2023-24 Other Bowl Games Thread

Kansas QB was impressive. He’s the best backup I’ve seen. KU had it rolling as a program. They play with an edge. Saw Emilien on the sideline but never saw him in the game.

Duke’s Mayo Bowl looks promising

Matt Barie and Dan Mullins on the call -top notch

WV 75 yd. TD pass on first play from scrimmage.

Oh, and I finally found a store which carries Dukes (my quest is over) - will try it in January - screw you Heliman’s, the anti-CFB Mayo

Beanie Bishop was a first team AA this year- learned this after he hot tour he’d for a long completion in the Mayo Bowl

Mayo Bowl already getting a little chippy. Sad pattern this bowl season.

Beanie Bishop was a first team AA this year- learned this after he hot tour he’d for a long completion in the Mayo Bowl
Beanie just took a punt 78 yds to the house 🏠

And Redding was returning punts instead of him last year PJ? You’re leaving field position on the table.

Last edited:

Can someone remind me again why Beanie Bishop transferred away from us ? Also, whatever the WKU DBs coach taught him, it worked. What a year he had.
Just got worked on that last td.

Please Santa let Brosmer be a semi-close replica to Garret Greene. Man he’s fun to watch.

Mayonnaise is gross. The Smashing Pumpkins song of the same name (with different spelling) is fantastic.

Beanie just took a punt 78 yds to the house 🏠

And Redding was returning punts instead of him last year PJ? You’re leaving field position on the table.

Beanie wasn't West Virginia's punt returner either this season. That was his first punt return of the season.

Beanie wasn't West Virginia's punt returner either this season. That was his first punt return of the season.
Thank you - this makes my point 😉- give him the damn ball 🏈

Couldn’t even make it till the end of the year, after your extravagant I’m done with CFB because it’s too Screwed up for me
Your true colors are showing and they ain’t pretty, unless you’re into pastels.

Last edited:

only if the viewership drops. they don't care if player xyz plays as long as eyeballs are still on tv sets
I think it depends on the sponsor. Duke's mayo has to have been a rousing success. Nobody outside the Southeast US had probably ever heard of it before they took over the sponsorship, and they do it REALLY well. Making the announcers eat the stuff in the booth, show people giving it to fans, the goofy mascot with the big eyebrows, and of course the dumping of the mayo on the winning coach.

I told my wife if I were the coach, I'd have to throw the game because I'm not sure I wouldn't puke if someone dumped mayo on me. And what if a coach had an egg allergy?

247Sports:

"The Tar Heels (8-5) were without seven starters on this day, including stars such as quarterback Drake Maye and linebacker Cedric Gray."

247Sports:

"The Tar Heels (8-5) were without seven starters on this day, including stars such as quarterback Drake Maye and linebacker Cedric Gray."
And usc is missing like half their team and is up on Louisville. Everybody is missing guys. Some guys matter more, but Williams’ backup for usc has 3 passing TDs already.

Top Bottom