24/7 Recruiting Ranks

When PJF was hired here, he did have only about a month to recruit to MN. But he was not a coach pulled out of nowhere, he was recruiting players to WMU. All of the recruits he was able to bring here outside of those from MN, where guys he was going after to attend WMU. Really not a hard sell to get them to flip from WMU to MN and those who flipped to MN from other P5 programs, he had been recruiting them, but they wanted to go to a "better" school than WMU and now that Fleck is at MN, they wanted to follow him. He did a nice job with this class. I am excited to see where he takes the program. But lets not get carried away with the talk of him coming in and changing the recruiting ranking so much, because we will never know how Claeys would have finished out the class.

Spare me Bob. You mean the real world where our recruiting class was ranked 70th nationally and dead last in the Big Ten? You mean the real world where we suffered an embarrassing sex scandal under Claeys' watch? Because that's the real world I live in. Maybe you should try it.

Rivals has the class tied for 54th with three other programs. Gophs average recruit rating is the lowest in that group, so if you wanted to be technical, the Gophs class is probably 57th.

Oh, and those programs I listed that were sitting right below Gophs yesterday...guess where they are now?

Rivals has the class tied for 54th with three other programs. Gophs average recruit rating is the lowest in that group, so if you wanted to be technical, the Gophs class is probably 57th.

Oh, and those programs I listed that were sitting right below Gophs yesterday...guess where they are now?

T35 on scout

Like I said, this year isn't completely Fleck's class. Last year wasn't completely Claeys. We'll never have a true Claeys class to compare Fleck to. I don't recall many out of state coupes by Claeys though.

You cant possibly judge Flecks recruiting based on one month. Give him next years class and then make your decisions about him.

Actually 37th, but who's counting. Also only one showing us with 2 4-star recruits. 24/7 has Gophs currently ranked 57...11 spots lower than 2016.

Fleck even recruited Freshmen Dtackles. A novel concept when you play in the big ten. And a QB that can throw.

Actually 37th, but who's counting. Also only one showing us with 2 4-star recruits. 24/7 has Gophs currently ranked 57...11 spots lower than 2016.

I said we jumped roughly 20 spots since Fleck's hire. Now that the smoke has cleared you come back and say we only jumped 15-17 spots, and you think you're making a point? Stupid doesn't even begin to describe your post.

I said we jumped roughly 20 spots since Fleck's hire. Now that the smoke has cleared you come back and say we only jumped 15-17 spots, and you think you're making a point? Stupid doesn't even begin to describe your post.

As much of a point as any others. It's actually 13 spots, which would have been expected.

Too funny. Means nothing coming from you. Literally.

Guys who committed before Kill "retired" and saw the field in 2016: Coughlin, Barber, Martin, Calhoun, Johnson
Guys who committed after Kill "retired" and saw the field in 2016: Jackson, Devers, Durr, Wright, Winfield, McCrary

"Most of the best," you say? And this is of course not taking into account that the before portion was literally years in the making and the after portion consisted of approximately 3 months leading up to signing day.

Claeys had a class of, what, 13-15 guys when he was fired, and we now have a class of 27 (pending whatever shakes out with certain guys), and you're surprised that the rankings jumped 15-20 spots? Really? Classes are judged on both quantity and quality. It would've been an enormous red flag if a class twice the size of its previous iteration didn't jump at least 15-20 spots.

You are spot on!!! Its a numbers game, if you sign a huge number to your class, you get rated higher just by the large number of recruits. You could have a small class of say 15 recruits who are all rated 3 or 4 stars, and statistically you will be possible be rated lower than a large class of recruits at another school if they signed say 25 kids. In addition, most people rant and rave about skill players more than lineman. For example, QB's, RB's, WR's, DB's etc. They usually make more of an impact earlier than big DL and OL players. Look at Whisky this year, they are ranked right ahead of the gophers at number 11 in the B10. I think their class is only 16-18 players. I bet their star rankings per player is better than the gophers average but their class size is smaller.

I see the Gophs ranked 32, 38, 42, 44, 54 and 56. They range from 7 to 12 in the Big Ten. All in all, a pretty good recruiting haul for the Goofs and PJ.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom