2022 Transfer Portal Discussion

I can’t figure this one out…kid from Atlanta, attended SE Missouri State, transferring to Gardner-Webb (located in North Carolina) and his background is…the silhouette of the state of Minnesota?
View attachment 17962
Duh, where are the DQ home offices located?
Edit: I was of course screwing around, but any way it could be NIL?
2nd Edit: My first edit might be dumber than the wrong state silhouette.

Last edited:

I can’t figure this one out…kid from Atlanta, attended SE Missouri State, transferring to Gardner-Webb (located in North Carolina) and his background is…the silhouette of the state of Minnesota?
View attachment 17962
Maybe he's just not good at states and shapes or more likely the guy who made the graphic for him is an idiot. Or we are his dream school? He's begging Ben to recruit him? Dunno, pretty funny...
WAIT!!!! In the contest I said we'd have a recruit by this weekend. There we go,,,winner. winner. chicken dinner!

LOL!!!

OH THIS FUCKING SUCKS.... WHATEVER....

I'm so just at a loss ... Who the hell are we seriously targeting that we have a realistic chance to get, who will make an IMPACT for this club....

Weird profile. Began his freshman year as a starter, with a 21 point 4 rebound 4 steal 3/6 3PT game against Howard. Bounced in an out of the starting lineup, scoring double digits 20 times that year.

Then as a sophomore, never started and saw the floor less. Shooting % went from 45% to 41%. Finished the year with two scoreless games and only hit double figures 7 times.
Either women or drugs.

View attachment 17962
Interesting find coolhand, though I am a little disappointed you didn't post in Jim Anchower style. Hola amigos! I know it's been a while since I rapped at ya!

LOL!!!

OH THIS FUCKING SUCKS.... WHATEVER....

I'm so just at a loss ... Who the hell are we seriously targeting that we have a realistic chance to get, who will make an IMPACT for this club....
Crazy thought....let the process play out and see who we end up with.....

Nobody here is going to be able to answer the questions you asked because nobody here knows who we are talking to or how those players will do once they get here. A very small number of players have committed from the portal, no reason to panic at this point.

Nobody here is going to be able to answer the questions you asked because nobody here knows who we are talking to or how those players will do once they get here. A very small number of players have committed from the portal, no reason to panic at this point.
I agree, none of us have any ideas who they are actually talking to and there should not be panic right at this moment. However, it's fair to be getting more nervous day by day as we don't get any commits. We still have some incredibly big holes and I haven't heard of any real big fish on the line. So panic no, but concern yes.

My version of a positive outlook is that if the players that are already committed end up sucking, injured players aren’t the same caliber they once were, and the portal is a dud, we probably get to watch Battle jack up 25+ shots a night. And I’m at peace with that for another year.

But I don’t think any of those things will happen. We’ll end up with a couple of serviceable players that chose to be here, and we’ll tailor our offensive sets and defensive schemes around the skill BJ and team assemble.

I agree, none of us have any ideas who they are actually talking to and there should not be panic right at this moment. However, it's fair to be getting more nervous day by day as we don't get any commits. We still have some incredibly big holes and I haven't heard of any real big fish on the line. So panic no, but concern yes.
I get it, some get overly wrapped up in the process and struggle with the concept that it takes a while for these things to work themselves out. They see a commitment to another school and they start to worry even though there are still hundreds of players left in the portal and very few have signed.

Still comes back to the simple fact that just because WE aren't hearing about it doesn't mean things aren't happening. And the reality is that even after we get commitments we really aren't going to know what to expect from the team next year until we see those players on the court.

Put the plug in the jug; time to 🛑 your Saturday night TN Moonshine love making
Wasn't yesterday Sunday?? Twas the day of the lord down here in the bible belt . No shine for this fella... I actually spent the day butchering chickens...
But getting back to my comment.. I'm not concerned.. but we are connected to players who have done nothing that would impress me and say he's a B1G caliber STARTING point guard or whatever position... We don't need depth players.. we need some starters who can/will log serious minutes and help this team and let the younger guys grow and and flourish in Ben's system... Otherwise it's a repeat of this past season... Ben was hired on his recruiting "prowess".. I'm still waiting for that to show up...
With that said I'll just sit here and wait.... And wait.... And wait .. for that to happen

But isn’t that what we saw last off season.

Wasn't yesterday Sunday??
My Saturday nights always used to run into Early Sunday mornings back in my salad days.
Twas the day of the lord down here in the bible belt . No shine for this fella... I actually spent the day butchering chickens...
No Badgers?
But getting back to my comment.. I'm not concerned.. but we are connected to players who have done nothing that would impress me and say he's a B1G caliber STARTING point guard or whatever position..
The Pardue guy can be a good combo guard and quite frankly I’m fine with a guy who was a part-time starter/ rotational player for them.
. We don't need depth players.. we need some starters who can/will log serious minutes and help this team and let the younger guys grow and and flourish in Ben's system..
Garcia is one who does and there may well be others Volunteers on the way as well
. Otherwise it's a repeat of this past season... Ben was hired on his recruiting "prowess".. I'm still waiting for that to show up...
With that said I'll just sit here and wait.... And wait.... And wait .. for that to happen
My friend Tom can help you out, with this portion of the program -

One of the most accomplished centers in D1, Jake Stephens of VMI, just committed to Chattanooga. I know they have a good program but that's still a surprise.

One of the most accomplished centers in D1, Jake Stephens of VMI, just committed to Chattanooga. I know they have a good program but that's still a surprise.
The new Chattanooga coach is the old VMI coach, so that makes it a little less surprising. But, still surprising because I'm guessing he could've gone pretty much anywhere he wanted.

But getting back to my comment.. I'm not concerned.. but we are connected to players who have done nothing that would impress me and say he's a B1G caliber STARTING point guard or whatever position... We don't need depth players.. we need some starters who can/will log serious minutes and help this team and let the younger guys grow and and flourish in Ben's system...

Well, don't give up hope yet. Let's consider Payton Willis for a moment. Willis was a pretty mediocre player in his first two years at Vanderbilt. Then he transferred here and sat out a year. When he played here the first time, he was just fair. Then he transferred to College of Charleston and had a good year. Then, he transferred back here and had the best year of his career and was honorable mention All Big Ten.

Give a player some age, experience, additional confidence, and put him in the right situation and he may surprise you.

My Saturday nights always used to run into Early Sunday mornings back in my salad days.

No Badgers?

The Pardue guy can be a good combo guard and quite frankly I’m fine with a guy who was a part-time starter/ rotational player for them.

Garcia is one who does and there may well be others Volunteers on the way as well

My friend Tom can help you out, with this portion of the program -

Lol no badgers where I'm at.. just bobcats, mountain lions, bear, copperheads, black widow's, and brown recluse... Oh I almost forgot hornets the size of your fist ..

I'm fine with the the Purdue guy, but he's being labeled as impact... He has yet to be impactful in his college career.. yes that could change but there is very little evidence to show that will change ..

Garcia has been rumored along with Walton... Still nothing.. crickets if you will...

I love Tom petty... But if you wanna listen to some great tunes.. check out Reverend Peytons Big Damn Band... Especially the song We deserve a happy ending.. as us gopher rubes have been through hell... Especially with this bball program and we deserve a happy ending

The new Chattanooga coach is the old VMI coach, so that makes it a little less surprising. But, still surprising because I'm guessing he could've gone pretty much anywhere he wanted.

Thanks for the info! I guess that's understandable then. But, yeah, he could have gone to a much higher level program. It wasn't like he was completely under the radar; ESPN ranked him as #16 among their top 100 transfers.

Garcia has been rumored along with Walton... Still nothing.. crickets if you will...

It's strange that Garcia hasn't entered the portal given the circumstances. That naturally leads to speculation about whether something else is up. Could it be that he's not sure that he wants to play in the upcoming season? Could it be that he may have an academic eligibility problem?

It's strange that Garcia hasn't entered the portal given the circumstances. That naturally leads to speculation about whether something else is up. Could it be that he's not sure than he wants to play in the upcoming season? Could it be that he may have an academic eligibility problem?
Well the academic standards and practices are much different at n.c. for athletes

Commitments are coming in at a higher rate now. Of the 37 updates on Verbal Commits over the last day, 31 have been commits.
Commitments have definitely started to pick up but it is still a small percentage of the total players in the portal that have found new homes.

Top Bottom