2022-2023 College Basketball Other Games Thread

Crazy ending. They’re calling a flagrant on a New Mexico player. It’s the right call but he was also being fouled before that. Pitino was not happy.

He was absolutely getting mugged prior. But in the end....he threw his elbow and then pushed one of Nevada's players. Just not smart.

Actually hoping for a good game from good teamt in Rutgers and State Penn.

Georgetown is ending their streak tonight....Thank God the Gophers have that one power 5 win so we don't challenge it...

Emoni Bates scored 43 points on 15/23 shooting in a losing effort. His team is 4-16 but he is showing promise. Wish BenJo had offered him.

How is this Iowa St vs K State game only on ESPN U?

Certain games are selected prior to the season starting. Like Big Monday/Super Tuesday. ESPN picked UNC/Cuse prior to the season because of two big brands and ISU and KSU projected to be bad. Honestly, it wouldn't surprise me if UNC/Cuse got better ratings than ISU/KSU despite the quality of the teams

Certain games are selected prior to the season starting. Like Big Monday/Super Tuesday. ESPN picked UNC/Cuse prior to the season because of two big brands and ISU and KSU projected to be bad. Honestly, it wouldn't surprise me if UNC/Cuse got better ratings than ISU/KSU despite the quality of the teams

Well of course UNC/Cuse got better ratings, they were on ESPN and the other was on ESPNU.

Iowa St with a big win.
Fun game to watch. The teams showed great ball movement, penetration to the basket, points in the paint, and three point shooting (9 of 16 by K-State). Hope Ben and his staff were watching and taking notes. And another good game by Gabe (19 points on 7 of 11 field goals). All before 14,267 fans in Ames; oh for those days again.

Fun game to watch. The teams showed great ball movement, penetration to the basket, points in the paint, and three point shooting (9 of 16 by K-State). Hope Ben and his staff were watching and taking notes. And another good game by Gabe (19 points on 7 of 11 field goals). All before 14,267 fans in Ames; oh for those days again.
I watched some but was working so not exactly focused. Couple of nice teams. The shooting and crowd stood out.

I certainly wish Gabe had stayed since it appears he has regained his shooting touch but it wasn’t due to lack of opportunity that he had 2 miserable shooting years here and last year at Iowa St. was not stellar either.

I certainly wish Gabe had stayed since it appears he has regained his shooting touch but it wasn’t due to lack of opportunity that he had 2 miserable shooting years here and last year at Iowa St. was not stellar either.
Defense gave him the chance to gain confidence in his shooting...so far.

Caught the highlights of last night's Texas/Iowa State game. Packed house, fans going crazy, two ranked teams. Carr and Kalscheur made the right choice in leaving Minneapolis.
I was thinking about Gabe during last night's ISU/KSU game. He came to the Gophers thinking he could win here, and he transferred to Iowa State because he felt he could win there. Same with Carr and Texas. The concern, of course, is that we'll lose part of our current roster in the off season for the same reason: figuring they need to go somewhere else to win.

Top Bottom