2023 College Basketball Transfer Portal Watch Thread

Henley left, after playing a lot, because he wasn't promised something? Oh my.
Not that hard to follow He wasn’t happy with his playing time this year - he sat for a number of games. For next year, he wanted to be the lead guard and playing time. There was no promise given. That’s why he left.

There was parts of the season he was benched and that's what I think pushed his decision to leave
Henley left for what he and his AAU coach thought was a better program .Everyone knows he would have gotten major minutes here. Maybe he disliked the coaching staff or maybe being pushed or losing? He’s lucky he didn’t have any competition for playing time here. Be a nice wake-up call if he actually has to earn his minutes.

Not that hard to follow He wasn’t happy with his playing time this year - he sat for a number of games. For next year, he wanted to be the lead guard and playing time. There was no promise given. That’s why he left
Henley left for what he and his AAU coach thought was a better program .Everyone knows he would have gotten major minutes here. Maybe he disliked the coaching staff or maybe being pushed or losing? He’s lucky he didn’t have any competition for playing time here. Be a nice wake-up call if he actually has to earn his minutes.
maybe he left for the same reason Battle, Cooper and TT did. Coaching staff.

I think Henley left because of our pace of play....he wants to run.
I'm thankful for Jack Wilson...he signed a bit over two weeks ago.
Without his addition we'd only have the one month anniversary addition of Mitchell to celebrate as a Gopher.

Last edited:

This is where we are after losing Brown and Pride.
I am intrigued by Burden of Kennesaw....
Watched him against Xavier and he has a pretty good feel for the game. Nate Calmese out of Lamar averaged 17 points a game and shot 37% from distance. Hopefully we can get either one of those 2 or both

Just an update of folks we reached out to (or I read somewhere that we had an interest in them) and folks with a Minnesota connection:

1. Ethan Roberts committed to Drake
2. Jace Carter committed to Texas A&M
3. Camren Hunter committed to Butler
4. Greg Dolan committed to Loyola]
5. Javon Small committed to Oklahoma St.
6. Ishmael Leggett committed to Pittsburgh
7. Rodrick Payne decided not to transfer (we didn't offer)
8. Clarence Davis decided not to transfer (we didn't offer)

Last edited:

9. Denver Jones committed to Auburn
10. Latrell Wrightsell committed to Alabama
11. DJ Davis committed to Butler
12. Charles Pride committed to Bonaventure
13. Sean Bairstow committed to VCU
14. Darius Brown II committed to Utah St.
15. Posh Alexander committed to Butler
16. Le'Tre Darthart committed to Oklahoma
17. Caleb Grill committed to Missouri

Which leaves 13 on the board out of 52...and we got 2 commits.

Last edited:

I believe the portal “deadline” to enter is may 11. So my guess is we don’t see any more activity from Ben “contacting” anyone (lol) until after that.

I believe the portal “deadline” to enter is may 11. So my guess is we don’t see any more activity from Ben “contacting” anyone (lol) until after that.
first time transfers deadline is may 11, no waiver needed to transfer

grad transfers can enter any time

those entering after may 11 who aren't grad transfers will need a waiver to play immediately

Last edited:

Just an update of folks we reached out to (or I read somewhere that we had an interest in them) and folks with a Minnesota connection:
1. Ques Glover committed to Kansas
2. Ethan Roberts committed to Drake
3. Jace Carter committed to Texas A&M
4. Camren Hunter committed to Butler
5. Greg Dolan committed to Loyola]
6. Javon Small committed to Oklahoma St.
7. Ishmael Leggett committed to Pittsburgh
8. Rodrick Payne decided not to transfer (we didn't offer)
9. Clarence Davis decided not to transfer (we didn't offer)
I think your #1 is incorrect.

10. Latrell Wrightsell committed to Alabama
11. DJ Davis committed to Butler
12. Charles Pride committed to Bonaventure
13. Sean Bairstow committed to VCU
14. Darius Brown II committed to Utah St.
15. Posh Alexander committed to Butler
16. Le'Tre Darthart committed to Oklahoma
17. Caleb Grill committed to Missouri
18. Denver Jones committed to Auburn

Which leaves 12 on the board out of 52...and we got 2 commits.
2. And one was a football player who scored 4 points last year. Sure glad we gave Ben another year to see if he could hit a HR in the portal.

You are correct. He has not committed. Thank you for catching that.
With the transfer get of Arterio Morris from Texas I believe KU is done with that position. Hunter Dickinson would be the next big get.

forgot to mention, May 11 is the student athlete filing deadline. compliance officers have 48 hours after that - so we should know of all entrants on May 13

Man, does it really take you until May 11 to figure out you want to be at another school this coming summer, from the end of the season?

I guess all kinds of different situations and scenarios.

Man, does it really take you until May 11 to figure out you want to be at another school this coming summer, from the end of the season?

I guess all kinds of different situations and scenarios.
Some of that might be grad transfer related. Need to finish the degree before going to the portal?

Some of that might be grad transfer related. Need to finish the degree before going to the portal?
I wouldn't think that is explicitly true. I would think entering portal just signals your interest in transferring out, starting the next semester. But, I could easily be wrong

Top Bottom