2023-2024 College Basketball Other Games Thread

Colorado State is a really good team.

Kansas is way overrated. Tons of talent....but they play super sloppy and don't have very good outside shooting.
I guess we will see how "overrated" they are once conference plays starts.

Super talented, extremely well coached and will be a top 4 team come March.

I guess we will see how "overrated" they are once conference plays starts.

Super talented, extremely well coached and will be a top 4 team come March.

Way overrated was a knee-jerk overreaction. But probably closer to top ten than top five.

Looks like it’s Iowa and Minnesota to fight it out for 14th. place.

SS didn’t have him on his comparables thread because he was a big fish, but you are correct - Minnesota and Marquette were both swirling in purgatory and the admin went in opposite directions. You get what you pay for.
Marquette also cares about their program, being that it is their main revenue sport.

Tamin Lipsey, having a great year thus far, leads Iowa State over VCU 68-64
22 points, 4 assists, 3 steals, 7 rebounds

Doesn't mean he's turning down a B1G job to stay there.
Perhaps but the B1G is pretty awful right now and the so called mid majors aren’t making peanuts anymore at least in Mountain West.

BIG Games today
Penn State vs Butler in Florida
Iowa vs Seton Hall in San Diego
Michigan vs Texas Tech in the Bahamas
Ohio State vs Alabama in Florida
Illinois against Western Illinois @ home

Future opponent Ball State beats recent opponent Pine Bluff by 18. That must mean something about what our game with them should be like.

Are they both in a weird MTE with us?

Oklahoma and USC are in a well played tight game. The kind I long to see on a regular basis at the Barn. 😌

And Oklahoma wins on a tip at the buzzer. Great game.

Last edited:

My relationship with Battle is complicated. I'll boo the shit out of him here for jilting us, but I hope he does well at OSU and in the pros; I hope they beat Alabama tonight; and I hope he and they go on a run in the NCAAs.

My relationship with Battle is complicated. I'll boo the shit out of him here for jilting us, but I hope he does well at OSU and in the pros; I hope they beat Alabama tonight; and I hope he and they go on a run in the NCAAs.
My guess is that if the pros were knocking with any kind of deal, he wouldn’t be at Ohio State. I’m not booing, but I’m not cheering either.

Didn’t watch Penn State at all today, but that undersized shooting guard, Kanye Clary, was shooting a lot looking at the box score. 13-22, 28 points. They lost to Butler 88-78

Top Bottom