2023-2024 College Basketball Other Games Thread

Just a quick look at our friend Dennis Evans at Louisville:

In a recent game against Texas, he fouled out in 13 minutes of action. He isn't playing much but that isn't a big surprise. Averaging 1.6 pts in about 10 minutes per game.
Never seen a team win by .6 pts 😉

Penn State going to #330 in Kenpom Bucknell at home

Wisconsin is playing Marquette tough. Good defense built them a 16 point lead in the first half. Marquette has cut it to three early in the second half.

Penn State looking like a good shot for wins. Just lost at home to a 2-7 Bucknell team.

Wisconsin is playing Marquette tough. Good defense built them a 16 point lead in the first half. Marquette has cut it to three early in the second half.

Penn State looking like a good shot for wins. Just lost at home to a 2-7 Bucknell team.

Prior to this game, Penn State lost to every quality team it played after a 4-0 start. Now they've lost to a lowly team at home and have lost four straight. They probably will fall below us on some quantitative rankings. Based on the early season evidence, PSU and Maryland are struggling as much or more than us and, depending upon the index viewed, Indiana isn't rated highly either despite being 6-1.

Big Ten good? Few interesting results lately.

Hopefully Ben has an offense to install soon.

With the Big Ten not looking particularly strong this year, Wisconsin should easily finish top 3 or 4 in the conference with their typical consistent play and defensive effort. Poor 3 point shooting and injuries may be the only thing to derail them.

As for Marquette, I will never buy into any hype over a Shaka Smart team. His teams are a guaranteed first or second round tourney exit. Smart's teams have only won 3 tourney games in the last 11 years since that big VCU run.

Other surprises today include Georgia Tech beating #7 Duke......and #18 Villanova losing at home to Drexel.

CSU beats Huskies in Vegas. Good game. No matter the questions on why didn't Gophers want/recruit this player or that player, it's nice to see a team have an offensive flow/identity and chemistry. My hope is Gophers have been holding back for what comes ahead. They clearly have some size. Can they have some semblance of offensive flow, and appear in sync, we will see.

I hate Vermont. For supposedly smart people, Yale made a couple really dumb plays to lose that game.

Why would you hate Vermont? I can't see how that program would have made any enemies among Big Ten fans and I don't see how they could be provoking envy outside their conference.

Why would you hate Vermont? I can't see how that program would have made any enemies among Big Ten fans and I don't see how they could be provoking envy outside their conference.
They are among the most arrogant fans in the country. They behave like they invented the game. Worse than Wisconsin.

They are among the most arrogant fans in the country. They behave like they invented the game. Worse than Wisconsin.

You've actually attended Vermont games or know Vermont fans? I've lived in five different states as an adult and I've hardly met anyone from Vermont even when I lived in the eastern US.

Appalachian State takes down Auburn at home. Credit to Auburn going to a tough road environment.

Top Bottom