2023 Turkey of the Year Award Thread

If we lose to Wisc and miss a bowl game, it should be Fleck.

Don't know that it will

If we lose to Wisc and miss a bowl game, it should be Fleck.

Don't know that it will
Saturday's game will definitely have Zero impact on the 2023 ToY, as it will be played more than 48 hours after the award is bestowed.

Not unprecedented, but there are also very few repeat winners. Fleck got it in 2018. A few days later he ended the decade plus losing streak to the Badgers.

There is only 1 repeat winner and fleck will not be the second this year.

I am going with traditional football. How the PAC 12 and Bigten used to be the giant football conferences that you could not wait to play the other team in the rose bowl. Now it’s all gone as the PAC 12 folds this year even though they have the best football conference in the country. All this is being done for nothing but money.

Reusse also shared on the Monday Night Sports Talk podcast that he is going to sign a 2 year extension with the Strib starting in 2024. 3 columns/week.

PAC “folds” in its current form but conf itself is not folding.

In that case, TOY should be StarTrib.

Nice! That aside, Reusse still generates interest and readers. Doubt that it's mostly from people that love him. Just people that agree with what he hates or want to see "what he's gonna say now".

Much like Fleck, Kill and Reusse himself on GopherHole. None of them are very popular on here. They generate far more "hatred" than love but they sure as hell generate interest. Just try and get the people who run Gopherhole to limit threads on them to only one or two per subject, because people don't like them or what they say or do.

Yeah, not gonna happen not just because it's a Gopher Board, but because they generate interest.

I'm too conservative and old fashioned for these times, because when I disagree with someone I don't demand that they should be fired or banned.

I just quit listening or watching them.

Fleck seems too obvious. Not sure he’d go after Johnson.
Agreed. He'll get ripped but not win. He might give it to Ben figuring it's his last chance, even though he likes him. He's ripped him pretty good for the pathetic non-conference scheduling.

Reusse also shared on the Monday Night Sports Talk podcast that he is going to sign a 2 year extension with the Strib starting in 2024. 3 columns/week.
He's gone from "I'm retiring after the Ryder cup" like 6 years ago to going out Sid style.

He's gone from "I'm retiring after the Ryder cup" like 6 years ago to going out Sid style.
He did joke with Sooch that he is now at the age that he started to jab Sid for sticking around.

Also pretty funny was the discussion about his "raise". $25/week. Essentially his Diet Coke budget.

They won't go after the obvious - Johnson.

I think it'll be Fleck.

The demise of the starting pitcher in MLB, what with managers hoping to get five innings from their starters, when they’re not going with a one-inning opener. A baseball traditionalist like Reusse must long for the days of starters going nine innings.

The demise of the starting pitcher in MLB, what with managers hoping to get five innings from their starters, when they’re not going with a one-inning opener. A baseball traditionalist like Reusse must long for the days of starters going nine innings.
I do as well. Watching 6 relievers is not cool.

I do as well. Watching 6 relievers is not cool.

Tim Kurkjian shared this factoid yesterday on the Tony Kornheiser Show:

Blake Snell now has 2 Cy Youngs (1 in each League). He has Zero Complete Games. Zip.

More Cy Youngs than CGs. Wow.

As do any true fans

Pretty sure he said it was the fans of the Wild that were the turkeys for continuing to pack the arena?

Top Bottom