2023 College Basketball Transfer Portal Watch Thread

Don’t see much chance any of the better or even any of the average portal guys come here. We couldn’t even keep a player like Henley here and he would not have been in a single Big Ten teams rotation this past season. The better players have twenty, thirty schools reach out to them. I’m normally am optimistic but this program is wearing me down,

Don’t see much chance any of the better or even any of the average portal guys come here. We couldn’t even keep a player like Henley here and he would not have been in a single Big Ten teams rotation this past season. The better players have twenty, thirty schools reach out to them. I’m normally am optimistic but this program is wearing me down,
You didn’t hear about Henley’s other offers until the news broke he committed so he may have had 20 or 30 reach out but wasn’t interested

Good target. He's from South Bend so Notre Dame definitely would have the edge if he wants to stay close to home.

I wouldn't call either of these recently announced guards "safety" targets so Ben probably should make some contacts with those as well.

Cooper and Samuels aren't even in the same stratosphere of transfer commits. Cooper was I believe 2nd in the nation in assists when he committed here and was one of the best players on his team, he was also pursued heavily by others schools. Samuels, was, well, none of those things. He was a role player on a mid-major who didn't have a ton of options.
Taurus is well spoken!

Good target. He's from South Bend so Notre Dame definitely would have the edge if he wants to stay close to home.

I wouldn't call either of these recently announced guards "safety" targets so Ben probably should make some contacts with those as well.
Kid is chiseled.

Yes, more Taurus Samuels types please.

Yes, more Taurus Samuels types please.
Nick Honor is fatter than Taurus- I remember our interest in him but I hadn't seen him play until yesterday- good player but ...a little on the portly side.

For those putting any priority on a backup center, understand that any center in the portal that's any good will not be transferring to a school like MN to be a backup, especially when the starter is a sophomore. Centers that aren't any good are a possibility, though.

I'm not interested in your viewpoint so peddle your miserable bullshit somewhere else.
LOL.

You know what's truly miserable? Telling us we shouldn't expect Johnson to get any of the guys anyone else wants, and should be contacting "safety" options.

So, i guess, when Johnsom wins 4 B1G games year, you can bray about how he "doubled his conferencs W's and 'deserves' another year."

LOL.

You know what's truly miserable? Telling us we shouldn't expect Johnson to get any of the guys anyone else wants, and should be contacting "safety" options.

So, i guess, when Johnsom wins 4 B1G games year, you can bray about how he "doubled his conferencs W's and 'deserves' another year."
Do you have a breakdown of all the targets on that list?
Or a ranking for them?
If yes, please let us know what methodology you used.
I’m here to learn🤓 from a sensei😃

They should only be looking for serviceable guards and a backup center.
Yes, I realize that, thank you.

My point to the Other Poster, was to illuminate who those targets are specifically; rather than make a generic wise azz quip of more, “Taurus Samuels.”

Silly me, I find information more informative than Monday Morning QBing.

Who can remember when we got our transfer portal commitments from the last two years? I know I need patience, but trying to figure out how much.

Who can remember when we got our transfer portal commitments from the last two years? I know I need patience, but trying to figure out how much.
Taurus was May 9, Cooper was April 20, Garcia was April 18.

The earliest transfer in the Johnson era with Battle on March 29. Majority have been in mid-April.

Yes, I realize that, thank you.

My point to the Other Poster, was to illuminate who those targets are specifically; rather than make a generic wise azz quip of more, “Taurus Samuels.”

Silly me, I find information more informative than Monday Morning QBing.
Shouldn't your issue be with the poster who says Johnson should be going after "safety" targets?

Who are these safety targets, specifically?

And BTW, why are we akready giving up on the targets named here??

This is the equivalent of a cold intro email if you’re in a sales job. Tell me when they get on campus or sign. Otherwise they should be contacting every guard in the portal who has a pulse.
It seems like they have been.

After reading that list of people CBJ has “contacted.” Taran Armstrong sticks out. When I was watching the Gophers play CBU and this Armstrong kid was putting in a clinic I said to myself “Ben Johnson better write his name down and if he enters the portal, he’s gotta go after him hard.”

Hopefully it happens. He’s only a Sophomore, and seems like he’s got plenty of room for growth.

Plus he needs like 3 more guards

Top Bottom