2022-2023 College Basketball Other Games Thread

What is with shitsconsin's disgusting unis?

Caught the highlights of last night's Texas/Iowa State game. Packed house, fans going crazy, two ranked teams. Carr and Kalscheur made the right choice in leaving Minneapolis.

Rutgers #4 and his black leotards is a bit different.

Loyola Marymount beat No. 6 Gonzaga, 68-67, in Spokane on Thursday.

Why it matters: The upset snapped Gonzaga's 76-game home win streak, which was the longest since Lamar won 80 straight between 1978-84.
  • It also snapped the Zags' 83-game win streak against unearned opponents, the second-longest in D-I history.
  • Gonzaga’s streak of 36 straight wins in the month of January also ended.
Go Gophers!!

New Mexico vs Boise State today at 10:00pm on FS1.

Loyola Marymount beat No. 6 Gonzaga, 68-67, in Spokane on Thursday.

Why it matters: The upset snapped Gonzaga's 76-game home win streak, which was the longest since Lamar won 80 straight between 1978-84.
  • It also snapped the Zags' 83-game win streak against unearned opponents, the second-longest in D-I history.
  • Gonzaga’s streak of 36 straight wins in the month of January also ended.
Go Gophers!!
We all know the "mane" reason the fighting leapepe's won.

Mashburn with 16 points (3 - 3 pointers). Boise State and New Mexico all tied up at 42. early in the second half.

What a game! New Mexico wins 81-79 in OT. Mashburn had a great game.
One of the best games of the season. Well played by both squads, tons of clutch shots. Similar to Purdue-MSU a few days ago, but more scoring.

One of those “cliche” neither team deserved to lose games. My goodness does New Mexico have some guards, and not just Mash & House.

One of the best games of the season. Well played by both squads, tons of clutch shots. Similar to Purdue-MSU a few days ago, but more scoring.

One of those “cliche” neither team deserved to lose games. My goodness does New Mexico have some guards, and not just Mash & House.

It was a highly entertaining game. Also depressing at how far behind we are of two MWC teams, including one with our former coach in his 2nd year.

I’m glad Pitino is finding success at New Mexico. They are a fun team to watch and root for.

Yes, kind of depressing to see Mashburn, Kalscheur, and Carr having great years, on good teams playing in front of packed houses.

Yes, kind of depressing to see Mashburn, Kalscheur, and Carr having great years, on good teams playing in front of packed houses.
That is why you had better have a darn good plan in place when you fire a coach in this portal market. Some of us predicted this might happen before Pitino was fired. I'm not saying he didn't deserve firing. Our followup plan put us where we are today- mired at the bottom and wondering what happened.

Mashburn played 43 minutes, had 25 points, 7 rebounds, and 2 assists in the win against Boise State. For the season he is shooting 40.6% from beyond the arc.

Last edited:

Those guys were all leaving regardless. The alternative would have been keeping Pitino.

Also....OSU going to beat Iowa at home.

Another Buckeye L tonight! 5 in a row. Now 2-5 in league play, 13th in the conference. Yikes!
And they beat Iowa today to move to 3-5. Every B1G team has at least 3 conference wins but 1.

tOSU with a tough upcoming 4 games.

And Zed Key hurts himself again with only about 20 second left in the game. Whoops.

Those guys were all leaving regardless. The alternative would have been keeping Pitino.

The way things are looking at the moment, the alternative might have been the better choice.

Firing Pitino was the right decision. But like I have stated before it doesn’t mean the subsequent hire will be the right decision.

Easiest comparison is Mason-Brewster. The two decisions are independent of each other.

So you are saying a big name coach wouldn't have been able to re-recruit Mashburn and a few others? A big name coach wouldn't have gotten a better roster by now? ok.

So you are saying a big name coach wouldn't have been able to re-recruit Mashburn and a few others? A big name coach wouldn't have gotten a better roster by now? ok.
Different era I know, but Tubby barely had to say anything to keep Hoffarber and Al Nolen committed.

Different era I know, but Tubby barely had to say anything to keep Hoffarber and Al Nolen committed.
To me Tubby lived his career off taking over a Pitino recruited championship Kentucky team to the championship.

What "big name" coaches did the Gophers have a realistic shot at bringing in? Musselman is the only one that I can think of.....and he was a long shot, imo.

Mashburn seemed pretty intent on following Pitino. Carr wanted to play for an immediate contender. Robbins looked to be going wherever his uncle was. Maybe a "big name" coach keeps one or two of those guys.....but we didn't have a "big name" coach on the list.

Jackson-Davis is just abusing Sparty in the first half - wow is he fun to watch

Boo got kicked hard in his Buie.

This might be Collins best coaching job.

I enjoyed the Virginia tech guy hitting the potential game winner and fist pumping into filipowski's throat in celebration. Common sense prevails and no flagrant is assessed.

Boo got kicked hard in his Buie.

This might be Collins best coaching job.
From the Woogisms:

Paul Martin had blocked a shot with his groin, then – understandably – limps off the ice rather slowly.
Frank (trying to be demure): “Martin got hit in the, ah, lower abdomen”…. Doug (gleefully): “Looks like Paulie took one in the toast there!”

Top Bottom