2023-2024 College Basketball Other Games Thread

BIG Teams in action today
Gophers host FCGU
Illinois @ Tennessee
Purdue plays Alabama in Toronto (for Edey?)
Indiana plays Auburn in Atlanta
wisconsin visits Arizona
Ohio State @ Penn State
Rutgers @ Seton Hall

Catching the tale end of the Louisville v DePaul game. Jaden Henley plays and starts for DePaul. Evans is not playing

I hate to say this but Wisconsin will be near the top again. They are being gutted by AZ but other than Purdue I believe they are at the top.

They do have quite a lot of talent.
I wonder what the deal is with Essegian for WI. He hardly plays this season.

Catching the tale end of the Louisville v DePaul game. Jaden Henley plays and starts for DePaul. Evans is not playing
Shoulder injury for Evans, no timetable on when he'll be back.

"Payne has said from the jump that Evans, a top-five center in the 2023 recruiting cycle, has a ways to go physically and technically while transitioning to Division I. That sentiment, combined with Evans' injury, explains why we're seeing more of the lineup featuring Traynor — and why Evans hasn't been on the court for more than eight minutes since Game 1 of the Empire Classic against Texas".
"I'm not sitting here saying, I don't need him and I can afford to sit him down. He needs to develop, Payne said Nov 28, That's why he came here, to develop (into) a good player. But there's a point in time in this where he has to watch and observe a little bit and say, "OK, I've got to get better".

Mizzou vs Kansas just started, no Man Bun sighting yet

Storr. Essegian looks more like an NSIC type player. Maybe thinking Klesmit but WI seems to get the most out of them.
Idk. Essegian shot over 40% last year and 35% from 3 as a true freshman. I just looked and he's getting 20 less minutes per game. I read he had a back injury too so maybe that's still a factor. I'd take him over Klesmit. Storr definitely is top 2 player for them.

Didn’t watch it and wasn’t paying attention to the score, but Auburn hung 104 on Indiana? Dang!

Opinion article written tonight (Saturday) by Eric Crawford on WDRB, a Louisville, Ky. TV station website. Sometimes I feel like it could apply to Minnesota. Although I do feel that Ben had a good week.

I did not see Dennis Evans name in the Louisville basketball box score today. Is he injured or Coaches DNP?

Three west coast games down to the wire.

San Diego, picked last in WCC, beats Arizona State.

Irvine Anteaters (best nickname in college sports?) blow an upset against San Diego State with missed free throws and turnovers in last minute.

Washington hangs on to beat #7 Gonzaga at home.

BIG teams in action today
Northwestern hosts Detroit Mercy
Michigan @ Iowa
Michigan State @ Nebraska

Storr. Essegian looks more like an NSIC type player. Maybe thinking Klesmit but WI seems to get the most out of them.
NSIC?? He averaged nearly 13 points a game in the big ten last year and was all-freshman. He’s a 6’4” guard and can shoot. In what world is he an NSIC player? When he transfers, he’s going to be extremely popular with high majors.

NSIC?? He averaged nearly 13 points a game in the big ten last year and was all-freshman. He’s a 6’4” guard and can shoot. In what world is he an NSIC player? When he transfers, he’s going to be extremely popular with high majors.
I said maybe I’m thinking of Klesmit my bad. Another poster said he had a back injury and might be why he’s averaging a lot less minutes a game. The NSIC has a lot of 6’4 guys that can shoot and some transfer up to D1 and some transfer down.

Top Bottom