2022-23 Gopher Hockey Season

This is a contender against a pretender. Domination. Now do the same tomorrow night. Obviously the same score is not realistic but it should be a comfortable win if they play 60.

Now this is how we are supposed to play. I hope Motzko's message has been heard! No letting down here on out.

Glad the #2 goalie is getting some time!

This is a contender against a pretender. Domination. Now do the same tomorrow night. Obviously the same score is not realistic but it should be a comfortable win if they play 60.
Yeah, no noticable lull in play tonight. Two sweeps would be nice to head into the tourneys.

No letdowns. No Barto. #1 overall pairwise is the primary goal over the conf. tournament title.
Don't know why it would be either/or, but I'd rather have the tournament title than number 1 pairwise. We get a banner for the conference tourney, and I'm not convinced the top seed matters that much. I think 2017 is the last time the number 1 overall seed won the natty, so it's not like it dramatically increases our chances.

Don't know why it would be either/or, but I'd rather have the tournament title than number 1 pairwise. We get a banner for the conference tourney, and I'm not convinced the top seed matters that much. I think 2017 is the last time the number 1 overall seed won the natty, so it's not like it dramatically increases our chances.
If you are one overall you play the obvious worst team in the first round. That is an advantage.

Also I didn't think we hang banners for conference tourney do we?
Winning the B1G tourney is definitely a great feat and I won't downplay it, but I've seen us win that multiple times in recent years. I haven't seen a national title in 20 years. Give me the big trophy.

It dramatically increases our frozen four chances as it gives us basically a first round layup (no I do not need to be reminded of Holy Cross).

Not a layup but an easier match-up especially as some 4 seeds are very hot coming off tourney wins to get in

If you are one overall you play the obvious worst team in the first round. That is an advantage.
I agree it's an advantage, but it doesn't seem like that big of one because number 1 overall seeds arent regularly winning it all. Don't get me wrong, I'd like to have it, but I don't think being one of the other 1 seeds would affect my thoughts on our likelihood of winning the natty that much.

I agree it's an advantage, but it doesn't seem like that big of one because number 1 overall seeds arent regularly winning it all. Don't get me wrong, I'd like to have it, but I don't think being one of the other 1 seeds would affect my thoughts on our likelihood of winning the natty that much.
It's not about winning it all... It's about having a much better match-up in round one rather than essentially 4 coin flips in a row.

If you think playing a team like Mankato and a team like RIT in the first round is similar I don't know what to tell you.

Also I didn't think we hang banners for conference tourney do we?
Winning the B1G tourney is definitely a great feat and I won't downplay it, but I've seen us win that multiple times in recent years. I haven't seen a national title in 20 years. Give me the big trophy.
I believe they do hang a conference tournament championship banner.

Top overall seed is better fir the Gophers than the conference tournament championship. If Michigan slides into spot 2 or 3 in the pair wise, we'd avoid them until the title game if we both advanced that far.

Luke Hughes misses today's outdoor game with an injury and now the entire college hockey community waits for more info.

But they're not inconsistent.

Tonight's theme: missing the net

But they are good enough to rescue at least 0.5 of a pairwise win. Looking for 0.66

Gophers get a win and an OT win in a tough road environment without the best defenseman in the country and another high end d man. Meanwhile the beat team in the country who will never lose now that they have Frank Nazar gets a loss and a tie against a run of the mill Ohio state team. Also the ultra consistent BU has now lost 4 in a row.

Go gophers

This team is scary good and freshman led.
sweep.gif

Top Bottom