2023-24 Other Bowl Games Thread

Michigan O-line splits are tiny. They must think they can blow Alabama off the ball.

I think Michigan is overrated and should never have been ranked number 1. They are the least deserving of the top 4 in the playoff. Probably should have been Georgia in over them. We’ll see shortly if I’m wrong, but I think Alabama is about to whip that ass.
Texas is the weakest of the four teams IMO.

Looks like ShipStation has blown their annual ad budget on bowl season.

Announcers were talking about how the Alabama QB uncharacteristically slid instead of attempting to leap forward for a first down anfew minutes ago, except on the replay you can clearly see the grass rip out from under him when he tries to change direction, causing him to fall down....

Announcers were talking about how the Alabama QB uncharacteristically slid instead of attempting to leap forward for a first down anfew minutes ago, except on the replay you can clearly see the grass rip out from under him when he tries to change direction, causing him to fall down....
I thought it was obvious he slipped

I love this.
I have a niece at Alabama (she’s at the game), and Alabama also offered my son a full academic scholarship, but he just couldn’t bring himself to go down there.

i abhor michigan…every single sport. I despise harbaugh, I believe their past 3 year football history should be wiped from the books due to rampant cheating. And I still want them to beat alabama.
If you want to root against Michigan, do it in the next game, not today.

First of all, I hate Michigan. Second, I like that Michigan is proving that power football offense still works well as long as the passing game is good enough to keep the defense off balance.

Edit add: it must be nice having a QB that can hit a short fast crossing route.

Michigan finally has enough of the players/athletes to match up with the Alabamas of the world.

Michigan is dominating up front on both sides. They’re going to win unless they make a few more critical errors a la the fumbled punt. Bama is a good 2nd half team though, so it’ll be interesting to see whether Michigan keeps up with any adjustments Bama made. Great game. I’m happy to see it.

Michigan’s Special Teams have muffed a punt, and a botched PAT. Gophers fans can relate, but also relax and reflect.

Regardless of the bowl, get the sideline “reporters” either back to their other job or home with their kids. They add absolutely nothing to the broadcast, nothing.
It gets every broadcast past the artificially imposed “racist” and “sexist” barriers. And adds nothing else to the broadcast.

Michigan is dominating up front on both sides. They’re going to win unless they make a few more critical errors a la the fumbled punt. Bama is a good 2nd half team though, so it’ll be interesting to see whether Michigan keeps up with any adjustments Bama made. Great game. I’m happy to see it.

Michigan should have beaten TCU last year too.

Michigan has to stop the gimmicks on their side of the field, play them straight up, didn't need to put that other QB in.

Alabama's best offensive formation has been with a tight end and a fullback/h-back. Old school. Michigan is the same.

Moral of the story, Fleck's philosophy of power football works in the modern day if the the right pieces are assembled. F*ck the spread stuff. This is the best game I've seen in a long time.

Alabama's best offensive formation has been with a tight end and a fullback/h-back. Old school. Michigan is the same.

Moral of the story, Fleck's philosophy of power football works in the modern day if the the right pieces are assembled. F*ck the spread stuff. This is the best game I've seen in a long time.
In Brosmer/Lindsay we trust

Super cool picture. Brought out the elite gear for an elite game.

Stealth technology is super cool. Planes like the F-35 are not only low radar profile but also fools incoming signals into thinking the plane is at a different spot. And they fly at night, very hard to see. And with bombers, just fly close and then drop low-profile cruise missiles that fly up to hundreds of miles to target.

War is hell and never wish that but if you have to play defense, be the best...

Michigan’s Special Teams have muffed a punt, and a botched PAT. Gophers fans can relate, but also relax and reflect.
Kesich is a much welcomed departure from our MN kicking follies. The rest of our special teams not so much. It is surprising to see MI struggle with some of these basic elements of the game.

Top Bottom