2022-2023 College Basketball Other Games Thread

Utah currently a 9th seed on bracket matrix. Minnesota currently holding highest odds in the country to go winless in their respective conference. Slightly different trajectory this year.
Minnesota was undefeated in the non-conference last year and proceeded to finish last in the B1G. Records in December mean next to nothing.

The UCLA/KY game was very entertaining.
The UCLA BB team will be a formidable addition to the BIG schedule.

Minnesota was undefeated in the non-conference last year and proceeded to finish last in the B1G. Records in December mean next to nothing.

It matters if/when you are trying to make the NCAA tournament.

You can only evaluate what is right in front or behind you. We can only make assumptions about the future. I was one that preferred Craig Smith over Ben Johnson when the hire was made. I haven't seen anything to this point to change my opinion. You might ultimately be right in your defense of Ben Johnson. We don't know yet. Time will tell.

The UCLA/KY game was very entertaining.
The UCLA BB team will be a formidable addition to the BIG schedule.
Kentucky doesn’t score in the final 4 minutes to lose by 10.

Just got back from the game. Tommies have had several key guys (Rohde, Parker Bjorklund, Courtney Brown Jr.) miss significant time, but they just keep plugging guys in and play winning basketball. Much more than a 3-point shooting team this season. Were only 4 for 16 from 3 today, NDSU took the 3-point line away from them, so they just attacked the basket constantly.

If Bjorklund isn't 1st team All-Summit League at the end of the season, I'll be stunned. So good, smooth in the post despite being undersized. Tauer put him in iso most of the game, and NDSU had no answer for him, despite the Bison's significant size advantage.

Here's an amusing Barstool blog about Eastern Illinois' upset of Iowa. I can't vouch for accuracy, but their college hoops blogger submits that this EIU win as a 31.5 point dog sets a modern day record, home or away. Couldn't happen to a better foe. I wish I had watched the game just to see Fran's reaction!

Here's an amusing Barstool blog about Eastern Illinois' upset of Iowa. I can't vouch for accuracy, but their college hoops blogger submits that this EIU win as a 31.5 point dog sets a modern day record, home or away. Couldn't happen to a better foe. I wish I had watched the game just to see Fran's reaction!

Top Bottom