2022 NCAA Tournament Thread

The first weekend of this tournament was great. This has since quickly become the least interested I've ever been in the last two weekends. The Final Four is enough to make me puke.

Also, I know it won't happen, but at what point does Matt Painter start to get a little uneasy? I really like Purdue, but their tournament performances back to the Jujaun Johnson, Hummel, Moore era have been completely uninspiring. Save for one decent run where Carsen Edwards was insane, they never play above their seed. How that team lost to St. Peter's the other night is criminal. That game plan and performance was just awful. It's being proven today. If they didn't make the FF this year, they never will.

The first weekend of this tournament was great. This has since quickly become the least interested I've ever been in the last two weekends. The Final Four is enough to make me puke.

Also, I know it won't happen, but at what point does Matt Painter start to get a little uneasy? I really like Purdue, but their tournament performances back to the Jujaun Johnson, Hummel, Moore era have been completely uninspiring. Save for one decent run where Carsen Edwards was insane, they never play above their seed. How that team lost to St. Peter's the other night is criminal. That game plan and performance was just awful. It's being proven today. If they didn't make the FF this year, they never will.
Keady made it 25 years with no Final Fours.

Agreed, was so fun early on but now just disgusting. Not sure I'll even watch from here on out. Really hope Villanova wins, but that looks unlikely now.

My bracket is done - 1 of 8 in elite 8 called correctly (KS), 0 of 4 in the final 4. Worst ever. What is embarrassing is that I actually "studied" a bit this year - watched the bracket shows, scouted some YouTube videos, visited some websites. Multiple hours of wasted effort - never again.

I watched a stupid amount of college basketball this year. Believe it or not.....I saw at least one St. Peters game prior to the tournament. Fact is that in a one game elimination bracket.....knowledge of the teams only goes so far.

In the end...I picked the wrong race horses. The left side of the bracket was far weaker imo. I ended up picking Kentucky. Whoops. Left side.....I though (and still think) that Arizona was the best team. Mathurin and Koloko were the best two star combo of any team imo.

I saw a lot of the Big East this year. Personally....I think this is the weakest Big East in years. Villanova in the Final Four was a gift. They didn't have to play either Tennessee or Arizona to get there. Both teams that I thought were way better.

Only a few things that I predicted went the same way. I had no Big Ten team reaching the Elite Eight. Also saw enough of Gonzaga to know that they weren't the same team as last year. Had Arkansas beating them the the Sweet 16.

Not sure if it has to do with Painter...or the general makeup of the team....but Purdue was a flawed team all year. When Stefanovic wasn't nailing threes....they got very one dimensional. Either Ivey needed to drive the rim or Edey needed to get the ball within a couple feet of the hoop. Not to mention that they were a really crumby free throw shooting team.

Still think that Illinois was the best team in the Big Ten. Or at least had the most potential. But Cockburn looked uninterested and Curbello regressed a bunch since last year.

Seems like we get a day like this every year in the tournament. Sometimes in the sweet 16, sometimes elite 8 but for whatever reason the double digit seeds come back to earth and we get some one sided games. Doesn’t change the fact that March Madness is the best and most unpredictable sporting event there is.

Kerwin Walton got on the floor for a minute at the very end of the game. Hope that there's a chance he transfers back here.

TThat final four is crazy. All of the prototypical elite teams are in there. Yucky feel to it though they earned it so not going to hate. Just sucks that the big dogs are big dogging one one will win it all. I'm actually rooting for Duke at this point just for the legendary end to coach K's career. Don't think we will see that again, a legend in his final season getting the big one.

Not sure if it has to do with Painter...or the general makeup of the team....but Purdue was a flawed team all year. When Stefanovic wasn't nailing threes....they got very one dimensional. Either Ivey needed to drive the rim or Edey needed to get the ball within a couple feet of the hoop. Not to mention that they were a really crumby free throw shooting team.

Still think that Illinois was the best team in the Big Ten. Or at least had the most potential. But Cockburn looked uninterested and Curbello regressed a bunch since last year.
Your description of Purdue is about how I felt about Illinois all year. I never trusted them to do anything and was completely unsurprised at how they went out. I thought Purdue had the right pieces and would put it together, especially after the way their region fell apart. Losing to St. Peter's in that game was nearly a fireable offense, IMO. But you're right, they couldn't shoot in that game. And Ivey played like a complete spaz. I can't believe how bad he was. They all just fell apart.

Final 4 is a bit of a letdown after what was a pretty fun first couple weeks of the tournament. Lot of been there done that in the current crop of 4.

That said, the games should be pretty evenly matched (Nova losing a key guy to injury) is unfortunate). Nova is probably the most likable of the bunch but on some level I wouldn't mind seeing Coach K go out on top.

Final 4 is a bit of a letdown after what was a pretty fun first couple weeks of the tournament. Lot of been there done that in the current crop of 4.

That said, the games should be pretty evenly matched (Nova losing a key guy to injury) is unfortunate). Nova is probably the most likable of the bunch but on some level I wouldn't mind seeing Coach K go out on top.
No, just no.

Does Nance and Company still call the games even though they are on TBS?

(Get ready for grown men to cream in their jeans if Duke wins it all)

When everything shakes out we end up with the same old boring blue bloods once again.

I doubt I will pay much attention to the final four as none of these teams interest me.

When everything shakes out we end up with the same old boring blue bloods once again.

I doubt I will pay much attention to the final four as none of these teams interest me.
I will tune in for the games like usual. But won't pay any real attention to the buildup leading up to the games because it is a lot of the same old same old with the teams involved and we all know it is going to be a massive Coach K love fest.

Don't really care who comes out on top, just hope the games are close and entertaining. All the potential interesting story lines died this weekend and the whole Duke/UNC thing does nothing for me.

Just asking for a friend, what should a noted Duke hater do when they have now placed said person in position for winning their Bracket?

Hypothetically...

Just asking for a friend, what should a noted Duke hater do when they have now placed said person in position for winning their Bracket?

Hypothetically...
That is kind of a win/win situation. You have a justified reason for being ok with them winning since it won you money. And if they lose you have an extra reason to hate them because they cost. you money. :)

They've been doing this since Gene Keady. In 88, had the #1 seed, lost to Kansas State who they beat by 25 earlier that season.

Top Bottom