2023-24 Other Bowl Games Thread

in the big Top ranked teams losing while lower ranked teams winning. Big is mediocre

I was watching Oregon/Liberty so missed the B1G games. Thanks for the Cliff Notes gang.

It will be interesting to see how Fickell does down the road. They used to be a run-centric team with a very good defense and now that has flipped. LSU missed Daniels, but Wisconsin did miss Allen. Probably a bigger loss for LSU, but Wisconsin's RB situation didn't look that much different than our QB situation.

Really did laugh at Iowa's continued offensive futility. Wonder how they would have been had McNamara not gone down early in the season, but I have a hard time believing they would have been that much better with him under center.

With Fickell joining th 21st century, Ferentz and Fleck are the only B1G coaches with Woody Hayes' picture on their wall. Curious if that changes.

I didn't actually watch Iowa's game, but did it include like 23 invalid fair catches? I suppose not since it doesn't look like Tennessee actually punted. Too bad.

I did watch the Wisky game and they pissed it away hard. Mordecai looked really good in the game. LSU just had more overall talent.

I'm all for more Gophers passing. Need a QB for that. They now probably have him.

Notice that I wrote "more" that is open to definition.

I didn't actually watch Iowa's game, but did it include like 23 invalid fair catches? I suppose not since it doesn't look like Tennessee actually punted. Too bad.

I did watch the Wisky game and they pissed it away hard. Mordecai looked really good in the game. LSU just had more overall talent.
Naw Tenn kinda handled them from the start and just kept rolling. Game was over after the first TD and everyone knew it.

Hilariously at one point Iowa on 3rd and long, down two TDs, Iowa runs up the middle to kill their drive.

Commentator said

"I did not expect that play call from Brian Ferrentz"

But that's been Iowa's MO all year....

Power 5 teams shut out 3+ times in one season since 2000:

2023 Iowa (10-4)
2019 Rutgers (2-10)
2016 Rutgers (2-10)
2008 Wazzu (2-11)
2006 Duke (0-12)
2002 Baylor (3-9)
2001 Rutgers (2-9)
2000 Baylor (2-9)

Let’s see if Michigan chokes in the postseason for the 7th season running. They are 4-14 in bowl games since 2000 including some epic beat downs in recent years and an embarrassing showing last year.

Throwback run-first Michigan led by the eccentric Harbaugh versus the old master in Nick Saban, maybe no longer at the top of his game but one who has embraced the forward pass. Will Michigan be able to move the ball. Will Michigan strangle Alabama on the ground. Will JJ throw a few picks.

Naw Tenn kinda handled them from the start and just kept rolling. Game was over after the first TD and everyone knew it.

Hilariously at one point Iowa on 3rd and long, down two TDs, Iowa runs up the middle to kill their drive.

Commentator said

"I did not expect that play call from Brian Ferrentz"

But that's been Iowa's MO all year....

Nobody expects it, so…

Brian playing chess

What’s interesting to me about Iowa’s offensive ineptitude (besides having it’s no 1 QB and top two TEs out with injuries) is that Ferrntz continues to play Deacon Hill. Iowa has Joe Labas on the roster, a 6’4” RS Soph who was rated an 4* out of HS. Can it be that Deacon Hill is better than a 4* QB? If yes, then GH’s shouldn’t get their undies in a bunch over the fact that we don’t have more 4* players on our roster.

I don't mind G5 getting a good bowl game, but liberty with the second weakest schedule in all of football ... is a fucking joke.

They should have snubbed liberty.

Should have invited them to the Liberty Bowl. Just sayin'. ;)

Liberty at the Liberty Bowl with non-stop Liberty, Liberty commercials.

Let’s see if Michigan chokes in the postseason for the 7th season running. They are 4-14 in bowl games since 2000 including some epic beat downs in recent years and an embarrassing showing last year.

Throwback run-first Michigan led by the eccentric Harbaugh versus the old master in Nick Saban, maybe no longer at the top of his game but one who has embraced the forward pass. Will Michigan be able to move the ball. Will Michigan strangle Alabama on the ground. Will JJ throw a few picks.

I say no. Michigan wins by power but has faced no team as physical as Alabama. OSU could be as physical, but doesn't play that way. Penn State is definitely a step down. I just bet small $$ on Alabama and the 2 points and also the 46 point under. Y'all can laugh at me when/if I'm wrong.

I looked up the word Impotent in the dictionary and the definition read "Iowa Offense". Rumor has it there's a Go Fund Me for the Iowa offense.

Alabama cheerleaders shaking their Bitties in tandem to the camera. Classic.

Lol…

Here we go.

Edit. Out of bounds. But, not a great sign for JJ who has struggled in big games.

OMG you can't be serious. Michigan comes out passing -- good! -- but throws a short pass to Alabama defender?

Was that a video game simulation of nonsense before the game starts?

What’s interesting to me about Iowa’s offensive ineptitude (besides having it’s no 1 QB and top two TEs out with injuries) is that Ferrntz continues to play Deacon Hill. Iowa has Joe Labas on the roster, a 6’4” RS Soph who was rated an 4* out of HS. Can it be that Deacon Hill is better than a 4* QB? If yes, then GH’s shouldn’t get their undies in a bunch over the fact that we don’t have more 4* players on our roster.
Labas went to transfer portal.

Joe Montana might struggle in their offense with those players.

Michigan looks awful so far.
I think Michigan is overrated and should never have been ranked number 1. They are the least deserving of the top 4 in the playoff. Probably should have been Georgia in over them. We’ll see shortly if I’m wrong, but I think Alabama is about to whip that ass.

Top Bottom