2023-2024 College Basketball Other Games Thread

Mormons take down KU, at KU. Don't worry though, KU, UNCheat and Duke will still rise in the polls lol.

But what does that mean for tournament success? I’ve been burned badly a couple years in a row picking Mountain West teams.
Pressure is on MW to perform in the tournament. A lot of bids the last couple seasons, and San Diego State's Final 4 run is all they have. Everyone else has flopped.

But regardless, there's been a ton of great theater this season.

Pressure is on MW to perform in the tournament. A lot of bids the last couple seasons, and San Diego State's Final 4 run is all they have. Everyone else has flopped.

But regardless, there's been a ton of great theater this season.
I guess I see it differently. They've gotten more bids because they deserve them. With a win or go home set up, that's a big part of the magic of the tournament. San Diego State's Final 4 run and consistent play over recent years, along with movement up by a few other teams, has changed that league and I think we'll continue to see 3-4+ teams get bids every year. They may not be the same teams each year, but I think it will continue.

I guess I see it differently. They've gotten more bids because they deserve them. With a win or go home set up, that's a big part of the magic of the tournament. San Diego State's Final 4 run and consistent play over recent years, along with movement up by a few other teams, has changed that league and I think we'll continue to see 3-4+ teams get bids every year. They may not be the same teams each year, but I think it will continue.
Love Sprinkle's chances of winning the regular season. Air Force, @ San Jose St and finish at home against New Mexico. Geeze that dude wins.

I agree 100% they’ve deserved the bids.

Just saying someone needs to pick up the slack in NCAA to help SDSU.

Watching Auburn-Tennessee, and hadn't really looked that closely at Dalton Knecht's progression, so thought to look it up. Pretty amazing. Per Wikipedia. . .

Knecht grew up in Thornton, Colorado and attended Prairie View High School.[1] He entered his sophomore year at 5'8" and grew to 6'1" by his junior year.[2] Knecht averaged 21 points and 6.5 rebounds per game as a senior.[3]

Knecht began his college basketball career at Northeastern Junior College. He grew another two inches between his senior high school season and his first season with the Plainsmen.[2] Knecht averaged 13.3 points, 2.9 rebounds, and 1.1 assists per game as a freshman.[4] He averaged 23.9 points, 7.5 rebounds, and 2.0 assists per game as a sophomore.[5] Knecht grew another three inches during his time playing at Northeastern Junior College to bring his height to 6'6".[2] He committed to transfer to Northern Colorado to continue his college career.[4]

Knecht averaged 8.9 points and 3.6 rebounds per game in his first season with the Northern Colorado Bears.[6] As a senior, he led the Big Sky Conference with 20.2 points per game and averaged 7.2 rebounds per game.[7] After the season, Knecht decided to utilize the extra year of eligibility granted to college athletes who played in the 2020 season due to the coronavirus pandemic and entered the NCAA transfer portal.[8]

His Tennessee career sort of speaks for itself. . . .crazy.

NW wins on the road at Maryland minus two key players. It can be done.

But have to give Chris Collins credit for the coaching job he's done at Northwestern. Really has built a strong team in not an easy place to do it. . .

Oh yeah for sure. What he's done has been incredible there. I still don't understand how MD can be this bad with their roster. It's very puzzling.

Top Bottom