2022-23 Gopher Hockey Season

Where did you see that.
He's only missing the first couple days. Probably just because he's on the team no matter what. But Gopher fans are a bit more sensitive to anything out of the ordinary during WJC time.

He's only missing the first couple days. Probably just because he's on the team no matter what. But Gopher fans are a bit more sensitive to anything out of the ordinary during WJC time.
My best friends sisters boyfriend saw him at 21 flavors with Bill Armstrong so maybe he’s going pro.

Would people be interested in a WJC thread? I'm gonna want to talk about it in some group and figured this would be the best one plus a few gophers playing makes it semi-related.

Count me in. I probably won't get to watch as much as I prefer, so having updates and analysis would be great, especially for our 3 guys.

The Lucius brothers are both engaged to Kardashians.

Here's how former/could-be Gophers are doing. Some of these decommitted well ahead of time but interesting to see.

5th year:
Cruikshank - 13-8-21 in 20GP at SCSU
Burke - 11-6-17 in 24GP at BGSU
Stucker - 2-7-9 in 20GP at Vermont
Brinkman - 2-1-3 in 20GP at ND
Wait - Injured at UMass, career likely over

4th year:
Sorenson - 7-7-14 in 22GP at Alaska
Perbix - 3-8-11 in 22GP at WMU
Moe - .912 sv% in 19 games at uw

3rd year:
Boltmann - 1-2-3 in 22GP at ND
Bohlsen - 1-0-1 in 12GP at UNO

2nd year:
Ch. Lucius - 2-3-5 in 12GP in AHL. Sent down to WHL Portland...
Broz - 5-9-14 in 22GP at DU
Jensen - 2-4-6 in 12GP at ASU
Boynton - 1GP at AIC

1st year:
Cr. Lucius - 8-15-23 in 22GP at uw
Miller - 7-5-12 in 15GP at Harvard
Braccini - 4-7-11 in 16GP at UST

Feels weird saying this, but a Michigan sweep over Ohio State would be big for us in the Big Ten standings, which we currently have a stranglehold on. Second place Penn State is traveling to East Lansing. If we can get MSU to get a split with them I'll be very pleased.

Penn State and Ohio State look like the only teams who could realistically catch us. Michigan will be a factor on the national stage but has likely dug themselves too big of a hole in the B10 race. MSU I fully expect to continue crashing down to earth and will not be a factor in the conference race. Wisconsin continues to delight me with how awful they are.

Any way you spin it, it would take a very bad second half for us to not be B10 regular season champs this year.

Gophers should be able to take care of their own business and win the conference with the lead they have. With that in mind I'd prefer UM to lose every game possible rather than getting on a roll going into the tournament because they are a title contender regardless of where they finish in the Big Ten standings.

Won't start the game thread yet, but this could be a crazy one against UM...

Frank Nazar might make his debut. If UM is full strength, it's going to be a totally different team than the one the Gophers swept.

On an overall season note, the Gophers need to keep winning and try to finish ahead of SCSU and DU in the pairwise because it's possible UND doesn't make the tournament and then the top of those teams would likely land in Fargo with Whioux fans offloading tickets for cheap.

Won't start the game thread yet, but this could be a crazy one against UM...

Frank Nazar might make his debut. If UM is full strength, it's going to be a totally different team than the one the Gophers swept.

On an overall season note, the Gophers need to keep winning and try to finish ahead of SCSU and DU in the pairwise because it's possible UND doesn't make the tournament and then the top of those teams would likely land in Fargo with Whioux fans offloading tickets for cheap.
This is going to be fun. Two of the likely 5 best teams in the country. I love beating Michigan regardless of who's in their lineup, but beating a full strength Wolverine team would be a lot more satisfying. Can't wait to be in the crowd Saturday night.

Good point about the Fargo region, would be fun to take over that arena.

Last weekend was a good one for the B10 standings. We picked up another point on OSU, and 2 points on PSU, the only teams with a realistic shot at catching us, although really nobody should. OSU is likely to pick up 6 points in Madison this weekend so we need at least a split with the ugly helmets to keep things from getting too close for comfort. Penn State has Notre Dame at home which presents them with a good opportunity to get a couple wins as well.

Unfortunately the Gophers may be the shorthanded ones this weekend. Doesn't sound great regarding Mittelstadt.

Obviously I’d love to have Broz but the article Pittsburgh wrote makes it sound like he was a bit of a whiner.

Other contenders with big losses as well, DU seems to be most healthy at the moment:
UMN: Mittelstadt
UM: Nazar (still unclear if he'll play this year)
SCSU: Anhorn (out for year)

As Bonin21 bings up a fair bit. Man what could have been an unstoppable force is now a top heavy very good team.

As Bonin21 bings up a fair bit. Man what could have been an unstoppable force is now a top heavy very good team.
Didn't realize bonin runs that twitter account. While we're at it imagine if Ben Meyers and Sampo Ranta had stayed for all of their eligibility!

Top Bottom