2023 Schedule out Tomorrow

No schedules have been posted past 2023 for Conference Play. Crazy the people that can make up websites and fake news these days. They do play Alabama in 2024.
That's what happens when a guy named "Live in the now" tries to live in the future.

Last edited:

Thank you. I've been curious why people are reacting in shock. We knew we were playing those 3 crossover games several years ago.
Probably because of the hope that the Gophers were getting reprieve from having to play both Michigan and Ohio St.

It stands to reason though that since the Gophers played neither in 2021, they were going to get 1 for sure, with a solid chance to get both.

Wish we had this to be honest 🤷🏻‍♂️

Week 1 - @Notre Dame
Week 2 - @Clemson
Week 3 - @Texas
Week 4 - Purdue
Week 5 - Nebraska
Week 6 - @tOSU
Week 7 - BYE
Week 8 - PSU
Week 9 - @Michigan
Week 10 - Iowa
Week 11 - MSU
Week 12 - @Wisconsin

Wish we had this to be honest 🤷🏻‍♂️

Week 1 - @Notre Dame
Week 2 - @Clemson
Week 3 - @Texas
Week 4 - Purdue
Week 5 - Nebraska
Week 6 - @tOSU
Week 7 - BYE
Week 8 - PSU
Week 9 - @Michigan
Week 10 - Iowa
Week 11 - MSU
Week 12 - @Wisconsin
We know, So you could laugh at the Gophers for going 2-10 and continue trolling this board.

I did some digging in my college buddy group-chat. I knew I had screenshotted the previous version of the schedule somewhere. The opponents and the locations are the exact same as they were before. The only change is the order of some games. No one can complain.
Do we know if they changed the teams on anyone's schedule? It's a tough slate, but as you say, it's what we have been expecting.

Do we know if they changed the teams on anyone's schedule? It's a tough slate, but as you say, it's what we have been expecting.
Per the Athletic, there were no match up changes from the original 2023 schedule. There were 6 location adjustments.

Other notes I found interesting:

- There will be 2 Black Friday games. Another yet to be determined matchup will be joining Iowa @ Nebraska game. 1 game will be on CBS, the other on NBC.

- Gophers drew the toughest cross over schedule.

- In 2022 Illinois was originally supposed to play at Penn St, but it was switched to at Indiana, in a swap with Northwestern. This was done because the Illini had faced the Nits 3 seasons in a row and had not been in Bloomington since 2013.

What seemed like a break did not work to Illinois' advantage though, as the Hoosiers are their only Big 10 Loss currently.

If this was the year the stars were aligned then we would’ve had a better team.
We wouldn’t have lost the top wideout on a one wideout roster
We would have a better OL and DL

If the stars were aligned a touchdown doesn’t bounce off a chest for an int

To me the stars being aligned includes the football field
The fault Dear Caesar lies not in the stars, but in ourselves.

If this was the year the stars were aligned then we would’ve had a better team.
We wouldn’t have lost the top wideout on a one wideout roster
We would have a better OL and DL

If the stars were aligned a touchdown doesn’t bounce off a chest for an int

To me the stars being aligned includes the football field

The more appropriate idiom in my opinion was "the table was set" instead of the "the stars were aligned".

Unfortunately, just setting the table is not indicative of how the meal will turn out.

No schedules have been posted past 2023 for Conference Play. Crazy the people that can make up websites and fake news these days. They do play Alabama in 2024.
That got me I guess. Looked totally legit. I think they play Alabama in 25 also. Hopefully Sabin retires and they aren’t as good. Last time they hung pretty well for 3 quarters and then the inevitable took over.

Folks have been begging for a tall QB with a rocket launcher arm who can run well.

In 2023, the Gophers will have exactly that.

How can we lose? At worst, we'll see a lot of deep throws.

Last edited:

2023 Minnesota Golden Gopher Football Schedule (home games in bold)
Aug. 31 – Nebraska - W 31-20
Sept. 9 – Eastern Michigan - W 31-10

Sept. 16 – at North Carolina - W 24-17
Sept. 23 – at Northwestern - W 28-10
Sept. 30 – Louisiana - W 33-17
Oct. 7 – Michigan - W -21-20

Oct. 21 – at Iowa - W 17-10
Oct. 28 – Michigan State - W 27-17
Nov. 4 – Illinois W 24-14

Nov. 11 – at Purdue W 24-9
Nov. 18 – at Ohio State - L 31-28
Nov. 25 – Wisconsin - W 24-14

11-1 seems reasonable and a CFP birth.

I fear they might be right- if Fleck has another down year that seat is going to be warming up. It isn't warm for me yet, but ask me that this time next year and I might start to fidget. Still rowin, baby!
Agree. It depends on who we’d be replacing him with. If it’s guys similar to Randy Edsall or Ken Niumatalolo types that were being brought up during the last change, I’ll just ride it out with P.J. awhile longer.

We know Urban Meyer isn’t coming here, and probably a Matt Ruhle type will be out of reach.

Hopefully CrAB is back and we definitely need to hit the transfer portal for WR’s. We should be a more attractive destination with Mo leaving and Athan’s arm reputation. Hopefully KC will modify his offensive scheme with next year’s roster.

Agree. It depends on who we’d be replacing him with. If it’s guys similar to Randy Edsall or Ken Niumatalolo types that were being brought up during the last change, I’ll just ride it out with P.J. awhile longer.

We know Urban Meyer isn’t coming here, and probably a Matt Ruhle type will be out of reach.

Hopefully CrAB is back and we definitely need to hit the transfer portal for WR’s. We should be a more attractive destination with Mo leaving and Athan’s arm reputation. Hopefully KC will modify his offensive scheme with next year’s roster.
Don’t know why you’d want Matt ruhle when ruhle has similar results to PJ in a smaller sample size at an easier place to win.

USC and UCLA should stay where they are - and the East-West divisions should stay as they are. PJ has to start recruiting people who can make a difference - portal, normal way, anyway. We just don't have the troops to win in the West.

There is a chance we could start 5-0 and miss a bowl game.

Top Bottom