2022 NCAA Tournament Thread

Surprised 9 teams made from B1G after their poor showing from last year
The Big Ten is excellent and got screwed with the lower seedings.
Despite this they will accumulate many victories and have multiple teams in the elite 8!

When decision makers decide your whole conference is quad 1, and everyone else is a 3 this what you get .

When your 14th place team in your conference sweeps their non-conference schedule, suddenly it's hard to find really bad losses.

Minnesota's NET is 108.

Wouldn’t be surprised if Chattanooga beats Illinois
all depends on if De Sousa can stay out of foul trouble and slow Cockburn. If he can't they'll get killed. They were pretty drive heavy vs Furman and would imagine they'll have trouble with Illinois size. Though anything can happen in one game, I'd take the Illini

Once again,the Big Ten Propaganda machine (BIG TEN NETWORK) has worked to perfection.
They have the whole country believing they are a great conference.
NOT ME,THIS CONFERENCE SUCKS,RESULTS OVER NEXT 2 WEEKS WILL PROVE ME RIGHT.
I think you're living in 2021. This is a new year.

Once again,the Big Ten Propaganda machine (BIG TEN NETWORK) has worked to perfection.
They have the whole country believing they are a great conference.
NOT ME,THIS CONFERENCE SUCKS,RESULTS OVER NEXT 2 WEEKS WILL PROVE ME RIGHT.
Why are you so mad?

Feels like a really wide open field. Gonzaga and Arizona seem like the teams to beat but nobody feels untouchable.

Don't have high hopes for a good showing from the Big Ten but Purdue, Wisconsin and Iowa seem like they got decent draws.

Feels like a really wide open field. Gonzaga and Arizona seem like the teams to beat but nobody feels untouchable.

Don't have high hopes for a good showing from the Big Ten but Purdue, Wisconsin and Iowa seem like they got decent draws.
I still think of Purdue as a team that was ranked in the top 5 at one point, and they're still the same team as they were then.

I still think of Purdue as a team that was ranked in the top 5 at one point, and they're still the same team as they were then.
Purdue and Iowa are the two teams I have the most faith in from the Big Ten. If Iowa is on with their shooting they can pile up points quickly. Illinois is another that has a good mix of size and shooters who could cause problems for a lot of teams. But they are just so inconsistent it is hard to have a ton of faith in them.

Wisconsin with their draw could find their way to the Sweet 16 but have been very underwhelmed by them this season and won't be shocked to see them exit quickly.

Edit - of course having said that, my bracket is almost always decimated by the second weekend so the final 4 will probably be all teams from the Big Ten :)

Love to see the Vegas odds. Michigan is favored over 6 seed Colorado state, Providence is only 2 point favorites over 12 seeded South Dakota State. Loyola Chicago a 1 seed favorite over 10 seed Ohio state.

I think we can close this thread. Arizona beats Arkansas. Of course given my Nostradamus like future telling skills they won't even play each other and someone else wins. So, I guess we can keep this thread open.

Anyway, that is my pick.

I also have Rutgers beating Duke as the farthest advancing BIG team. I live by the seat of my pants!!!! Took me a grand total of 45 seconds to fill out my bracket, so my picks could get quite comical.

Brad Underwood: Now, it's time for rest and why we really play.

:love: :clap: :love: :clap: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Purdue and Iowa are the two teams I have the most faith in from the Big Ten. If Iowa is on with their shooting they can pile up points quickly. Illinois is another that has a good mix of size and shooters who could cause problems for a lot of teams. But they are just so inconsistent it is hard to have a ton of faith in them.

Wisconsin with their draw could find their way to the Sweet 16 but have been very underwhelmed by them this season and won't be shocked to see them exit quickly.

Edit - of course having said that, my bracket is almost always decimated by the second weekend so the final 4 will probably be all teams from the Big Ten :)
We think alike.

Michigan is a national elite in athletics. If they can't do better than 17-14 they shouldn't get in.
There clearly one of the best 68 teams, they deserve to go, did they underachieve, yeah, but lets be real all nine big ten teams would mop the floor on the Don Juans of San Francisco, what was their best win this year UAB and they're a 10 seed?

There clearly one of the best 68 teams, they deserve to go, did they underachieve, yeah, but lets be real all nine big ten teams would mop the floor on the Don Juans of San Francisco, what was their best win this year UAB and they're a 10 seed?

I don't know how you can be so sure of that. After all, Purdue couldn't beat North Texas, Ohio State couldn't beat Oral Roberts, and Illinois couldn't beat Loyola Chicago last March. The Big Ten had 9 teams in the tournament last year and only one of them advanced past the round of 32.

The goal of the NCAA tournament isn't to "get the 68 best teams in the country." If that were the case, they wouldn't give automatic bids to every conference; all participants would be invited. The goal of the tournament is to get the best teams in the country in the tournament and to provide some representation to teams across the country. There is no way to know which of the teams are the 68 best in the country anyway. If you think those indexes provide a solid answer to that question, you are very naive. Those indexes have built-in biases.

I still maintain that if a program like Michigan can't do better than 17-14 on the season, they shouldn't make the tournament. Give their spot to some team that actually achieved something this season.

I'll use the Sagarin index to illustrate a point (most of these indexes are highly correlated anyway so it doesn't matter much which one you use). Below are the top 4 teams in the country in terms of schedule ranking (as I've said before, there's is an inherent bias in these but I'll use one anyway):

TeamScheduleScheduleSeason
RankRatingRecord
Michigan
1​
82.32​
17-14
Alabama
2​
81.96​
19-13
Michigan State
3​
81.87​
22-12
Kansas
4​
81.52​
28-6

Now, some would look at Michigan's schedule ranking and claim that they deserved to make the tournament by virtue of having a winning record against the toughest schedule in the country. But, if you look at these schedule ratings you'd see that there is no significant difference between them and the other three teams accomplished a lot more with their schedule difficulty than Michigan.

Last edited:

Indiana doesn't belong, so they get a home game

Last edited:

Indiana will beat St Mary’s
On one hand, Indiana took care of business against Wyoming, beating them by more than the number of points I would've predicted. That said, they didn't look very sharp...although some of that was due to the Cowboy defense, which was very good.

Top Bottom