2023-2024 College Basketball Other Games Thread

gard has been able to go with the same 5 starters for 32 of 33 games - one game missed by Chucky. He may be with Wahl and Chucky for today's game

Just flipped on the U Maa Lowell - VT tilt for the American East 👑.

Very physical and the refs letting them play; in some way I like this basketball better.

VT. has won 6 of the last 7 titles, so a familiar face in March - this would be Lowell’s first trip. Go River Hawks!

It’s in a small gym and that would fun to watch in person.

Just flipped on the U Maa Lowell - VT tilt for the American East 👑.

Very physical and the refs letting them play; in some way I like this basketball better.

VT. has won 6 of the last 7 titles, so a familiar face in March - this would be Lowell’s first trip. Go River Hawks!

It’s in a small gym and that would fun to watch in person.
River Hawks missed 4 FTs in a row and the Catamounts will be 🕺

They also only had a 6 man rotation abd ran out of ⛽

Since when did edey become such a moron? That's two games in a row he's been teed up. Now he has two fouls two minutes into the game.

I didn't know the island tried that. Doesn't surprise me, though. Staten Island is the only significantly populated Republican area in NYC. Staten Island traditionally has been heavily Italian American. I'm not sure a lot of people today realize this but many of the Italian Americans in NYC and the outlying areas are ancestrally Republican. They were later immigrants and, by the time they arrived, the Democratic machines were heavily controlled by the Irish who I'm guessing may not have been particularly welcoming to them. The Republicans also had their own political machines and recruited Italians to get their own new voters from the immigrant populations.
The subplot bin the Untouchables where Sean Connery’s Irish cop is skeptical of Andy Garcia’s fidelity to his oath, perfectly illustrates the point that the Irish who controlled the cops and firefighters thought all the Italians were crooks.

The joke here was that Staten Island was right of Atiltila the Hun.

Purdue/Wisconsin coming down to the wire. Same with Auburn/Miss State.

Hell.....Delaware St./Howard and VCU/St. Joseph's too!

Looking like another year of fade Purdue in the tournament. They just choke in the big moments.

Whisky does it again. They are playing well at the right time.

Smith is a really good player but he blew the game.

Their two best players both choked. Edey at the end of regulation threw the ball out of bounds rather than to a wide open court for an easy layup with a three point lead and 25 seconds remaining. Smith makes a boneheaded turnover at a point that you simply cannot afford it.

A team notorious for choking is giving us an early preview.

Gophers lose right away and Wisconsin goes to the championship in our backyard. Typical.
Amazing. And a couple weeks ago you would have thought it much more likely to be the exact opposite outcome. How things can change so quickly.

We're about to pick up an additional Q1 win the way this Nebraska game is going!

Top Bottom