2023-2024 College Basketball Other Games Thread

BIG games today
Illinois @ wisconsin
Penn State @ Gophers
Iowa @ Northwestern
Michigan State @ Purdue

aaand the Illini come out hot scoring 5 points in the first 7 minutes at Wisconsin :ROFLMAO:

Hawkins complains about every call against him. Some were pretty bad but he acts like he’s never fouled anyone and he gets fouled every time he goes to the rim.

Only saw the end, Winter didn’t play much?

His box score showed no FG attempts. He didn’t play much? If yes, did they say why?

Here’s Marcus Domask’s recruiting profile. He had two D1 offers out of HS -
S, Illinois
Green Bay

Only possibility is he was considered a step slow? Hard to understand w him being Wi Mr Basketball. He just moves the defender down low almost at will.

NW is a MASH unit right now. Playing without Berry and Langbord again, and their starting C just left the game from a non contact injury just running down the floor. That didn't look great.

NW is a MASH unit right now. Playing without Berry and Langbord again, and their starting C just left the game from a non contact injury just running down the floor. That didn't look great.
Boo Buie taking a shot as he tried to take a charge, now he's holding his wrist, but staying in for the moment it looks like.

Boo Buie taking a shot as he tried to take a charge, now he's holding his wrist, but staying in for the moment it looks like.

The fact they are even in this game is surprising. They're playing a walk on major minutes now(have been the last couple of games)

SF loses to Santa Clara to finish 22-9(11-5) for 3rd place in the WCC. I thought they'd finish 4th, so I was wrong on that. But with that said, they aren't close to making the tournament.

OU/Houston tied with 10 seconds left...Boomer Sooner!

Are Richard's Lobos still going to make the dance?

Seems familiar with a bit of a struggle over there down the stretch.

SF loses to Santa Clara to finish 22-9(11-5) for 3rd place in the WCC. I thought they'd finish 4th, so I was wrong on that. But with that said, they aren't close to making the tournament.
I’m probably not following, but not a bad year. Maybe even a good year. Was there a thing on this board vs USF other than Gophers played them. Def no shame finishing behind Gonzaga and St Mary’s.

I noticed Loyola-Chicago knocked off Dayton last night, and had no idea Loyola is having a nice year. Drew Valentine is doing a solid job there. 32 years old. Sheesh.
He's done a pretty good job stewarding LUC from the Missouri Valley to the A10 on top of that that as well. Few rough patches with the step up in competition, but weathered the storm.

I’m probably not following, but not a bad year. Maybe even a good year. Was there a thing on this board vs USF other than Gophers played them. Def no shame finishing behind Gonzaga and St Mary’s.

I was pretty critical of CBJ during this particular game against SF. I said they wouldn't come close to making the tournament, others disagreed. Looking back on it, I was too harsh, but I just didn't think SF was all that good, and our performance was pretty bad against them. You're right no shame finishing behind Gonzaga and St Mary's for them.

Only saw the end, Winter didn’t play much?

His box score showed no FG attempts. He didn’t play much? If yes, did they say why?

Here’s Marcus Domask’s recruiting profile. He had two D1 offers out of HS -
S, Illinois
Green Bay

I was wrong. Thought they could channel the emotion but Illinois is really good at scoring the ball. Didn't catch the end, but I know Crowl sat most of the game with some really dumb fouls.

Haven't you noticed the incessant whining on this board over our non-conference schedule?

Last edited:

Haven't you noticed the incessant whining this board over our non-conference schedule?
For sure, I just never understood the shots at San Francisco. 71 kenpom just behind the Gophers. The other games absolutely hurt the Gophers, but that was not really one of them. I guess I've decided to go with CBJ banked on the team gel'ing as the conf schedule came around, which they've mostly done. It's really a nice turnaround, and the future is bright.

Top Bottom