2023-2024 Gophers Basketball Schedule Thread

BleedGopher

Reaction score
I figured I'd get this started as games start getting confirmed.

I believe we are in a Vegas Tournament the week before Thanksgiving with San Diego State, possibly Pitt, etc. I can't wait for that!

Go Gophers!!

Thanks Bleed.

Pitt is out. They decided to play in NIT Season Tip-Off. One team still TBD.

Weekend before Thanksgiving (Nov. 17 & 19).

Is it a round robin or just 2 games with winners/losers playing each other?

Go Gophers!!

When's the last time the Gophers didn't play Wisconsin on the road?

One-time opponents seem like a good draw.

Home Only: Maryland, Rutgers, Wisconsin

Away Only: Illinois, Michigan, Purdue
I'm not so sure. The home onlys look like they might more likely generate a road win if on the road. The road onlys look like we have no shot.

I think it depends on the season you’re expecting. When we’re just hoping for wins (probably this season more than most), I’d say this schedule plays into our hand. In a year where we’re loaded (maybe someday?) and expectations are high you’d probably want it the other way. Just my 2c
I'm not so sure. The home onlys look like they might more likely generate a road win if on the road. The road onlys look like we have no shot.

@ Michigan is one of our 6 big ten wins in two seasons
So I’m not sure no chance is any more of a no change than any other game

Home against Rutgers are 2 of the 6, so I like them at home.

6 games against Penn State, Nebraska and Northwestern. Can't complain about that.
As of now it looks like Indiana will suck, so probably a good thing we get 2 cracks at the Hoosiers, too. Northwestern, it all depends on whether Buie & Audige come back. If they don't return, Wildcats definitely take a major step down.

As of now it looks like Indiana will suck, so probably a good thing we get 2 cracks at the Hoosiers, too. Northwestern, it all depends on whether Buie & Audige come back. If they don't return, Wildcats definitely take a major step down.
So what you're saying is that the Gophers could have a better record but not really improved since so many teams could end up down from last year? That could make Coyle's decision even more difficult.;)

So what you're saying is that the Gophers could have a better record but not really improved since so many teams could end up down from last year? That could make Coyle's decision even more difficult.;)
Kind of, I guess!

On paper (I know, it's early in the spring), that looks like a schedule that could/should produce at least 6 conference wins.

Last edited:

Gophers no longer part of Continental Tire Main Event in Las Vegas.

I suspect to go along with Maine we’ll see several SWAC & MEAC opponents dotting the non-conference schedule this season.

What might be the cause of this?
Poor decision making is the cause. Sending a message to your own team we can’t compete. That’s sin #1 but then you axe Vegas from your travel plans and that may be enough to piss off a restless current player on the roster missing out on a fun trip.

Players don’t wanna play an abnormal bunch of NWSouthEastern Toledo games.

Top Bottom