2023-2024 College Basketball Other Games Thread

I can’t stand watching Jaelen House. Selfish, and too often plays like he’s high on coke. So out of control most of the time. Plus he’s a flopper and a head-bobber.

New Mexico still has a lot of tough road games left. They could collpase similar to last year.

They have good talent and could pick of a team in march if they get there. But House and Mashburn are so ineffecient if refs let teams play(most of time in March they do) im guessing they shot UNM out of a game quickly and some power 5 team with size smokes em.

I didnt brag about anything. I used your logic of head to head

Congrats on saying the Gophs wouldnt win a game in the SEC though. I personally dont agree.

But you know, head to head. Your words, not mine.

So now you're bragging about the SEC because the Big East has been proven to be largely mediocre? Good for you.

Nope, Iowa lost to Creighton. The 3rd best team in the BE by every metric.

Check the standings.....or are you going to continue with this nonsense where records and wins and losses don't mean anything?

So now you're bragging about the SEC because the Big East has been proven to be largely mediocre? Good for you.

Check the standings.....or are you going to continue with this nonsense where records and wins and losses don't mean anything?

No im not bragging about the SEC. Im showing how dumb your argument was. You said head to head. Gophers lost to winless Mizzou at home correct? HEad to head matters. Thats you, not me saying that.

Classic, more proof the gophers badly need to turn things around so people like you can learn ball. Creighton, a projected 5 seed. That is what matters. But yeah, since you said head to head. Creighton also beat Seton Hall.

Wins and losses do matter. Creighton has more. And head to head.

GIve up, youre in so goddamn over your head.

They might literally fall to Q4

Fuck that would be bad
The things you guys obsess over. I couldn't care less about Missouri. Some guys here give updates on Missouri every game...the same guys who dislike Ben, of course.

And all this stuff about computer rankings 🤮. The NCAA knows that it's mostly bullshit...but they want endless talk about it for ratings/money. They know we love to obsess over computer rankings & stats & crap.

You're focusing on the wrong things!

Last edited:

I know CBJ and Rhodes both walked into having 1 scholarship player return. Those are the facts. Whatever happened after that happened.
Damn so Rhodes is the Benz then?
You conveniently fail to mention that Rhoades' returning player is his BY-FAR leading scorer.

While Ben inherited Ihnen.

I consider that to be lying. Purposely misleading.

You conveniently fail to mention that Rhoades' returning player is his BY-FAR leading scorer.

While Ben inherited Ihnen.

I consider that to be lying. Purposely misleading.

Huh? Where I have I lied? He didn't inherit Clary. He inherited him being in the portal. And he recruited him to stay. And yes, now he is PSU's leader scorer. I haven't mentioned that because it's not part of the discussion.

East
RankPrevSchoolRecordConf RecordQ1Q2Q3Q4
44UConn21-211-18-25-00-08-0
1111Marquette17-58-35-43-13-06-0
1919Creighton16-77-53-44-33-06-0
4342St. John's (NY)14-96-62-75-12-15-0
4847Villanova12-115-73-63-22-34-0
5050Xavier13-107-52-75-12-24-0
5151Butler15-86-63-73-12-06-0
5656Providence15-86-64-52-30-09-0
6767Seton Hall15-88-44-41-32-18-0
189189Georgetown8-141-100-80-41-17-1
312312DePaul3-200-120-100-60-13-3

Net rankings. Big East.

I know it takes a bit of study, so j douche and Strzoker won't grasp the visual.

Geez guys, how about a separate thread on BIG vs Big East. This is "Other games" thread. It's a pain in the ass scrolling thru your pissing contest looking for other game info.
Was about to post similar. Scrolled for a couple pages to find something about the UNLV-New Mexico game. Looking forward to today's games.

Arizona completely took Colorado apart last night on CU's home court, where I don't think CU had lost all year. Tommy Lloyd sure loads up the talent, and Caleb Love has looked a lot more comfortable there, vs N. Carolina.

Arizona completely took Colorado apart last night on CU's home court, where I don't think CU had lost all year. Tommy Lloyd sure loads up the talent, and Caleb Love has looked a lot more comfortable there, vs N. Carolina.

I don't think it's a coincidence that Gonzaga's slide(relative to what they've been the last 5 years or so) has coincided with him leaving. He's a great recruiter and evaluator of talent.

No im not bragging about the SEC. Im showing how dumb your argument was. You said head to head. Gophers lost to winless Mizzou at home correct? HEad to head matters. Thats you, not me saying that.

Classic, more proof the gophers badly need to turn things around so people like you can learn ball. Creighton, a projected 5 seed. That is what matters. But yeah, since you said head to head. Creighton also beat Seton Hall.

Wins and losses do matter. Creighton has more. And head to head.

GIve up, youre in so goddamn over your head.

All you're doing is proving that Big East is worse than every power conference (except maybe the Pac-12). But then again......metrics and records have already done that work for us. Bottom of the Big Ten beating up on the top of the Big East. Hate to see it.

Must be a bad match up for Colorado because they lost by 37 the 1st game as well.

Poor West Virginia. They miss the old sot. Just got annihilated yesterday by Texas.
Have yet to go on a 2 game win streak this year.

Don't be upset. The Big East is just an average to below average conference this year.
I would disagree with that. However, both the Big 10 and the Big East have the same amount, (3) ranked teams

I would disagree with that. However, both the Big 10 and the Big East have the same amount, (3) ranked teams

I'm just giving MUGopher shit. Think the Big Ten and Big East are pretty similar in that they have one team that is clearly better than everyone else and then a big mosh pit of decent/good teams that have the ability to stay competitive with better teams on most nights.

Further evidence the quad system is nonsense.

The USF game was considered "neutral" for the Gophers game but will be a home game for USF vs. Gonzaga?

Sounds like some sketchy maneuvering by the West Coast Conference.

Must be a bad match up for Colorado because they lost by 37 the 1st game as well.
Good point. I can't figure out Colorado. They have decent size, and I think that true freshman Cody Williams is high on NBA draft boards. Plus I've always thought da Silva is really good. I see Williams has been out with a wrist injury so that explains part of their recent struggles.

New Mexico still has a lot of tough road games left. They could collpase similar to last year.

They have good talent and could pick of a team in march if they get there. But House and Mashburn are so ineffecient if refs let teams play(most of time in March they do) im guessing they shot UNM out of a game quickly and some power 5 team with size smokes em.
Sounds familiar, the late season fade....

I don't think it's a coincidence that Gonzaga's slide(relative to what they've been the last 5 years or so) has coincided with him leaving. He's a great recruiter and evaluator of talent.
Nothing beats seeing the Zags beating Neutral Site Calipari. Too afraid to play them at the Kennel, but wanted the return game to be played at Rupp. Lost three in a row now at home, maybe he needs some conference games played at neutral sites.

None of that has anything to do with what I just said.

And referencing ppg kinda proves how little you know about basketball.

Clingan didnt even average 7 ppg last year. He was a massive piece on the best team in the country.
How does it feel to be the only one alive who knows anything about basketball?

Top Bottom