2024 Recruiting

Lana Mccarthy is kind of interesting. She doesn't make any top prospects lists. She is a 6' 4" post player. Video shows her shooting 3's.

I am guessing she would and be down the depth chart at first. Long term she seems like a Coach P type player.

2024 5'7 Guard from Florida

Some headlines and articles posted about her. Video shows her shooting 3. Is a guard. Cannot find her ranked anywhere.

I am guessing she's a shooter.

Watching some videos, looks like she would bring some much-needed quickness to the Gophers, and ability to get to the hoop. At 5-7 and with her apparent ball-handling ability and quickness, would guess that she would play point at the next level.

Nice article about our latest commit.

Including Thursday night’s non-conference home loss to Watertown, Johnson has scored 1,228 career points, reaching the 1,000-point career mark in the season opener at Shoreland Lutheran on Nov. 17 by pouring in 36. Through 10 games this season, she’s averaging 26.4 points per game, which ranks among the top 10 in the entire state, according to WisSports.net.

Not that I know anything, but I like her. Eats and sleeps basketball!

Purdue women's basketball added to its already promising 2024 recruiting class today, as New Hampshire forward Lana McCarthy announced her commitment to the Boilermakers via Twitter. McCarthy chose Purdue over offers from Minnesota, West Virginia, Providence, and others.

The Bedford High School product was offered on May 22nd and set her official visit for just a month later, where she committed while on campus.

Jada Eads recently visited and we are in her Final 4.

Here's another newspaper highlight about her.

She's listed as a point guard at several websites. She's also a scorer, it appears.

Jada Eads's game has been attracting attention for years.

Jada Eads of Lady Saints Academy leads her team to another victory over Bishop Moore High School girls basketball club with 27pts 4 3pt 7st 4reb.

Basketball Highlights of Top Girl Hoopers: Zia Cooke, Hailey Van Lith, Jada Eads, & More

1688493051082.png

Minnesota Commit McKenna Johnson is a shooting guard from Wilmot H.S., Wisconsin.​

Mckenna Johnson 2024 34 pts, 13 reb, 7 ast, 4 stl

--

During her junior season last winter, Johnson earned Wisconsin all-state honors, first-team all-Southern Lakes Conference, first-team Kenosha News All-County, and countless other awards for her superior performance.

McKenna earned first team all-county honors for the Kenosha News her freshman and sophomore seasons....

Johnson averaged a remarkable 26 points, 10 rebounds and 2 assists as a junior at Wilmot, and her points per game tied Indian Trail junior Adrianna Gonzalez for the most points in Kenosha County.

--

Allie Ziebell & McKenna Johnson were a tough duo for Wisconsin Flight in the win at EYBL Session 2!

1688493417651.png

Attachments

• 1688492982289.png
    1688492982289.png
    598.6 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

Jada Eads was nominated for Miss Basketball Florida last season.

It looks like her "stock value" this season isn't as high as high earlier expectations. At one time she was called the best 5th grader in Florida and so forth.

I think Minnesota would be good for her reaching her potential and vice versus.

Jada Eads

Last edited:

Looks like she chose a starting role with more playing time at Seton Hall over the better Minnesota program. She would have been a nice signing.
Seton Hall is a much better program than Minnesota. They had a NET ranking in the top 60 last year. Hopefully Coach P can get this program moving in the right direction, but to say Minnesota is better than Seton Hall is nonsense.

Seton Hall is a much better program than Minnesota. They had a NET ranking in the top 60 last year. Hopefully Coach P can get this program moving in the right direction, but to say Minnesota is better than Seton Hall is nonsense.

Sophomore Amaya Battle is Minnesota's starting point guard for the foreseeable future. Eads would have come in when Battle is a junior and then there is competition for playing time behind Battle.

Seton Hall is better than Minnesota the last few years but not the bigger view. Seton Hall went 19-15 last season and won in the first round of the WNIT. I would hope Minnesota is clearly a better prpgram than that from a Big Ten franchise view.

With combination of the Coach P coaching team philosophy/approach and the team talent, including Coach P's top-100 recruit Grace Grocholski coming in this season. Minnesota will bounce back.

Mara Braun. <--------

Top Bottom