2022 Transfer Portal Discussion

Wow! Fast response. He just dropped yesterday. I guess that's not surprising. He's 7 foot and 260 lbs. He was second team All Patriot League, was a good shooter, and extremely good passer for a big man (4 assists per game).

Ben recruited a Lafayette transfer once with decent success. Can he do it again? There is also a very experienced Lafayette point guard who entered the transfer portal months ago but continued playing for the team until the end of the season.

Quinn is from New Jersey so Seton Hall might have an edge.

Transfer portal up to 215 now. Must have increased by about 60 players in the last two days.
Like Covid cases early on. Then eventually it’s so many that we become numb to the total and just focus on the future.

For sure. I’m sure Ben and co would like to add 4+ guys? Not sure if they are looking to add to the freshman class. I’d love to add some guys with multiple years of eligibility to help balance the classes a bit
I'm sure he'd love to grab some multiyear guys and some seniors to play big roles. Ain't currently many upperclassmen slated to be on the roster next year

Excellent thread and hope it doesn't stray. Going to be huge numbers who enter portal again this year. Until some other rule arrives, this is the norm and coaches/teams better adapt…..plug&play to complement smart prep recruiting.

Excellent thread and hope it doesn't stray. Going to be huge numbers who enter portal again this year. Until some other rule arrives, this is the norm and coaches/teams better adapt…..plug&play to complement smart prep recruiting.
Feel bad for mid majors, North Dakota will be losing the conference freshman of the year for the second year in a row.

Feel bad for mid majors, North Dakota will be losing the conference freshman of the year for the second year in a row.
That’s a tough job for a basketball coach. My son went to school there and as far as sports go I’m not sure most of the students know that they have a basketball program.

Transfers are a band aid trying to cover the large wound of poor recruiting.
It is not a good way to build a program.
NE's BB program is an example.

Top Bottom