25 Reasons Why ESPN's College Game Day Should Select Minnesota!!!

I really hope GameDay takes notice, if nothing else, Gopher fans should get some recognition just for the creativity!

also the game to be at baylor is the week after when they run the table and Bust the BCS

my favorite is the herbstreit wears "jorts" one!

I'm convinced! Very nicely done. A solid, and varied, list. Lots to offer!

I guess we aren't mad when the national media talks about how cold it is here anymore, since we use that as marketing now.

not gonna lie. 5 made me laugh out loud in the middle of class. GH staff or someone else, please submit a link to college gameday so that they see this!

I guess we aren't mad when the national media talks about how cold it is here anymore, since we use that as marketing now.

Embrace it. It's definitely one of the factors that comes into play. No reason to hide from it this time of year.

Go Gophers!!

I thank you for your kind words on my "Kirk Herbstreit wears jorts" contribution (my Twitter handle is @KurtASees if you want verification). My son and I try to spot the "Jorts" references whenever we watch Game Day and I thought no Gopher list was complete without one.

I also have a list of other contributions I didn't submit, but have them prepared should Oklahoma State want to get into a friendly war of words in the pursuit of College Game Day. Here are five to get started, should they be needed:

Reasons for College Game Day to come to Minnesota…instead of Oklahoma State.

* Mike Gundy listens to Nickelback. Art Briles does, too, but denies it publicly.
* Minnesota is the headquarters for DQ, General Mills, 3M & B-Dubs…you’re welcome! Oklahoma...ummm… Hobby Lobby?
* Our bowl history may not be as spectacular, but remember Oklahoma State helped lose the biggest one…the Dust Bowl!
* Even Oklahoma’s most famous resident, Kevin Durant, has to come to Minnesota to find love.
* Yes, we realize Barry Sanders is a former Cowboy, but we’ll counter with one Bronko Nagurski and call it a push!

There are potential for many others (Eric Decker-v-Dez Bryant, Arrowhead-v-Panhandle, etc.), and I'll leave it up to the creative genius of other Gopherholers to add to this list, if they so choose.

Top Bottom