2024 Bowl Projections Tracker

I had to look up the FIrst Responder’s Bowl since I’m seeing so many projections. It used to be called Heart of Dallas bowl and was affiliated with the B1G. It’s now played at SMU and will be held on 1/3/25. B1G affiliation went away before the most recent contract a last year Texas St. beat Rice.
I like that one, as it fits my Christmas schedule better for attending.

I was actually happy to be in the Detroilet bowl in 2018 when the Gophers barely snuck into a bowl. Other than that the two times the Gophers got pushed there with sub-.500 records, or the prospect of it now, it is the only bowl I wish the U would just decline.

Other than the COVID year, I don't think B10 Teams have the option of declining an invite to an affiliated Bowl. Otherwise, I could sure see if Michigan,say, dropped to the Dteroit Bowl, they would just say nahhh.

I liked the game in the phoenix area. Crappy field, but the game was fun to attend and beating West Virginia pretty easily.......

I absolutely do not want to see the Gophers - or any team for that matter - play another bowl game in a baseball stadium on a frozen or temporary field. it's just not a quality setting and often results in a lesser performance - or a higher risk of injury.

if it was my choice between Detroit and "Slip-and-Slide" field in Phoenix, I'll take Detroit.

then again - as of today, there are 16 teams (out of 18) in the B1G with records of 3-3 or better. so there's a good chance the B1G could have a dozen teams or more qualify for Bowl games.

as I understand it, the former PAC-12 teams are eligible for the former PAC-12 bowl tie-ins. that puts more games potentially in the mix.

i guess that assumes there is a boca raton after hurricane season
As if Atlantic Florida still got hurricanes!

Gulf Coast gets them all now. More hurricanes (5) in the last 24 months than the entire 71 prior years in a 400 mile stretch from Apalachicola to Ft Myers. More majors in that stretch in 24 months than the entire FL Atlantic Coast for the last 73 years.

Gulf Coast gets them all now. More hurricanes (5) in the last 24 months than the entire 71 prior years in a 400 mile stretch from Apalachicola to Ft Myers. More majors in that stretch in 24 months than the entire FL Atlantic Coast for the last 73 years.
This feels like tempting fate just typing it…

This feels like tempting fate just typing it…
What are the fates going to do, send me more hurricanes? I already have them all.

It's a good thing there's no more Beef O' Brady Bowl / MagicJack Bowl / BitPay Bowl at the Trop anymore, or it wouldn't be happening.

The entire gulf coastline has seen more than it's share the last 10 years. It just seems like C America and the Yucatan Peninsula are where more of the big storms are originating than the W African coast.

Top Bottom