2022-2023 College Basketball Other Games Thread

Shaka doing well at Marquette in year 2. Took down #6 UCONN.

This jNW vs Rutgers game is pretty fun. Both teams look good

Shaka doing well at Marquette in year 2. Took down #6 UCONN.

Think my name shows this is the other team I follow. Its been a fun ride to the start of Shaka.

And its part of my frustration with Gophers so far. Now its not fair to compare Ben to Shaka 1 v 1 clearly.

But this MU team is a team that lost its two best guys but returned everyone else. Picked 9th. But the continuity of a clear cut sound system has a starting 5 that is currently playing as one of the best statistical units in the country. Its a bunch of guys that have developed together and are versatile while being undersized.

So I hope that this young gophers team can start to do that next year as well. But right now when I watch the games its hard to see what the plan is. Theres talent there, but no identity or system. THats what we gotta start building.

Michigan was up four against Iowa, gives up a four point play, goes to OT.

Dumb play at the end of Gonzaga BYU. Strictly a lack of execution on the last play. Hated the play call

Brother is an IU grad, their boards are...not pleasant right now.
It'll be interesting to see what happens there. Woodson has zero college coaching experience and hadn't been a head coach anywhere in almost a decade. He was an interesting hire.

If this doesn't work out, I wonder if they swing for the fences - Calipari might want out at UK? Maybe Rick Pitino? Hell,

It'll be interesting to see what happens there. Woodson has zero college coaching experience and hadn't been a head coach anywhere in almost a decade. He was an interesting hire.
I’ve grown ok with lack of HC experience, but not ok with lack of college experience. The NBA down to college record is awful and pretty much the surest bet for failure you can find. So I was critical too, but Woodson to his credit has recruited well so far and came in with a defense first mindset. Next year will be the real test be sure it’ll be his roster and we can truly see his vision.
If this doesn't work out, I wonder if they swing for the fences - Calipari might want out at UK? Maybe Rick Pitino? Hell,
Honestly they’ve swung for the fences the last couple hires but struck out. They swing and miss for Brad Steven’s every time and many others. Rick Pitino will be interesting to watch. I don’t know if he’d go Midwest thought. Same with Cal. I think Cal goes south if he moves anywhere although I think he sticks it with Kentucky a couple more years just hires a new assistant to run the offense. Indiana really needs to find a Matt Painter or Mick Cronin type of builder. I thought Archie was the right guy but it didn’t work.

Woodson was a strange hire. Made little to no sense for IU to hire him.

Its a weird big ten standings right now overall.

Bottom 4 currently contains tOSU and IU. Rutgers in 3rd, with NU in 4th.

Woodson was a strange hire. Made little to no sense for IU to hire him.

Its a weird big ten standings right now overall.

Bottom 4 currently contains tOSU and IU. Rutgers in 3rd, with NU in 4th.

Indiana is struggling right now, but I think Woodson has done a pretty good job so far. He's recruiting well, made the NCAA tournament in his 1st season which they hadn't been to in 5 seasons prior.

They're beat up this season. 4 of their top 6 scorers have missed multiple games. Race is out until sometime in February. Xavier Johnson hasn't played since mid Dec and who knows when he'll be back. 2 of their B1G losses were @iowa by 2 points, and to NW by 1 point. If they can get some wins over the next month, and get Race and Johnson back in Feb, I think they'll be tough late in the year.

Michigan State goes 0 fer from the 3 pt line to lose to Illinois. The Illini are going to be a tough team to go against. They are big, strong, and go hard to the hoop. But, like many, they play better at home. We will need Payne and others to hold their ground in the paint.

It's not just who you play but when you play them. Ohio State has been down, but Illinois is suddenly playing great. They'll be a handful Monday.

Makes me a little more pissed we lost to them. They are pure trash. Three losses in a row, and we could have had it at 4.
They’ll still end up with a good record. Their schedule is super weak in conference.

Top Bottom