2023-24 Other Bowl Games Thread

Second game clearly has Better QBs. than first game. Washington also has better skill players. So looking for Washington blowout.
Wait ... Another special teams trainwreck.

Last edited:

Texas too good offensively for a blow-out. High scoring, who has ball last game.
Second game clearly has Better QBs. than first game. Washington also has better skill players. So looking for Washington blowout.
Wait ... Another special teams trainwreck.

When you muff a punt in the Sugar Bowl leading to a score... Ouch!

The B1G has now won the first and hopefully the last CFP with MI. The SEC really does dominate. I’m glad to see them out.

This bowl season has really made clear how important a great quarterback is. No wonder Tennessee paid millions for a 5-star. The difference between him and what Iowa had out there was literally night and day. Ohio State looked terrible playing with their backup to their backup. Missouri had no fear of their passing and completely stacked the box. Think of if they still had Quinn Ewers! They would be in the playoff instead of Texas.

Not a shock Michigan has done so well the last couple years with their own 5-star. The best QBs are going to get paid a king’s ransom moving forward. No other position is even close to as important especially if they can run and pass.

Power 5 teams shut out 3+ times in one season since 2000:

2023 Iowa (10-4)
2019 Rutgers (2-10)
2016 Rutgers (2-10)
2008 Wazzu (2-11)
2006 Duke (0-12)
2002 Baylor (3-9)
2001 Rutgers (2-9)
2000 Baylor (2-9)
"When Iowa scores, they're undefeated*"-Iowa fans who don't know the rules of football.

I would be super excited for a Penix experiment.
Penix has always been my dude. He almost won the Big Ten with Indiana. He's accurate, productive, experienced, and has succeeded even in difficult circumstances.

I think he will be the best QB of the 2024 draft and whichever likely pretty good team takes him in the later 1st or 2nd will get a low cost franchise QB without being awful, which is the holy grail of NFL team building

He looks great in Purple and Gold. Tampa Bay would also be a fit for him.

Penix has always been my dude. He almost won the Big Ten with Indiana. He's accurate, productive, experienced, and has succeeded even in difficult circumstances.

I think he will be the best QB of the 2024 draft and whichever likely pretty good team takes him in the later 1st or 2nd will get a low cost franchise QB without being awful, which is the holy grail of NFL team building

He looks great in Purple and Gold. Tampa Bay would also be a fit for him.
Agreed that he’ll be a productive next level guy. Has the arm talent for sure. Would be very happy with us taking him and envision Williams and Maye will go ahead of him no matter what. Really hoping the vikes don’t go the McCarthy route. Just don’t see the love so many have with him

I think when a qb is confident in his WRs and the WRs confident… that happens.

Also these guys are all being hit in stride, most at top speed, a DB can’t see or do much when that is the case.

Case in point 2019 Gophers. Morgan was accurate enough to toss the ball up to single covered receivers where they could catch it, and the receivers were good enough to come up with it. The opposite happened in 2021.

Case in point 2019 Gophers. Morgan was accurate enough to toss the ball up to single covered receivers where they could catch it, and the receivers were good enough to come up with it. The opposite happened in 2021.
Yup, down the home sideline to covered receivers was a relatively common pass and ... man it worked, DBs couldn't stop it.

Agreed that he’ll be a productive next level guy. Has the arm talent for sure. Would be very happy with us taking him and envision Williams and Maye will go ahead of him no matter what. Really hoping the vikes don’t go the McCarthy route. Just don’t see the love so many have with him
McCarthy is about three years younger than Penix and Bo Nix, who are the two guys he will probably be closest to in draft rankings. I like Penix of that group but the case for McCarthy is that he has more upside I suppose.

That TD was a laser by Penix.
If this version of Penix plays next week, Washington blows out Michigan. Ultra calm and seeing everything pre snap. If michigans havoc doesn’t get home/rattle him, he will kill them.

Top Bottom