2023-24 Other Bowl Games Thread

And usc is missing like half their team and is up on Louisville. Everybody is missing guys. Some guys matter more, but Williams’ backup for usc has 3 passing TDs already.
And make that 4 in the first half

Caleb Williams is going to be a Top 3 pick, but this Moss guy is unbelievable.

Duke’s Mayo Bowl looks promising

Matt Barie and Dan Mullins on the call -top notch

WV 75 yd. TD pass on first play from scrimmage.

Oh, and I finally found a store which carries Dukes (my quest is over) - will try it in January - screw you Heliman’s, the anti-CFB Mayo
Dukes is very creamy! Yum!!

I think it depends on the sponsor. Duke's mayo has to have been a rousing success. Nobody outside the Southeast US had probably ever heard of it before they took over the sponsorship, and they do it REALLY well. Making the announcers eat the stuff in the booth, show people giving it to fans, the goofy mascot with the big eyebrows, and of course the dumping of the mayo on the winning coach.

I told my wife if I were the coach, I'd have to throw the game because I'm not sure I wouldn't puke if someone dumped mayo on me. And what if a coach had an egg allergy?
The Duke’s Mayo Bowl encompasses everything that is great about CFB - a more fun version of the game we love.

Barie & Mullen should call that game every year 😃.

One Mayo 🛀 wouldn’t kill you Disco Danny (I would love it, but I also won the Bog Water Chug A Lug award in 5th grade, when we visited the headwaters of the Mississippi). I’m assuming that a coach could get a pass for an egg allergy.

Rutgers DOMINATING the game physically and then ... doing everything it possibly can to lose ...

I'm shocked, shocked that Minnesota does not host a bowl.

The winner gets milk and Wheaties dumped on them.

1703800508235.png

The Bad Boy Mower Pinstripe Bowl between Miami and Rutgers has been a heck of a lot of fun to watch.

I'd rather a have a variety of events for the most part throughout the year as opposed to hosting a bowl like this that requires many volunteers.
It's not like this would make people not volunteer for other things. Would probably bring out some that would normally not volunteer at all.

Tonight’s dinner was a chicken sandwich from Chick-fil-A, a baked Famous Idaho Potato, a side of Avocados From Mexico, followed up with a Pop-Tart smothered in Duke’s Mayo, all washed down with Scooter’s Coffee. The bowl sponsors have won me over!

NC St K State looks like it should come down to a good finish. K State with 2 tds wiped off the board trying to put nc state away

What will future Bowl tie ins be when PAC 12 goes away?

Top Bottom