2023-24 Other Bowl Games Thread

NW won by default, ugly game.
As I was watching, two questions kept playing ping-pong in my mind.

(1) How did we lose to Northwestern?

(2) How did Utah win 8 games?

Answer to the first one is fairly easy. We just weren't as good as we thought we would be, but blowing that big lead really set the tone for the rest of the season.

The second one? Pac-12 must have really stunk.

Utah is tough on defense year after year. They were tonight, too, except for a few passes by the QB who beat us at the end of the game despite being down 21. The guy is amazing. The NW defense was scary - glad we don't play them in a bowl. Good game, lots of speed and toughness on defense for both teams.

Utah is tough on defense year after year. They were tonight, too, except for a few passes by the QB who beat us at the end of the game despite being down 21. The guy is amazing. The NW defense was scary - glad we don't play them in a bowl. Good game, lots of speed and toughness on defense for both teams.
The defenses played well but i dunno the quality of offense play was…. it was bad all by itself….

Announcer just said “I’m gonna run to the bathroom” before commercial break in San Jose-CC game.

The defenses played well but i dunno the quality of offense play was…. it was bad all by itself….
Utah was missing 2 starting OL and 2 starting WR who are preparing for NFL (didn’t want to get hurt). If this game was played in the regular season, the Utes roll jNW. Hey, all jNW can do is play who is there and congrats to them for winning, but it is another example of a meaningless bowl victory.

Utah was missing 2 starting OL and 2 starting WR who are preparing for NFL (didn’t want to get hurt). If this game was played in the regular season, the Utes roll jNW. Hey, all jNW can do is play who is there and congrats to them for winning, but it is another example of a meaningless bowl victory.
In fairness, the Gophers played the whole season without a QB.

College football is ruined. Bowl games were never that important but were a fun feature of the sport. The bowls are now a total joke in many cases,
Almost more like preseason games with so many back ups playing.

Top Bottom