2023-2024 College Basketball Other Games Thread

Against Oak Hills Christian out of Bemidji. They have one player taller than 6’4”. I have no idea why this was ever scheduled.

Looks like they took a couple of the bad intramural teams and added the chess club.

This is Oak Hill's season so far.

nov 10 | 7:00 | WATCH LIVE

Rockford University

rockford, il​

L 43-96

MN-North-College-Hibbing-e1690988771638.png

nov 14 | 7:00 | WATCH LIVE

MN North College – Hibbing

Hibbing, MN​

L 61-64

bemidji-state.png

nov 16 | 5:30 | WATCH LIVE

Bemidji State University

bemidji, mn​

L 31-112

Valley-City-State-University.png

nov 22 | 6:00 | WATCH LIVE

Valley City State University

Valley City, ND​

L 50-113

Dickinson-State-e1599746880594.png

nov 24 | 8:00 | LIVE stats

Dickinson State University

dickinson, ND​

L 28-100

nov 25 | 4:00 | LIVE stats

dickinson, ND​

L 39-131

Minnesota-Morris-e1629822022135.png

nov 30 | 7:00 | WATCH LIVE

University of Minnesota Morris

morris, MN​

L 69-95

Sisseton-Wahpeton.png

dec 2 | 1:00 |​

Sisseton Whapeton College

niac-1.png

Sisseton, SD​

W 75-74

Waldorf-University-1-e1606159084240.png

dec 5 | 6:00 | WATCH LIVE

Waldorf University

Bemidji, MN​

L 54-101

Sisseton-Wahpeton.png

dec 6 | 6:00 | WATCH LIVE

niac-1.png

Bemidji, MN​

W 90-88

This is Oak Hill's season so far.

nov 10 | 7:00 | WATCH LIVE

Rockford University

rockford, il​

L 43-96

MN-North-College-Hibbing-e1690988771638.png

nov 14 | 7:00 | WATCH LIVE

MN North College – Hibbing

Hibbing, MN​

L 61-64

bemidji-state.png

nov 16 | 5:30 | WATCH LIVE

Bemidji State University

bemidji, mn​

L 31-112

nov 22 | 6:00 | WATCH LIVE

Valley City, ND​

L 50-113

Dickinson-State-e1599746880594.png

nov 24 | 8:00 | LIVE stats

Dickinson State University

dickinson, ND​

L 28-100

nov 25 | 4:00 | LIVE stats

dickinson, ND​

L 39-131

Minnesota-Morris-e1629822022135.png

nov 30 | 7:00 | WATCH LIVE

University of Minnesota Morris

morris, MN​

L 69-95

Sisseton-Wahpeton.png

dec 2 | 1:00 |​

niac-1.png

Sisseton, SD​

W 75-74

Waldorf-University-1-e1606159084240.png

dec 5 | 6:00 | WATCH LIVE

Waldorf University

Bemidji, MN​

L 54-101

Sisseton-Wahpeton.png

dec 6 | 6:00 | WATCH LIVE

niac-1.png

Bemidji, MN​

W 90-88

People say no one will want Ben if he gets fired...

People say no one will want Ben if he gets fired...
What a weird schedule. They get throttled by D2 schools like Bemidji, NAIA schools like Valley City, Waldorf and Dickinson. Are marginally competitive with D3 UM-Morris, beat up on tribal community colleges in their own conference. And somehow were scheduled against D1 NDSU?

I know the Gophers play exhibitions against regional lower level schools like Macalester, Winona State, MSU-Moorhead etc at times, but those are early season exhibitions. This shitshow was an in-season game. Just sad.

What a weird schedule. They get throttled by D2 schools like Bemidji, NAIA schools like Valley City, Waldorf and Dickinson. Are marginally competitive with D3 UM-Morris, beat up on tribal community colleges in their own conference. And somehow were scheduled against D1 NDSU?

I know the Gophers play exhibitions against regional lower level schools like Macalester, Winona State, MSU-Moorhead etc at times, but those are early season exhibitions. This shitshow was an in-season game. Just sad.
"Scheduling is hard" - Ben Johnson

I said maybe I’m thinking of Klesmit my bad. Another poster said he had a back injury and might be why he’s averaging a lot less minutes a game. The NSIC has a lot of 6’4 guys that can shoot and some transfer up to D1 and some transfer down.
Essegian played a lot last year for his offense on a team that struggled on that end of the court. He is a suspect defender, however. This year, their offense is much better with Storr, but also with the freshman Blackwell, and, crucially, both of those guys are better than Essegian defensively. Klesmit is a steady guy who also plays good D and can score occasionally - he had 21 against Marquette.

Also, Essegian has slumped badly offensively, even late last year. He's been passed on the depth chart, and yes, in today's world, that probably means he'll be transferring. Teams that don't care about defense (Iowa, cough, cough) will pay handsomely.

According to their web site, Oak Hills Christian College has an enrollment of 100 and a student/faculty ratio of 11:1. So they have a faculty of 9!

I would guess that the payday received for getting beat up by NDSU will be the largest item on their balance sheet. So I guess that's good for them. But it's embarrassing for NDSU, IMO.

According to their web site, Oak Hills Christian College has an enrollment of 100 and a student/faculty ratio of 11:1. So they have a faculty of 9!

I would guess that the payday received for getting beat up by NDSU will be the largest item on their balance sheet. So I guess that's good for them. But it's embarrassing for NDSU, IMO.
The conference they play in has three schools from Canada.

It's like North playing ubah medical academy

There's literally no point to playing a game like that. It accomplishes nothing. Whoever scheduled it for NDSU should be more than embarrassed.

There's literally no point to playing a game like that. It accomplishes nothing. Whoever scheduled it for NDSU should be more than embarrassed.
Bemidji as well, and even the NAIA schools like Valley City.

BIG teams in action today
Maryland at home against Alcorn St
Gophers host IUPUI (Think this university is splitting next year and will become IUI as far as sports.)

A program has to start somewhere, and needs to play games. It did accomplish something for the new program; a little experience and a payday. I'm with the one who suggests a favor was called in by someone at the new program with connections at NDSU. They were doing the favor for the new program. It doesn't help NDSU at all, and I can't believe anyone with any competitive sense about him would be high fiving over a 100 point win. Too much ado about little on this one, I think.

Down to 6 teams left undefeated.
Clemson
Houston, Baylor and Oklahoma of the Big 12
Arizona
James Madison

Some lesser known teams with 1 loss
Longwood Lancers 10-1
Hawaii Rainbow Warriors 7-1
Purdue Ft Wayne Mastodons 10-1
Princeton Tigers 9-1
Drake Bulldogs 9-1
Indiana State Sycamores 9-1