revenue in/shared.

Also, this was where I first recall you brining up the 3-unbeaten (which I while a still correctly thought money would trump it), you did open my eyes as to how messy it can be, especially supersized.

I also agree about the adjusting of goals to the Playoff birth rather than Conference Championship. Getting a Bye as a result of winning it would be nice, but more important to just get in.

In an 18 team (or larger) Big 10 will a Top 4 or 5 finish be enough to get in? No idea.
I think a 11 win team is a lock
10 win probably 70-30 in depending on year
9 win probably 90-10 out depending on year

I think a 11 win team is a lock
10 win probably 70-30 in depending on year
9 win probably 90-10 out depending on year
That seems reasonable, assuming 12 game schedules remain the norm.

Also correct, win-loss record is what matters (along with strength of schedule etc) much more that what place one finishes in the conference. Just like with March Madness.

That seems reasonable, assuming 12 game schedules remain the norm.

Also correct, win-loss record is what matters (along with strength of schedule etc) much more that what place one finishes in the conference. Just like with March Madness.
I’m sure there is an exception to that. But you aren’t going to get a schedule that 11-1 gets left out.
You aren’t going to get a schedule so good 8-4 gets in.

So 10-2 and 9-3 are the swing records.

2022 the lowest ranked 10 win P5 team was 12 at the end of the regular season. Last year a 10 win team was close to a lock but conference champs outside the top 12 bounce 1-2 teams in the top 12 out.
Highest ranked 9 win team was 13th, lowest ranked was 18th

I hope playoff stays at 12 or 9-3 would nearly be a lock which would be strange

I’m sure there is an exception to that. But you aren’t going to get a schedule that 11-1 gets left out.
You aren’t going to get a schedule so good 8-4 gets in.

So 10-2 and 9-3 are the swing records.

2022 the lowest ranked 10 win P5 team was 12 at the end of the regular season. Last year a 10 win team was close to a lock but conference champs outside the top 12 bounce 1-2 teams in the top 12 out.
Highest ranked 9 win team was 13th, lowest ranked was 18th

I hope playoff stays at 12 or 9-3 would nearly be a lock which would be strange
Yes, 9-3 in our current world does not feel deserving. Maybe it will change if the big boys schedules adjust and nobody plays 1-AA, Sun Belt, MAC etc teams anymore.

Additionally, while most of what I was stating back when this thread was started in 2022 came to fruition, I wish 100% it was your viewpoints that would have won out.

I completely fear it's a "Pyrrhic" victory, especially as a Gophers fan.

Top Bottom