2023 College Basketball Transfer Portal Watch Thread

Andrew Rohde from St. Thomas hit the portal. Isn't he their top player?
True but Roland is a credible poster with real information especially in the high school world and has never been a troll. He he gets the benefit of the doubt.
Sorry my intention was not to be misleading. I thought the announcement would come out earlier

Poorly kept secret. Will he announce in less than or more than 48 hours? Or is the $$$ going to sway him.
Actually incorrect it was going to be two years and gone but it sounds like NIL may have sped things up..

Not reading through this whole thread but is there any noise that anyone is interested in the gophers?

Not reading through this whole thread but is there any noise that anyone is interested in the gophers?
As previously stated, no one has expressly shown interest in Minnesota, but it’s still early. Going off the timeline from last season, it could be a month before we see our first commitment.

With all the talk of backup centers, and without trying to stray too far off topic, isn’t Parker Fox supposed to get minutes in the post next season? Or are we at the point where we expect almost nothing from him, or assume he will never fully get over his injuries and actually get on the floor?

As previously stated, no one has expressly shown interest in Minnesota, but it’s still early. Going off the timeline from last season, it could be a month before we see our first commitment.

Yes, there really are very few transfer commitments so far. Of the 682 players listed in the portal now, I've counted only 39 commitments. Some are to D2 schools. I count only 7 transfers taken by schools in the Top 6 conferences.

With all the talk of backup centers, and without trying to stray too far off topic, isn’t Parker Fox supposed to get minutes in the post next season? Or are we at the point where we expect almost nothing from him, or assume he will never fully get over his injuries and actually get on the floor?

Good questions. Who knows? The only thing we've heard about Ihnen and him is that they were the top locker room presences. One thing is for sure: Johnson damn well better structure the summer practices in a way that neither one of them is hurt again.

This UNLV guard just dropped. He's from St. Louis. He was a key contributor (17 points) to that beating UNLV gave us in the early season.

Keshon Gilbert

No. TV ratings cratered, season ticket sales bottomed out, attendance was embarrassing, and local media can't be bothered.

Fox backs up Garcia.

Did Coyle give something away in the Dawn P. press conference?

He said he is looking forward to talking to A.J. when he gets here.

noting that a lot of st francis brooklyn names are now on the portal. sadly, st francis are eliminating all 19 sports teams after the 2023 season. bball dates back to 1896, the oldest college program in NYC and a NCAA charter member

He was a turnover machine

Yes, pretty high now that I look at that. 4 turnovers per 40 minutes; a higher rate than anyone on our team this season. Thanks for pointing that out!

noting that a lot of st francis brooklyn names are now on the portal. sadly, st francis are eliminating all 19 sports teams after the 2023 season. bball dates back to 1896, the oldest college program in NYC and a NCAA charter member

I wondered why what appeared to be almost an entire team was in the portal. Athletics have just become a loser for a lot of schools.

Might be some interesting news coming soon
giphy.gif

I wondered why what appeared to be almost an entire team was in the portal. Athletics have just become a loser for a lot of schools.
They always were. It’s a cultural myth that they make a lot of money.

The industry surrounding college athletics makes a lot of money. The football programs mostly lose. Last time I looked D1 financials, only 25 programs were in the black (although Certain schools do make a huge profit off football).

Despite national turmoil over tution costs, sports are subsidized. Especially football. With Billions in “Donations” line under revenue being dontaions from mandatory student fees.

I think the Mens NCAA tournament is the actual money maker and ends up paying for all the other tournaments.

These are players that are not good enough to play for P6 programs, but, because they're from MN, are somehow desirable. Better than nothing, I suppose, but they should be setting sights on proven players.
I am sure you’re aware that “one of us” is really really really important around here.

The fan base might be more receptive to 6 total conference wins over two seasons if the squad was made up entirely of Minnesotans. 🤷‍♂️

maybe danny ogele could let daniel deaver, navy, know Minnesota is a great place for him for a year or two.

Curtis Jones who played at Buffalo just hit the transfer portal. I posted about him a few weeks ago while wondering if he would enter the portal. Buffalo's coach has been fired since then and he's now in the portal.

Jones played at Cretin-Derham Hall. He played one season at Indian Hills CC in Iowa and two seasons at Buffalo. He dramatically increased his playing time and numbers this season (31.5 mpg., 15 pts per game, 4.8 rpm., 3.0 assists per game, about a 3 to 1 assist/turnover ratio, 18.9 player efficiency rating). He seems to be a combo guard and has good size (6'5"). He should have two years of eligibility.

Curtis Jones

This is definitely one Johnson should pursue. If he's interested in returning home, the Gophers should have the edge.

Curtis Jones who played at Buffalo just hit the transfer portal. I posted about him a few weeks ago while wondering if he would enter the portal. Buffalo's coach has been fired since then and he's now in the portal.

Jones played at Cretin-Derham Hall. He played one season at Indian Hills CC in Iowa and two seasons at Buffalo. He dramatically increased his playing time and numbers this season (31.5 mpg., 15 pts per game, 4.8 rpm., 3.0 assists per game, about a 3 to 1 assist/turnover ratio, 18.9 player efficiency rating). He seems to be a combo guard and has good size (6'5"). He should have two years of eligibility.

Curtis Jones

This is definitely one Johnson should pursue. If he's interested in returning home, the Gophers should have the edge.
He needs to go all in on this kid.

Top Bottom