2022-2023 College Basketball Other Games Thread

BTChamp

Reaction score
What is with shitsconsin's disgusting unis?

GopherJack

Reaction score
Caught the highlights of last night's Texas/Iowa State game. Packed house, fans going crazy, two ranked teams. Carr and Kalscheur made the right choice in leaving Minneapolis.

BTChamp

Reaction score
Rutgers #4 and his black leotards is a bit different.

BleedGopher

Reaction score
Loyola Marymount beat No. 6 Gonzaga, 68-67, in Spokane on Thursday.

Why it matters: The upset snapped Gonzaga's 76-game home win streak, which was the longest since Lamar won 80 straight between 1978-84.
  • It also snapped the Zags' 83-game win streak against unearned opponents, the second-longest in D-I history.
  • Gonzaga’s streak of 36 straight wins in the month of January also ended.
Go Gophers!!

jblass

Reaction score
New Mexico vs Boise State today at 10:00pm on FS1.

LongLiveMilesTarver

Reaction score
Loyola Marymount beat No. 6 Gonzaga, 68-67, in Spokane on Thursday.

Why it matters: The upset snapped Gonzaga's 76-game home win streak, which was the longest since Lamar won 80 straight between 1978-84.
  • It also snapped the Zags' 83-game win streak against unearned opponents, the second-longest in D-I history.
  • Gonzaga’s streak of 36 straight wins in the month of January also ended.
Go Gophers!!
We all know the "mane" reason the fighting leapepe's won.

GopherJack

Reaction score
Mashburn with 16 points (3 - 3 pointers). Boise State and New Mexico all tied up at 42. early in the second half.

SelectionSunday

Reaction score
What a game! New Mexico wins 81-79 in OT. Mashburn had a great game.
One of the best games of the season. Well played by both squads, tons of clutch shots. Similar to Purdue-MSU a few days ago, but more scoring.

One of those “cliche” neither team deserved to lose games. My goodness does New Mexico have some guards, and not just Mash & House.

GopherWeatherGuy

Reaction score
One of the best games of the season. Well played by both squads, tons of clutch shots. Similar to Purdue-MSU a few days ago, but more scoring.

One of those “cliche” neither team deserved to lose games. My goodness does New Mexico have some guards, and not just Mash & House.

It was a highly entertaining game. Also depressing at how far behind we are of two MWC teams, including one with our former coach in his 2nd year.

Reaction score

I’m glad Pitino is finding success at New Mexico. They are a fun team to watch and root for.

GopherJack

Reaction score
Yes, kind of depressing to see Mashburn, Kalscheur, and Carr having great years, on good teams playing in front of packed houses.

bga1

Reaction score
Yes, kind of depressing to see Mashburn, Kalscheur, and Carr having great years, on good teams playing in front of packed houses.
That is why you had better have a darn good plan in place when you fire a coach in this portal market. Some of us predicted this might happen before Pitino was fired. I'm not saying he didn't deserve firing. Our followup plan put us where we are today- mired at the bottom and wondering what happened.

jblass

Reaction score
Mashburn played 43 minutes, had 25 points, 7 rebounds, and 2 assists in the win against Boise State. For the season he is shooting 40.6% from beyond the arc.

Last edited:

stocker08

Reaction score

Those guys were all leaving regardless. The alternative would have been keeping Pitino.

Also....OSU going to beat Iowa at home.

UpAndUnder43

Reaction score
Another Buckeye L tonight! 5 in a row. Now 2-5 in league play, 13th in the conference. Yikes!
And they beat Iowa today to move to 3-5. Every B1G team has at least 3 conference wins but 1.

tOSU with a tough upcoming 4 games.

stocker08

Reaction score
And Zed Key hurts himself again with only about 20 second left in the game. Whoops.

jblass

Reaction score
Those guys were all leaving regardless. The alternative would have been keeping Pitino.

The way things are looking at the moment, the alternative might have been the better choice.

UpAndUnder43

Reaction score
Firing Pitino was the right decision. But like I have stated before it doesn’t mean the subsequent hire will be the right decision.

Easiest comparison is Mason-Brewster. The two decisions are independent of each other.

bga1

Reaction score

So you are saying a big name coach wouldn't have been able to re-recruit Mashburn and a few others? A big name coach wouldn't have gotten a better roster by now? ok.

howeda7

Reaction score
So you are saying a big name coach wouldn't have been able to re-recruit Mashburn and a few others? A big name coach wouldn't have gotten a better roster by now? ok.
Different era I know, but Tubby barely had to say anything to keep Hoffarber and Al Nolen committed.

PhiloVance

Reaction score
Different era I know, but Tubby barely had to say anything to keep Hoffarber and Al Nolen committed.
To me Tubby lived his career off taking over a Pitino recruited championship Kentucky team to the championship.

stocker08

Reaction score

What "big name" coaches did the Gophers have a realistic shot at bringing in? Musselman is the only one that I can think of.....and he was a long shot, imo.

Mashburn seemed pretty intent on following Pitino. Carr wanted to play for an immediate contender. Robbins looked to be going wherever his uncle was. Maybe a "big name" coach keeps one or two of those guys.....but we didn't have a "big name" coach on the list.

Gopher_In_NYC

Reaction score
Jackson-Davis is just abusing Sparty in the first half - wow is he fun to watch

GophersInIowa

Reaction score
Boo got kicked hard in his Buie.

This might be Collins best coaching job.

LongLiveMilesTarver

Reaction score
I enjoyed the Virginia tech guy hitting the potential game winner and fist pumping into filipowski's throat in celebration. Common sense prevails and no flagrant is assessed.

BTChamp

Reaction score
Boo got kicked hard in his Buie.

This might be Collins best coaching job.
From the Woogisms:

Paul Martin had blocked a shot with his groin, then – understandably – limps off the ice rather slowly.
Frank (trying to be demure): “Martin got hit in the, ah, lower abdomen”…. Doug (gleefully): “Looks like Paulie took one in the toast there!”

Top Bottom