2023-2024 College Basketball Other Games Thread

PSU at home probably beats Maryland. Then we are the 9.

Oh goody.

We'd then play Michigan State who we don't matchup too badly with based on the season games (although who knows with the way the team is playing now). If PSU loses, we stay in 10th. Then, it looks like our likely opponent would be Iowa who is losing 31-16 to Illinois right now. With a loss, Iowa would be tied with Indiana but Indiana won their only meeting during the season.

Last edited:

Arkansas State just beat App State at the buzzer, another regular season champ that isn't going dancing

PSU is pulling away from Maryland. Looking like we amy end up in the 8/9 game anyways.

We can make Izzo sweat on selection Sunday

I guess if there were a thread about favorite courts (the actual floor design, etc.), I'd put the one in Sioux Falls in there as one of mine. I know some see it differently. I'd put Creighton's in there also. Oregon, not so much.

St. Thomas falls short, SDSU moves on, 59-49. Tommies finish with 20-13 record.

Will Tommies receive and accept an invitation to the CBI?

Looks like Samford will hold on to win SoCon against upstart ETSU playing fourth day in a row including OT yesterday.

I would not want to be the high major 3 seed that has to play them in the first round. High octane style will drive a team bananas.

Looks like Samford will hold on to win SoCon against upstart ETSU playing fourth day in a row including OT yesterday.

I would not want to be the high major 3 seed that has to play them in the first round. High octane style will drive a team bananas.

Yes, they looked pretty good but I guess we should expect a 29-5 team to be pretty good. Their leading scorer is a forward named Achor Achor from Australia. He has his optional year left after playing 4 at Samford. Will he enter the portal?

St. Thomas falls short, SDSU moves on, 59-49. Tommies finish with 20-13 record.

Will Tommies receive and accept an invitation to the CBI?
Perhaps its been brought up but in the Summit, SDSU was the regular season champ. If UST had won last night, SDSU would have been rooting for UST to win out. With UST as ineligible for the tourney, the regular season champ, SDSU, would have gone to the tourney.

Do the Gopher get an invite and accept to the CBI?

I haven't seen a P6 team playing in that tournament for some time. Just checking the tournament's history, I see that the last time was 2019 when both West Virginia and De Paul played in it. Prior to that, 2015, when Colorado participated, was the most recent time. The year prior to that (2014), three P6 teams (Penn State, Oregon State, and Texas A&M) played in it.

Pretty sure we played them in Clems reign when he was looking for road wins.

You're right. Gophers did play them during Clem's tenure. The last one I can find was played on December 29th, 1998. Gophers won 98-57. Sacramento State was 3-23 that season.

Top Bottom